Back to First Step Korean

Jun 08, 2017

76 - 100 of 1,782 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Tung N

Apr 12, 2016

FSK was well designed with clear explanation and relevant examples. This course is good for beginners, to those who are new to Korean and only know some Korean words though its dramas or musics. I hope to see the Second Step Korean course (or higher courses) from Yonsei in the coming months. Thanks professor and the course team for your hard work in getting this course up and running on Coursera!

By Iosephf E M S

Jun 22, 2018

Este curso es perfecto para una iniciación al idioma coreano, sin embargo es muy importante el estudio por tu cuenta para no quedar rezagado durante el mismo.En lo personal, es un curso para principiantes con un leve conocimiento del hangul, considero que es necesario un estudio previo acerca del hangul para evitar confusiones en la pronunciación de sílabas, a su vez, de palabras y oraciones.

By Adriano H S

Feb 12, 2019

Very nice course. The big problem is the time your servers take to provide de video. I am in a 2Mbps internet line (FTTH) and it takes 10 min to open. After that lot of spikes in transmission, which become very dificult to follow the teacher. But your course survey was fast, which make me think it is not same provider infrastructure. But anyway, i am still on the first section and i like it.

By Hatori

May 28, 2017

the lessons are designed well for a beginner. It build up my confidence to recognize the Korean alphabets through the dialogs. Meanwhile, repeating the form of the sentences get used to speak Korean for learners. Daily life conversations sometimes matched with Korean dramas I watched. With clear and slower speaking speed I can understand the sentence easily. I like this course very much.

By Soraya A F B

May 03, 2017

Este programa está muy bien planeado, con excelente pedagogía, la Dra. Seung Hae Kang ha realizado muy buen trabajo en la manera de estructurar su clase. La tutora Rachel siempre con buena disposición y muy oportuna en la retroalimentación. Me gustaría que hubiera el siguiente capítulo para continuar el aprendizaje de este hermoso idioma. Realmente ha sido enriquecedor. Muchas gracias.

By Tonatiuh B

Nov 03, 2016

This course is excellent for beginners interested in Korean Language. The course teaches in a clear and concise manner. It relies on the student to take extra time working on pronunciation outside of the "study time" suggested by the course. Withing the first two weeks i was able to read korean words with fairly high accuracy! thank you First Step Korea for making such a great program!

By lingeo

May 04, 2017

it is very good for the Korean language beginner. the teacher not only tells us the right pronunciation but also shows the rule of pronunciation. you can find it very easy to learn Korean language if you know the rule or the grammar of the Korean. BTW, it will be better that the course's content can include the difference between the formal Korean language and the informal language.

By Marllon L

Oct 28, 2017

Excellent course that is helping me a lot to learn korean on the correct way.

I'm really happy to have a chance of making a course from Yonsei University. I'm just bit sad that i cant pay for the certificate and maybe help them to develop more courses but as soon thaat i get a job, i will surely buy it :)

Recommend that course to everyone who wants to have a good first step in korean

By Sara R A

Jul 02, 2017

Un curso fácil de entender y a su vez muy completo. Con un poquito de esfuerzo y dedicación día a día, podrás ser capaz de aprender las nociones básicas para empezar a entender, escribir y hablar coreano. Los vídeos son fáciles de comprender, es cierto que al final del curso los subtítulos en español no aparecen pero teniendo conocimiento de inglés pueden entenderse perfectamente.

By Surabhi S

Aug 02, 2019

I've been learning Hanguel from various online sources but the way it's being taught here on Coursera through Yonsei University is very refreshing, engaging and easy to understand. Thankyou to Professor Kang Seung Hae for the lectures, it felt like I'm attending real classes. I hope Yonsei University comes out with more such courses at Advance Levels. Thankyou, great work Coursera

By Brenda A S M

Sep 29, 2018

I just want to say 고맙습니다 you helped me A LOT with this course when I started I didn't knew anything and my pronnuntiation was very bad, thank you for giving me the oportunity to learn this beautiful language (nobody teaches korean in my city) and I have a lot of grateful things to say, keep teaching korean to foreign people and keep spreading this beautiful culture to the world.

