Back to First Step Korean

May 02, 2017

176 - 200 of 1,769 Reviews for First Step Korean

By alexandria

Jul 21, 2019

this class has made me extremely comfortable with speaking in korean and has helped me learn through repetition and practice. I truly believe that this is the best way to start learning because this course and professor explains everything very well!

By Thais M

Dec 17, 2017

I loved this! I was very helpful and a great base to start studying Korean. There was a lot of things that I didn`t know and couldn`t find answers on the internet. However, I`ve found the answers in here. Thank you for these classes. It helped a lot!

By Stephanie S

Jan 09, 2017

Very helpful to first-time learners of the language! Thankful for the clear explanations and the pacing of the course. It really is difficult to learn a foreign language but with guides like these, the experience becomes more motivating and engaging!

By Adam A

Jan 20, 2020

I read a lot of reviews complaining that everything was in Korean text. Before this course I took the time to go learn the alphabet from YouTube videos. This probably helped a lot with the course. Before you start this course, go learn the alphabet.

By kiyon h

Jul 29, 2017

This course was really great at getting me to understand certain aspects of the language that I didn't understand on my own. I loved watching the Professors videos and hope that I can meet her one day to let her know that she helped me learn Korean!

By Laryssa S R d L

Aug 28, 2017

This is a very good course. You can learn the important basic things from the Korean language. You will be able to understand perfectly the Hangul Alphabet. The teacher is great and has a good teaching method. I am very satisfied with this course.

By Yonca A

May 30, 2019

Well organized introduction to Korean, providing necessary vocabulary and grammar. What I liked the most about this course were the information about Korean culture and how the pronunciation of words change, when they're combined with each other.

By Tuunik-Madza'a

Dec 24, 2018

El curso da la oportunidad de tener un horario flexible, y las clases están bien resumidas, de tal manera que uno aprende lo suficiente en clase y lo puede practicar por si mismo en otro momento, esto es muy útil para cuando uno está muy ocupado.

By Valeria S

May 20, 2019

This course was awesome as an introduccion to Corean language, the notes and videos were clear enough. The only element I had problems with was with the pronunciation explaination, but I think pronunciation is difficult in general. Great course!

By radeyah

Feb 03, 2019

it was quite easy to understand through the follow ups

and the videos, re-watching it more than once also helped exponentially

it is a great way to review common topics used in South Korea.

overall i enjoyed is it and would only thank the teacher.

By Laura N C S

Mar 19, 2019

This course is worth to try. in about 3 days i can read korean hangeul (mostly i used it to read hangeul in my fav korean variety shows). After completed the course i can understand conversation in daily basis. thank you, Ms. Seung Hae Kang :)

By Bibiana R

Feb 15, 2017

Gracias Universidad de Yonsei, Coursera, Hae Kang y Rachel! Aprendí muchísimo, es muy difícil el idioma, pero estos primeros pasos me han dado luz. Es una buena metodología. Espero tener más tiempo para repasar y seguir. Muy agradecida! 안녕히 계세요

By DASHIFU

Nov 23, 2017

It is really great to have the chance to learn First Step Korean on Coursera, it is easy to understand what the teacher is saying and the teacher is great! I felt fulfilled and I will continue to learn Korean in the future. Thank you Ms. Kang!

By Patrick H

Aug 21, 2017

Excellently structured course for learning and getting to grip with the basics. Designed for those who have no previous experience with the Korean language. First module concentrates solely on the Korean alphabet, reading and writing Hangeul.

By Anshu K

Aug 04, 2019

My experience of this course was very good. It definitely met my expectations. Thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang for making Hangul this easy to learn. I will surely recommend Coursera to others and learn more skills myself in the future.

By Magaly C A

Apr 13, 2019

Es excelente! Lo que he visto hasta el momento me ha quedado muy claro, las técnicas para enseñarlo son demasiado buenas!! El rango de tiempo para ir realizándolo es muy flexible. He podido aprender bastante de este hermoso idioma!! 고맙습니다!!!

By Rosalina B S

Feb 16, 2019

Es bastante rápido como se aprende, es un curso para aprender sobre lectura y escritura del Hangul básico, realmente es una gran oportunidad poder llevarlo, y vale cada minuto invertido, ya que el conocimiento adquirido es bastante elevado.

By Vania J C M

Mar 14, 2018

Es un buen curso para comenzar a aprender coreano, tiene subtitulos en muchos idiomas, incluyendo el español, al final los subtitulos en español fallan pero en cuanto a la enseñanza es muy básica y fácil de aprender; totalmente recomendado.

By Beatriz S

Jul 09, 2019

All the information is very well explained. Enrolled knowing absolutely nothing about Korean and now I can actually read and form simple sentences. Pushed me to really learn the alphabet instead of relying on English phonetic translations.

By L C A

Apr 04, 2018

very nice course, i find it very useful to remember some of the things i learned before but also helped me a lot to resolve some doubts about the reason of the use of some particles or why some word become in a different sound. thank you.

By Alejandra M T

Dec 30, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. The lectures were easy to understand and the notes were helpful to continue practicing throughout the week. The quizzes were great to really test my understanding, especially my listening and reading skills.

By te

Nov 27, 2017

Je trouve ce cours très complet pour débuter l'apprentissage du coréen. Tout est expliqué pas à pas, ce qui permet de comprendre le cours très facilement. Même si les exercices ne sont pas très durs, l'ensemble du cours reste très bien !

By Spandana S S

May 22, 2019

I not only learnt to write and read Korean. but also to speak and converse in it. The professor made this course very interesting and the way she spoke was clear and perfect. Thank you so much for teaching me Korean in less than a week.

By Anushikha D

Feb 14, 2020

Best language course so far. It was easy to understand and was very well explained. I would recommend this course who wants to learn Korean. It not only helped me to read and write but also to speak and understand their culture better.

By Juan C M T

May 14, 2017

Es un curso de introducción muy bueno, te proporciona varios elementos para iniciar en este idioma, pero no hay que olvidar que se tiene que practicar mucho para no olvidar lo aprendido y trabajar en el vocabulario es algo fundamental.