Back to First Step Korean

AT
Jun 7, 2017

176 - 200 of 7,893 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Holly S

Working with Yonsei Unversity through Coursera has been an amazing opportunity. I had been searching for a formal, online way to learn & study the basics of the Korean language, and this was exactly what I was looking for! Seung Hae Kang is an exceptional professor, and I enjoyed learning from each of the units of this course. First Step Korean has inspired me to continue furthering my education of the Korean language. To Yonsei University & Coursera: 감사합니다!

By Cheryl M

Sep 17, 2016

This was such a fun and great course to follow. I really want to learn more Korean and this is great for starters. You will learn how to write Hangul and speak in a very easy way. The classes are not too difficult and you can keep up easily if you spend the time each week on each course. I recommend this for everyone who wants to learn the basics of Korean language. I finished today and I can't wait to get my certificate. Thank you so much Yonsei University!

By Elanur T

Jun 21, 2020

I didn't know anything about Korean, even though I am really interested in Korean Culture and also love listening to Kpop. Basically other then a few vocabulary that I knew, I could't read it or didn't know anything about the grammar. This course makes it so easy the learn, the videos are short and easy to understand and the quiz questions are also easy when you understood the topic. Overall it makes learning Korean easier, I would definitely recommend it.

By Keema

Sep 3, 2020

I really loved it. And since I was already interested in learning Korean this is the perfect way for me to kick start my journey especially since I'm home quarantined and my school hasn't started yet. I used this opportunity to focus on my Korean. Thank you for providing this. Even though I would have loved to start with the FORMAL way because I read that it was impolite to use the INFORMAL way to someone you just met but thank you for greatly helping me.

By Belem P D L F

Jun 13, 2020

I was extremely nervous and hesitant about taking this course. I finally took it and since I had time, I dedicated my free time to this class and to doing the assignments/exercises. If you put in the time to study, you will succeed. My Korean is definitely better than it was. I will continue learning and have been trying to sharpen my skills by listening to see what I can understand from YouTube videos and trying to read what I can because of this class.

By Armando L

Feb 7, 2018

This course was really great, the teacher was fantastic, everything was well structured and it really was a great starting point to learn this amazing and interesting language and culture. I'll definitely take my time to practice what I've learned and will try to do other courses in more advanced levels to master the Korean language. Thank you for offering this online, thank you for sharing your beautiful culture with the world. I wish it were longer!

By Nurse R

May 23, 2020

Thank you very much for creating this fantastic course! I like this course so much. I have been enjoying myself studying these Korean lessons for full five weeks. Those are 5 weeks of happiness. I will try my best to improve my Korean skills. Thank you professor for teaching me. I like your accent, your voice and the way you explain every little detail to me. I wish you the best. Stay safe and stay healthy during this current situation. Take care :)

By Emal R

Feb 20, 2017

I can hoenstly say that languages is something I have never excelled at but for whatever reason I managed to get a hold of the Korean alphabet and learn some basic conversation because of this course. The teaching, vocabulary provided and exerciess make the course interesting. Highly recommend the course to anyone who has a genuine passion and interest in the language for whatever reason (I started off as someone who just enjoys K-drama). Good luck!

By Deepanshi

Feb 23, 2021

Excellent course. Absolute guide from scratch. I'm an undergraduate student and I want to do Master's in south korea through scholarship. That's why I wanted to learn Korean and this beginner level course helped me alot.

But because of financial issues I couldn't purchase the certificate even after successful completion of this course 😩😞. So I'm sad also because I don't have any official document in my achievements related to this course.

By Maria G T

Jan 14, 2018

Desde hace mucho tiempo estaba intentando aprender Coreano por mi cuenta pero se me hacía muy difícil, ahora gracias a este curso pude aprender a leer y escribir en Hangul. Además, pude adquirir una noción básica del idioma. Es un curso de muy buena calidad y con subtítulos en varios idiomas que permiten un aprendizaje más sencillo. Sobra decir que ya estoy inscrita en el siguiente y espero que sigan impartiendo mas cursos de Coreano. 고맙습니다

By Hansani W K

Jun 26, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning Korean Language through this First Step Korean by Yonsei University as a Sri Lankan. There are lot of knowledge and skills included in First Step Korean course. And I should mention that the Professor Seung Hae Kang is a great teacher, instructor who helped to achieve a great goal. Thank you so much teacher. I highly recommend First Step Korean by Yonsei University for those who want to learn Korean Language.

By Maria A A

Aug 7, 2020

Before join this course, i already know a little about korean from korean drama and korean music. But after i join this course and learn, i know about how pronounce and utilize korean language in a good way. Professor Kang is a great instructor (Thank you Professor Kang :) ), she explained and guided me very well. This course is easy to follow and very informative because the course is explained korean language that we used in daily life.