By Emily R

Mar 11, 2018

Me ha encantado este curso, de verdad siento que aprendí mucho. En los exámenes escuchaba las notas de voz y ya tras las primeras lecciones podía entender lo que decían cuando al iniciar no sabía nada. Me ha parecido un muy buen curso, gracias por compartirlo. Ahora comprendo, escribo y hablo un poco mejor el idioma coreano, pero aun me queda mucho por estudiar y practicar :)

By Jose D R H

Feb 11, 2017

Terrific introductory course to Korean, where one immediately learns 1) the Korean alphabet, 2) greetings and introductions, 3) numbers, 4) how to talk about one's family, 5) time and dates, and 6) casual conversations. I highly recommend it as video lectures are very effective, followed by practise exercises and quizzes, which permit the student to measure his/her progress.

By ibtissam r

Aug 28, 2017

It was fun and useful at the same time.. thank you for the wonderful lessons

I wanted to ask if you could send me a document proving that I learned this language ?!!

If this is possible, how can I request it ? (should I send any document to you)

And in the end, as soon as I studied in Coursera, I could write in my diatribe that I can speak Korean?

Please respond quickly .

By Christopher S

Aug 08, 2016

Really informative and detailed! It's a great step for beginners and it's amazing for review. I highly recommend it for anyone just beginning with the Korean language. It's not a difficult or easy course, it does require one to study quite a bit and do some research on the language. The PDF's are great to download and review as you keep practicing throughout the course.

By Alyssa M D R

Jan 09, 2020

In the Introduction of this course, though I have yet to finish it (as I have only completed the Basic Vowels lesson), I have already learned so much just from the beginning. I am thankful for the free trial that the university has given and will hope to be able to support this course when time and effort enables me to. It is highly recommended and a good start for me.

Oct 01, 2018

I, myself, was once clueless and would go blank whenever i'd hear a Korean person speak. Thanks to this course, i have learned to much to the point in which I am able to quite get a basic understanding of what the conversation is about and I am able to hold a conversation. If you apply yourself well and want to devote yourself into learning Korean, you will succeed.

By Tara B

Sep 30, 2017

This was a great introductory course to the Korean language. I've self-studied Korean before, but always struggled with pronunciation, this course is great for getting pronunciation correct. The units will get you into everyday conversation which is easy to use and practice! By the end I find myself reading, writing, and listening to Korean much better. Thank you!

By Emely M

Oct 23, 2019

for me this module really help. I think it does cover the basic that you need in order to learn basic korean words starting from the alphabet or hangeul. There's a lot of time i struggle with the pronunciation. In the future, i think it would be better if there's a guide in written in alphabet as to how to properly pronounce the words. Over all I enjoyed learning

By Pimjai C

May 05, 2017

It needs a lot of hard work by yourself to remember the vocabulary but totally worth it! There are many things I don't understand studying Korean by myself but with the help of the instructor, Ms. Kang, and all the mentors, I get better every week. This is really fun! Thank you for such a good course and all the people involved who made this course possible! :D

By Martha L

Oct 27, 2019

Primero , muchas gracias por darnos la oportunidad de hacer el curso gratuitamente. En verdad me gusto mucho porque esta muy bien estructurado a parte de que aprendi me diverti mucho. Pienso volver a hacerlo si se me permite, porque quiero dominar bien los verbos y la pronunciacion. Tambien me gusto porque esta muy bien explicado. En verdad muchas gracias!!

By Esraa A M S

Nov 13, 2016

I recommend this course for all who want to learn the language.

It is well organized.

Easy to follow.

Contains important topics which u need for your daily life in Korea.

You won't loose your time.

On the other side, the quizzes, I think, are too short or too easy.

It would also be perfect, if we are able to record our own sentences or write it and get feedback.

By Bridget

Feb 07, 2020

This is a great beginner's course for Korean learners. I liked the introduction video for each lesson, then a pdf of the notes is provided so you can review and study, finally you take a quiz to see if you have learned the material. I really enjoyed this course, and it gradually challenged me more and more. I will be returning to it to review and study.

By Soua C

Oct 24, 2016

This was a really good course! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only feedback that I have is to introduce vocabulary before using them in the practice conversations. Otherwise, really informative. I truly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more in dept about the alphabet system, new vocabularies, time, sentence structures, counting, time, and more!

By Karina M M C

Jan 30, 2019

Muchas gracias por este maravilloso curso, puede aprender muchas cosas acerca de la escritura coreana y reforzar mis conocimientos acerca del idioma, agradezco nuevamente por permitirme tomar este curso y mejorar mis habilidades.Espero que sigan haciendo este tipo de cursos y niveles más avanzados como con conversación y actividades cotidianas. Gracias