Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

126 - 150 of 5,179 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Nurse R

May 23, 2020

Thank you very much for creating this fantastic course! I like this course so much. I have been enjoying myself studying these Korean lessons for full five weeks. Those are 5 weeks of happiness. I will try my best to improve my Korean skills. Thank you professor for teaching me. I like your accent, your voice and the way you explain every little detail to me. I wish you the best. Stay safe and stay healthy during this current situation. Take care :)

By Emal R

Feb 21, 2017

I can hoenstly say that languages is something I have never excelled at but for whatever reason I managed to get a hold of the Korean alphabet and learn some basic conversation because of this course. The teaching, vocabulary provided and exerciess make the course interesting. Highly recommend the course to anyone who has a genuine passion and interest in the language for whatever reason (I started off as someone who just enjoys K-drama). Good luck!

By Maria G T

Jan 15, 2018

Desde hace mucho tiempo estaba intentando aprender Coreano por mi cuenta pero se me hacía muy difícil, ahora gracias a este curso pude aprender a leer y escribir en Hangul. Además, pude adquirir una noción básica del idioma. Es un curso de muy buena calidad y con subtítulos en varios idiomas que permiten un aprendizaje más sencillo. Sobra decir que ya estoy inscrita en el siguiente y espero que sigan impartiendo mas cursos de Coreano. 고맙습니다

By Hansani W K

Jun 26, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning Korean Language through this First Step Korean by Yonsei University as a Sri Lankan. There are lot of knowledge and skills included in First Step Korean course. And I should mention that the Professor Seung Hae Kang is a great teacher, instructor who helped to achieve a great goal. Thank you so much teacher. I highly recommend First Step Korean by Yonsei University for those who want to learn Korean Language.

By Maria A A

Aug 07, 2020

Before join this course, i already know a little about korean from korean drama and korean music. But after i join this course and learn, i know about how pronounce and utilize korean language in a good way. Professor Kang is a great instructor (Thank you Professor Kang :) ), she explained and guided me very well. This course is easy to follow and very informative because the course is explained korean language that we used in daily life.

By Biren M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a really nice experience to learn Korean language. The course was very interesting with good demo video clips and convenient sentence and phrase examples. This course covers most of the basic things you need to speak and write in Korean when you have a normal conversation with Korean people. After successful completion of this course, you can easily write or speak in Korean about yourself and describe most of the things about you.

By Aditi P

May 03, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. The lessons were easy to understand and comprehend. The forums teams were very helpful too and responded to my questions immediately. I am so happy with this course. Although I wanted to learn Korean out of interest due to k-pop :P , but I feel proud for utilizing this maple of time during this global pandemic. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the efforts put into this.

Regards,

Aditi Pattanaik :)

By Yolanda E S

Jul 28, 2020

Me encanto el curso, muy bien explicado y los materiales que nos brindaron fueron de gran ayuda, espero que puedan habilitar una continuación para seguir reforzando, desde ya muchas gracias, fue de gran ayuda para abrir el interés para con el idioma.

Ya nos tocará ir practicando con la base dada y de vuelta lo recalco, espero que hagan una continuación del curso, estaría de vuelta participando de ser así.

Gracias.

Yolanda Suárez

By M L

Apr 23, 2019

The course is amazing, very thorough and the professor explains everything in a very clear and polite way. In my opinion, the deadlines of the course are a little bit tight for a full-time worker that wants to study the language because the modules require a lot of self-study during and after; However, the deadlines can be reschedule so that is another plus. Thank you very much Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang.

By Robert G

Nov 17, 2016

I really liked it! In truth, I had spent time learning Korean years ago (basic) and so this course was more of a refresher for me. However, I recognized that I had lost some words and so this course helped me get back up somewhat. For a 'first step' course, however, it really throws you in the deep end with reading and listening. For those who have never taken any Korean or asian language before, it might be overwhelming.

By Ayesha A

Apr 12, 2020

This is a great course. If anyone wants to learn how to read and write Hanguel as well as some basic everyday Korean phrases, this would be a great place to start. The instructor is very nice and her pedagogy is very simple, easy and understandable. I completely recommend this to new learners, this is a great first step to take if you want to start this journey of learning Korean. Thank you to the instructor and Coursera.

By Irene L

Jul 26, 2016

Very helpful intro course. The videos are easy to follow and there's lots of examples.

The extra notes are sometimes lacking (for example the pdf for 5.4 doesn't mention 듣다 and the other irregular verbs) so I took lots of notes while watching.

The vocabulary list seems daunting, especially in the last week, but with some practice I've memorised most of it.

I liked the parts that explained pronounciation in detail.

선생님 고맙습니다.

