Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

AN

326 - 350 of 9,179 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Shrabanti B

Jul 19, 2021

The finest Korean language learning course ever! I'm so glad that I could find such a perfect course for myself.Thanks to professor Seung Hae Kang for explaining everything so neatly and encouraging us. This course truly boosted up my confidence to keep practicing Korean.I'd like to recommend this to all the beginners. Thanks a lot to the course team.❤️

By Joana R F C G

Apr 25, 2021

Thank you so much Prof. Seung Hae Kan! The lessons are easy to follow and learning materials help a lot, altough i also bought a korean writing practice book and an extra book for korean learner beginners with audio! Im very pleased and cant wait to continue more courses.

I bought the certificare as well and im very thrilled about it, thank you once more

By Yessenia P

Jul 14, 2020

Hola soy de Chile, a pesar de que me falta aún mucho por estudiar para aprender palabras y gramática, quiero decir que es un excelente curso, muy didáctico, me encantó la forma en la que se explicó todo. Gracias por dar la oportunidad de impartir este curso de forma gratuita y poder acercarme más a la experiencia coreana. Saludo y muchas gracias por todo

By ZAINAB A

Jun 3, 2020

I loved this course so much I'm so glad I took it. The videos and practice sections within them are perfect for learning. The quizzes are also very helpful to determine how much one has retained and the lecturer made this course very interesting. I did not feel like this was an online course at all, it felt like a proper lecture in university. Thank you.

By kalina m

May 22, 2020

This course was super comprehensive and easy to follow. It teaches you not only basic language skills but Korean culture as well. The examples and dialogues are practical, and you can use them in day to day conversation. The lecturer was also very good, and helped make the learning experience even more enjoyable. Thank you for making this amazing course!

By Bridget

Feb 6, 2020

This is a great beginner's course for Korean learners. I liked the introduction video for each lesson, then a pdf of the notes is provided so you can review and study, finally you take a quiz to see if you have learned the material. I really enjoyed this course, and it gradually challenged me more and more. I will be returning to it to review and study.

By Soua C

Oct 23, 2016

This was a really good course! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only feedback that I have is to introduce vocabulary before using them in the practice conversations. Otherwise, really informative. I truly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more in dept about the alphabet system, new vocabularies, time, sentence structures, counting, time, and more!

By Dalia M

Feb 17, 2021

Excelente curso para principiantes del idioma. Muy bien explicado y con ejercicios complementarios de cada lección para practicar siempre que lo necesites. Otra cosa que me gusto mucho es que se cuenta con explicación de la pronunciación y así poder avanzar en ese punto.

Me encantaría se hiciera un curso más largo con los siguientes niveles del idioma.

By Karina M M C

Jan 29, 2019

Muchas gracias por este maravilloso curso, puede aprender muchas cosas acerca de la escritura coreana y reforzar mis conocimientos acerca del idioma, agradezco nuevamente por permitirme tomar este curso y mejorar mis habilidades.Espero que sigan haciendo este tipo de cursos y niveles más avanzados como con conversación y actividades cotidianas. Gracias

By Alliah J A

May 16, 2021

As a full beginner in Korean Language, I tried many ways before to study it but I just learn simple sentences and phrases such as hello and how are you. Thank you Yonsei University for making this course. I'm a junior high school student and dreaming to study in South Korea for my collage, maybe I've become your student soon. Please remember me- Allie

By Ekta R

Dec 12, 2020

First of all a very big thanks of Professor Kang. It was so great to have her as my teacher, I learnt a lot from her.

They way she was teaching was so easy to understand and very informative as well.

I was so happy through out this course.

I am so much into Korean culture and their language. I hope I get to learn more deeply about that.

