Back to First Step Korean

AT
Jun 7, 2017

RN
Oct 6, 2021

This course is really a great start to learn Korean language. It taught me Hangul, particles used, vocabularies and how sentences are made. Thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

401 - 425 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Sudipta D

Jul 29, 2020

This was an excellent course. I have done the Korean basic course in person as well and was doing this one line course as a refresher. I must say that the online course was as good, if not better that the course in the classroom. The teacher was superb. Am now looking forward to seeing a Course for the next level of Korean learning.

By Yulisa A

Aug 3, 2021

Es un excelente curso. Aprendí una variedad de vocabulario, reglas de escritura, el abecedario, en fin... los videos son muy explicativos ya depende de cada uno el dedicarle tiempo extra para estar repasando las unidades y tener un mayor aprendizaje, debido a que cada unidad se encuentra ligada con la siguiente. Agradezco el curso.

By Nichapat S

Jul 15, 2020

I've never known anything about Korean (language), but this course helps me a lot! The instructor teaches slowly and understandably — proper for those who have no background knowledge at all. Quizzes and readings also help me when reviewing for the lessons. The schedule and tasks keep me on track for effective learning outcomes. :)

By Khairun N A

Aug 11, 2021

this course is really helping me to understand Hangul completely. Everything is explained in details (words, prounouciation, vocabulary). Thank you so much Professor Kang for giving clear examples and pronounciations, I am able to follow the learning really well. I still have a long way to go, I'll be able to speak in Korean soon.

By Rachel A

Apr 16, 2021

I did not know where to start with learning Korean on a budget, and had just been using bits and pieces from websites I was finding online, but this course gave me structure and really helped piece together sentences bit by bit. I now feel a bit more confident that I could have these conversations with other Korean speakers!

감사함니다!

By Gonzalo P

Oct 25, 2020

Es excelente para aprender el idioma. Mejoraría los subtítulos en castellano, puesto que en algunos lugares solo hay traducción en inglés. Dado que entiendo el idioma de la traducción no se me hizo difícil, pero en un caso diferente lo hubiera sido. Saliendo de eso, un curso muy práctico para iniciarse en el idioma, lo recomiendo!

By Napatsawan L

Apr 19, 2020

It's easy to learns for beginner. Everything is clear, I have no question for any lesson. I only have to practice more for more fluency at speaking. The most important part is it's really help me to correct my gramma because Korean Gramma is really tough for me. Teacher voice and accent is also clear and easy to understand. 고맙습니다!

By Tuscany B

May 8, 2016

I feel that Teacher Kang is really good with visual aids. I love how varied the tests are! I can feel the different parts of my mind lighting up with information because of the wide variety of questions. She seems kind and very passionate about her work. Because of this course, I started looking into Yonsei University. 감사합니다, 성생님!

By Dwitipriya B

May 26, 2021

it's really a nice experience for me, being a college student it's so hard for me to learn a new language without any guidance and shortage of time, because of this online course I can manage it according to my schedule. I really want to thank our teacher for the guidance and for making this language a bit easy for me. Thank you.

By Sadia T P

Nov 15, 2020

Korean language is a very tough language. As a beginner it is very hard to memorize the alphabets. This course is very organized. Instructor teaches very fine. I love the way she teaches actually. But Coursera should add subtitle for Korean sound too. Maybe this is kind of difficult to add but it will be very helpful for others.

By Hằng L

Aug 25, 2020

Although I have tried different means to study Korean, I found this course is the most suitable for me since the teacher was so devoted, her pronunciation and expression was amazing and the content was easy to follow, covered all of the basic knowledge for beginners like me. Thanks a lot for providing such a useful course. 고마워요!

By Flavia K C B

Aug 25, 2020

El curso es muy bueno, eficaz y entendible a pesar de que el inglés no es mi idioma primario, por ello sugeriría revisar los últimos módulos pues no todo el vídeo contiene los subtitulos en español. Después no existe ningún inconveniente, los módulos de practica y evaluaciones son muy complementarias para llevar a cabo el curso.