By Claudia F

Mar 13, 2017

Realmente he aprendido mucho durante y finalmente con la realización de este curso. Las lecciones han sido muy amenas y de gran utilidad. Las empecé sin entender nada de coreano y al finalizarlo puedo llegar a mantener una conversación básica con alguien. Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por el ofrecimiento de este curso y espero que con más cursos venideros pueda seguir estudiando y mejorando mi coreano. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Natnicha L

Apr 15, 2020

This is one of the most useful Korean courses I've ever taken. It is simple but significant. Foreign learners can study the lessons themselves by watching the videos provided in each lesson, revising the content through the uploaded documents and doing the quizzes to grade their Korean skills. Lastly, I will be glad if Yonsei University provides more courses about 'Learning Korean As A Foreign Language' in the future.

By Marri W

My reading, listening and comprehension skills have greatly improved. I also have a better understanding of the literal meanings of words and phrases as well as patterns which makes it much easier to create my own sentences. I enjoyed the pacing of the lectures and the practice exercises. There was a lot of variety and variation in dialogue as well as enough pattern and repetition to facilitate the learning process.

By Melissa A

I really had fun taking this course! It is easy to understand and to follow for beginners like me. Professor Kang's explanations are clear and concise but I agree with her that the best way to learn a new language is to keep on practising. I will keep on review the lectures on this course to make sure I don't forget what I have learned. Thank you, Coursera and Yonsei University for this learning opportunity! 고맙습니다!

By ESTEFANÍA D J A P

Oct 20, 2019

Muy buen curso. Me sirvió como repaso de todo lo básico que he aprendido en mi escuela de coreano, pero que aquí explican mejor o con más detalle ciertas cosas que no entendía bien el origen o el porqué (Basically I used the english version of this course, and it was so clear for me even if I'm spanish speaker) . El curso en conclusión es muy claro, muy ordenados los temas y muy útil para la vida diaria. 너무 감사합니다!

By Francesco T

Feb 22, 2020

In this course I learnt a lot of interesting things about a language so difficult as the Korean one. The teacher Seung Hae Kang has always been clear and good in her teachings and explanations. I'm more curious about the "Korean world" now, and as I found other courses about Korea on "Coursera", I'll start another one as soon as possible.

Many thanks to Seung Hae Kang and, clearly, thanks to "Coursera" too!

By Keyla O

Jun 29, 2020

When I started I have no idea about Korean language, but now that I've finished the course I get pretty nice writing and listening skills, I'm also be able to speak and read, at least a little (the basics), but It will improve with the practice and time. I know It will help me in future. I'm really grateful with Yonsei University for allowing us learn and for teaching us a bit of Korean culture. 고맙습니다! <3

By Priyanka S

Jun 13, 2020

Absolutely loved the course. Perfect for beginners. Practice is key definitely in learning any language and Korean is no different. I have learnt so much from this course. Totally recommend it to anyone trying to learn this language. Thank you so much. Also I m really grateful for all the mentors who would answer all the queries in the discussion forums promptly. Really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

By Victoria S

Jun 18, 2020

너무 너무 감사합니다!!!

I knew some Korean before taking this class so I wanted to take this course and see how much I knew, this course has helped me with some grammar and a lot of vocabulary also it has encouraged me to learn more and more about this beautiful language. I think with a lot of hard work I could at least understand sentences and read without the necessity of look into the dictionary all the time.

By Asfaari R

Jun 24, 2017

Thank you very much seon saeng nim, I have learnt so many basic knowledge about Korean language, and it was very interesting. I was enjoying the lecturer so much. The lesson has been taught in very good way. I could understand the material very easily. Hopefully I could learn more about Korean language and become a fluent Korean speaker one day.. Thank you so much for your great lesson seon saeng nim..

By Kemly O C

Jul 31, 2016

Excelente curso y ampliamente recomendado. Gracias a las bases que he aprendido con "First Step Korean" y al apoyo de buenos amigos coreanos que he conocido online, puedo mejorar y poner en práctica los conceptos. Agradezco la oportunidad de aprender las bases del idioma coreano y la introducción a una nueva cultura. En el futuro, espero participar de nuevos cursos impartidos por la Universidad Yonsei.

By Tram N

Jul 26, 2020

The materials are clear and easy to follow. The course teaches me some basic ways to make a conversation in Korean. Also, there are a lot of vocabulary to learn from in this course. Of course, not all Korean vocab is here, but it's helpful to learn quite a bit from this course alone. Would highly recommend for beginners wanting to get a first glimpse of Korean language. I really enjoy the course !!

By Dhanushka E

Feb 21, 2020

I am addicted to watch Korean tv series and its impressed me to learn Korean language, when I joined this program I know some of the words such as unni, oppa, harapuji and so and so on, when I started this course it drive me to the real world and I really engaged with this, and I need to thank Professor to teach the lesson in a way in which we can clearly understand, thank you so much. Kamsahamnida