By Norelly J G B y G

Jun 27, 2018

El mejor curso de coreano que he tenido en mi vida, es muy bueno para aquellos que lo quieran aprender o que no encuentran un curso en línea para aprender desde la comodidad de sus casa, este curso es demasiado bueno.La maestra es muy buena con una gran experiencia para enseñar el idoma coreano. Sumamente el mejor curso de coreano que existe en linea

By Dulce M

May 24, 2021

Este curso me gusto mucho y me pareció bastante completo, comenzando desde lo mas básico hasta cosas un poco mas avanzadas. Me ha ayudado muchísimo, aunque en las ultimas clases los subtítulos que eran en español, estaban en inglés, así que eso seria un punto a revisar. Pero en cuestión de contenido todo perfecto, muy recomendado, ¡gracias por todo!

By Dora R

Aug 4, 2020

Annyeong Haseyo,

I loved the class, although I found it a bit challenging, but I know that with practice I will get better. I will continue on the journey to be able to speak and understand the Korean language. Many thank you to Prof. Seung Hae Kang for all her hard work so that I could learn the basics. I look forward to leaning more. Gamsahamnida

By Lindsay G

Mar 18, 2017

Wonderful course! This class really helps you grasp the basics of Hangul and teaches several phrases and a little bit of grammar. I definitely recommended this class for anyone who wants to start learning to speak and read Korean. I will be signing up for the next course and continuing my Korean education! Thank you for offering such a great course!

By Alberti M

Jul 24, 2020

I really loved how everything was divided into sections and explained one at a time. Also, the pace is quite slow so you, as a beginner, can follow easily. For visual learners there are images which help you memorize faster and the listening part in the quizzes it's really clear. Thank you so much for this course, I really learned so many things!

By Consuelo E T

Nov 26, 2020

For a beginner like me, I find First Step Korean an effective tool in learning basic Korean. The lessons are practical and useful in everyday life. They are presented in a way that is easy to follow and understand. That makes learning interesting and fun. I hope to be able to practice what I've learned and be conversational in the language soon.

By Puji P R

Nov 7, 2020

This course has helped me to understand the basic of Korean Language. Since this is for the first learner, I think the curriculum team has been successful made the course to be very organized and neat. I am enjoying how the instructor can explain the course very clear. I wish there will be more course like this for intermediate and advanced level.

By Ion D D L

Oct 3, 2020

Excelente curso para introducirse en el idioma coreano y practicar lectura y conversación. El formato de cada clase hace que el estudiante mantenga el interés constante en seguir avanzando y aprendiendo. Una vez lo terminas sientes que puedes mantener una conversación simple pero fluida hablando en coreano. ¡Muchas gracias a la Universidad Yonsei!

By Saeeda A

Sep 7, 2020

The course content was very structed and easy to follow, both visually with the format of the videos and readings and the content itself. It's always difficult to learn a language, and the layout of the course and the way the instructor spoke made everything easy to follow, and the more complicated aspects of the course were really well explained!

By Arifa T R

Aug 19, 2020

I am grateful to Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn Korean language.Learning Korean was so much fun that I've finished my course very fast.Now I can understand basic Korean words and phrase.Thank you Professor Seung Hae Kang for teaching us so nicely with patience.I want to say thanks to Yonsei University for providing your support.

By Gemma M

Dec 5, 2019

Great for total beginners or those who have little knowledge (or confidence) in korean. If you already have an understanding of basic korean, like myself, then you may find it slightly easier than others. Short lectures but very informative. Forums are very helpful! You learn very useful basic words/phrases. Makes the grammar easier to understand.

By Stella M

Jul 5, 2021

Me encantó llevar el curso, la profesora explica muy detalladamente cada módulo, las fichas son excelentes. Lo único que rogaria es que hubiera subtítulos en espanol, para los que manejan el inglés les sera más facil. Pero para los que sabemos little bit del idioma, pues repasaremos y reforzaremos cosas también del inglés. Por lo demás satisfecha

By Siti R S B

Apr 13, 2021

thank you for the learner I like it and really enjoy it during the learning process, I am more motivated to improve my learning methods so that I can study directly at Yonsei University, hopefully one day I can study on that campus. thank you for the knowledge and material that is very easy to understand. thanks for all greetings from Indonesia.