By Biren M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a really nice experience to learn Korean language. The course was very interesting with good demo video clips and convenient sentence and phrase examples. This course covers most of the basic things you need to speak and write in Korean when you have a normal conversation with Korean people. After successful completion of this course, you can easily write or speak in Korean about yourself and describe most of the things about you.

By Aditi P

May 3, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. The lessons were easy to understand and comprehend. The forums teams were very helpful too and responded to my questions immediately. I am so happy with this course. Although I wanted to learn Korean out of interest due to k-pop :P , but I feel proud for utilizing this maple of time during this global pandemic. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the efforts put into this.

Regards,

Aditi Pattanaik :)

By Yikella Y

Aug 24, 2020

Really enjoyable course to take. I found this unit really well planned in terms of when topics and new vocabulary were introduced. In fact, this was more helpful than my own university's Korean Beginners course which I paid for! I like to give an hour each day for each week's lesson because I tend to pause and repeat phrases to check my pronunciation; this way I also won't be bored as I get distracted very easily. 한국어를 가르쳐 주셔서 감사합니다!

By Yarelí Z

Dec 16, 2020

Me agradó mucho porque es interactivo y puedo repetir las clases; además si algo no me quedó muy claro puedo regresar sin ningún problema.

La profesora explica muy bien, y las 3 oportunidades en el quiz también es una excelente idea

Sin embargo debo señalar que los subtítulos de las últimas clases no estaban totalmente en español por lo que me demoraba más en comprender lo que explicaba y muchas veces debía ayudarme con el traductor.

By Deborah B

Oct 3, 2020

The pace of the topic discussion is enough for beginners to have. The explanation and examples given on each topic is not confusing to the learner. The lesson is not complicated which really helped a lot in assisting a beginner like me. I need the Korean language skills for my work. I really wanted to master basic conversational speaking skills. Thank you Mrs. Kang and thank you to Yonsei University for their generous assistance.

By Yolanda E S A

Jul 28, 2020

Me encanto el curso, muy bien explicado y los materiales que nos brindaron fueron de gran ayuda, espero que puedan habilitar una continuación para seguir reforzando, desde ya muchas gracias, fue de gran ayuda para abrir el interés para con el idioma.

Ya nos tocará ir practicando con la base dada y de vuelta lo recalco, espero que hagan una continuación del curso, estaría de vuelta participando de ser así.

Gracias.

Yolanda Suárez

By M L

Apr 23, 2019

The course is amazing, very thorough and the professor explains everything in a very clear and polite way. In my opinion, the deadlines of the course are a little bit tight for a full-time worker that wants to study the language because the modules require a lot of self-study during and after; However, the deadlines can be reschedule so that is another plus. Thank you very much Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang.

By Robert G

Nov 17, 2016

I really liked it! In truth, I had spent time learning Korean years ago (basic) and so this course was more of a refresher for me. However, I recognized that I had lost some words and so this course helped me get back up somewhat. For a 'first step' course, however, it really throws you in the deep end with reading and listening. For those who have never taken any Korean or asian language before, it might be overwhelming.

By Ayesha A

Apr 12, 2020

This is a great course. If anyone wants to learn how to read and write Hanguel as well as some basic everyday Korean phrases, this would be a great place to start. The instructor is very nice and her pedagogy is very simple, easy and understandable. I completely recommend this to new learners, this is a great first step to take if you want to start this journey of learning Korean. Thank you to the instructor and Coursera.

By Irene L

Jul 26, 2016

Very helpful intro course. The videos are easy to follow and there's lots of examples.

The extra notes are sometimes lacking (for example the pdf for 5.4 doesn't mention 듣다 and the other irregular verbs) so I took lots of notes while watching.

The vocabulary list seems daunting, especially in the last week, but with some practice I've memorised most of it.

I liked the parts that explained pronounciation in detail.

선생님 고맙습니다.

By Philip S

Apr 16, 2021

Anyone who wants to learn the basics of the Korean Language will love taking this course. You will be guided by an Associate Professor Teacher Seung Hae Kang of Yonsei University. I like this course. The lessons are easy at first with short conversation sentences. The 4th and 5th week lessons will be challenging as the sentences are longer. But, if you wish to develop the skill for conversation then take this course.

By Nada R Y

Dec 14, 2020

Each week the videos are prepared with the concept of micro learning, the duration of the videos is arranged briefly and clearly but does not eliminate the essence of the material presented. Learning videos have been designed for learning activities that are fun and not boring. I am very satisfied using first step korean provides it for free. I hope the next course will be much better and I can follow it again! Thank you

By Claudia F

Mar 13, 2017

Realmente he aprendido mucho durante y finalmente con la realización de este curso. Las lecciones han sido muy amenas y de gran utilidad. Las empecé sin entender nada de coreano y al finalizarlo puedo llegar a mantener una conversación básica con alguien. Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por el ofrecimiento de este curso y espero que con más cursos venideros pueda seguir estudiando y mejorando mi coreano. ¡Muchas gracias!