Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

1651 - 1675 of 1,848 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Kristyn S

Nov 07, 2016

The videos went a bit fast for me and the course tried to cover too many things in each video in my opinion, but overall it was a good introduction to Korean! The lecture notes were very helpful--I recommend printing them off and using them to follow along with the lecture videos.

By Jean D O O

Jul 20, 2019

¡Me gustó mucho este curso! cada vídeo me enseñó sobre todo lo básico que necesito saber para empezar a aprender coreano. Les recomiendo que se traduzcan mejor los subtítulos en español; los subtítulos de la semana 5 estaban en inglés aunque selecccionara el idioma español.

By somaya T

Mar 22, 2020

I really liked the videos and the explanation, and i want to keep learning ❤

I'm currently studying Korean at The Korean Culture Centre in Egypt '세종학당에소 한국어를 배워요', but because of the Corona virus we are taking a break, so i enjoyed keeping in touch with Korean.

감사합니다 ❤

By Susan E

Feb 25, 2016

I have studied Korean for about 10 months and still found some of the information useful. The numbers and dates always confuse me till this day. Quizzes were on average too easy, just listening or multiple choice. The answers were easy to find without much thought.

By Wilasinee M

Sep 25, 2019

This course is really good for study Korean as a beginner. Study from beginning like alphabet and lecture note are very useful. Also can study daily conversation too. You can practice by yourself with the worksheet and learn how to pronounce like Korean.

By Sofia

Aug 04, 2017

Very useful. This course was informative enough to get me started, but not too loaded with info such that it would make me bored and lose interest. I hope Yonsei will continue with Part 2, 3 etc. in Coursera. Thank you to Coursera and Yonsei University!

By Rachel N

Oct 10, 2019

This is a fantastic course!! It was very informative, explanatory and easy to follow along with. It helped to improve my knowledge of Hangul. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn to speak, write, read and understand Korean.

By Mireya H

Aug 05, 2017

At first I got bored because I didn't undestand much but after the fist two weeks it all started to make sense I like how the vocabulary is introduced and the practice part so I could immediatly make use of what is learned in that particular lesson

By Brigitta V J

Aug 17, 2019

Teaches a lot of vocabulary for daily life. Still having trouble with the pronunciations, especially the double consonants. Also still not sure about some of the particles and when I should use which. But overall a great introductory course!

By Brisa R G

Feb 10, 2018

esta genial pero como no hablo mucho el idioma inglés se me dificultó un poco ya que no todo venía traducido. (This is great but since I do not speak much the English language was difficult for me since not everything was translated.)

By Ricardo V F

Jan 17, 2017

I loved the course. I was, however, overwhelmed by the amount of information especially in the last unit, No5. which had tons of vocabulary and expressions. Thank you for the opportunity to learn, it has been very valuable for me.

By Ally L

May 19, 2019

Es muy buen curso, de no saber absolutamente nada del idioma, me enseño de una forma muy rápida y sencilla a como escribir y pronunciar, a como presentarme, a contar y a platicar sobre mi vida.

Muchas Gracias por ésta experiencia.

By A. M

Jul 01, 2018

Some of the lessons were a bit confusing because it included the materials which were not covered, but were coming up in the lessons ahead. Overall it was a good course. I learned a lot and will review my studies. Thank you.

By Carolina A S

Jun 23, 2018

buen curso para comenzar a familiarizarte con el coreano. (alfabeto, pronunciaciones básicas , preguntas básicas y vocabulario) Sin embargo, sigue teniendo problemas de subtitulación al español desde la sesión 4.1 a la 4.4

By Alexia R

Aug 17, 2017

I will remove one star because they are supposed to teach in Spanish too, but the subtitles are incomplete. I loved the course, I would like to have the intermediate part, but this encourage me to take the Topik I and II.

By Paola C

Jan 03, 2018

El curso es muy bueno pero desde la semana 4 más o menos, los subtítulos ya no están en español... sino en Ingles, es un poco difícil para quienes solo hablamos español... ojala puedan corregir ese detalle. Gracias.

By Erica B

Sep 25, 2016

If you're looking to lean Korean, taking this course will help set the foundation for learning Korean and teach you some of the basic communication skills. It's easy to follow and the work required is manageable.

By Hendy Z

Feb 26, 2016

It's easy for a beginning learner,the teacher taught the structure and the framework that Korean are formed.It seems that we can use the method that we learn English to learn Korean.It's an interesting course.

By Sierra O

Apr 16, 2016

It was a good class, and definitely laid down a foundation for learning and understanding the lesson. However, it was difficult at times trying to understand, the professor would say the Korean too swiftly.

By Saki P

Apr 28, 2017

This course is very useful for first learning Korean.

I have learned the meaning Korean alphabet through first week session.

Firstly we know Korean alphabet's history. It helps us understand Korean easily.

By Ashley H

Oct 14, 2018

Its a great course for starting, it focuses more on the grammar side which is just as important as the language itself. Definitely a course I will review constantly, for when I need to write and speak.

By Swapnil R

Feb 26, 2020

Learning any foreign language is a tough task and especially languages like Hanguel and Mandarin, but I would like to thank the faculty who designed this course and made it easy for learners like us.

By Kettrin A

Jun 12, 2017

I like the way the lesson is being conducted. Only downside is, there is not much written practise. If there is written practise like typing it, that will be a good practice for learning retention.

By Sarah A

Mar 27, 2020

it was a fun course, it correct my pronunciation.. sometimes the pronunciation in the exam isn't clear.

i really enjoyed this course & i hope there will be another courses for Korean language.

By Renee M

Aug 07, 2016

I have been waiting for a Korean language course with coursera for a long time. it is very good course for beginner; I had all the explanations and the pronunciation techniques were helpful.