By Katherine Z

Jan 4, 2021

I had to delay my last two weeks since I had finals for college. In the first week of doing this course I was able to read and understand a sentence in hangul. I was so shocked and excited. I tried learning the language on my own but it was difficult. Having a professor was great because I could hear how to pronounce the words.

By Annisa F

Aug 21, 2021

I'm so happy that i finally join this course, i learned Korean language from the basic one so i believe i can understand more if i practice a lot. Thank you so much for Professor Seung Hae Kang from Yonsei University for teaching Korean language very patiently, i can't wait to learn more and more about Korean and it's culture!

By miguel p

Dec 4, 2019

At firts I would to joy first step korean, It has improving my basic korean language level. I've learnt greeting in korean, as well a lot vocabulary and grammer. For sure it will be a long road to take an advance on it cause korean is a rough language yet Im inspiring with their cultura and focused to live there in the future.

By Magaly A

Aug 31, 2020

Aprendizaje de conceptos básicos. Aprendizaje de vocabulario, verbos y partículas para construir frases que describan la vida cotidiana. Tips de pronunciación. Contenido en inglés pero con subtítulos en diferentes idiomas. Recurso básico para introducirte en el idioma coreano, comprender conversaciones y participar en ellas.

By Aulia A M

Aug 28, 2020

This is help me to improve my korean language. Usually, I learn korean by myself because there's no korean teacher in my region, and if I want to take korean course, I have to go across province. So, I rather learn by myself. This kind of lessons help people like me to learn about korean by online. Thank you Yonsei University

By Geneva C

Apr 29, 2017

Well structured and paced. It provided a good introduction to the Hangul alphabet and plenty of practice in reading and pronouncing the letters and words. Some of the review dialogue fill-in-the-blanks were difficult but still doable and help to put the concepts together. It is a very good first ever class on Korean language.

By Karla a

Apr 3, 2021

Me pareció muy interesante la forma de enseñar, aún hay palabras que no logro aprender bien, pero las explicaciones siempre fueron las adecuadas; resolvieron mis dudas y me hicieron sentir que tengo en dónde apoyarme para aprender coreano. Seguiré estudiando hasta entender correctamente. ¡Gracias por la ayuda y la enseñanza!

By Angeles G V V

Jul 20, 2020

El curso es sencillo, algunas cosas si se me llegaron a dificultar ,pero nada que la práctica no ayude la me encantó la manera en que explicaba la profesora Seung Hae Kang los vídeos ya que era muy clara su manera de explicar, muy buen curso para pasar el tiempo comprender mejor la escritura y la pronunciación del Coreano.

By Simone P

This was a great intro course to Hangul. I speak a little Korean but have always wanted to learn how to read and write. Having focused and guided lessons really helped me learn the alphabet and how to write words better than any app has done for me so far. I'm really happy with the course and can't wait to continue learning!

By Pia P

Apr 17, 2020

The course starts from absolutely nothing and manages to teach its students all the basics necessary for a stable foundation in Korean. The videos are easy to understand and the culture facts important and interesting. Since the course introduces dialogue from lesson 1, it doesn't get boring or dry. Recommended for everyone!

By roger b

Nov 20, 2019

This is a great course that is systematic and clear. I really like the grammar explanations. There is a need to practice the language in each part but it is great for building knowledge and understanding of how sentences are put together. I found my listening skills really improved the most and I am understanding a lot more.

By Thitirat S

Jul 4, 2017

This too difficult but I really thanks my patient and teacher who was asking me to practice by myself. Although, it was only short program for the beginner like me who didn't have the fundamental of Korean language, I got a lot of the basic to the daily life vocabularies and conversations. I really appreciate it <3

정멀감사합니다.

By Elizabeth A

Feb 25, 2017

This course is a great way to get started in Korean . It has enough depth as to be interesting and practical, yet not overwhelming to someone who is beginning. I have taken a beginning Korean course in a classroom with a native-speaking instructor but, as I would have expected from Yonsei, this course is a much better fit.