Back to First Step Korean

May 1, 2017

326 - 350 of 7,827 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Rizqi

May 16, 2020

The course is really amazing for now! Professor Seung Hae Kang explains everything in a great order. She guides me through every lesson with detailed explanation and dedication, it helps me a lot on learning Korean. This is a very good recomendation to learn Korean for beginners. Thank you for Proffesor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Maryrose G

Dec 25, 2016

This course is great! I am fond of watching Korean dramas and and this made me appreciate the language more. My only knowledge before taking this course are a few words that were frequently spoken in dramas but after finishing this, I can now read Hangeul. This is a very good beginner's course for those who want to explore other languages.

By Tan W T

May 5, 2020

The syllabus is very well planned, with adequate examples to illustrate and extensive vocabulary for practice. The graded quizzes are also of suitable difficulty levels. I am very happy to be able to learn the basics of the Korean Language from this course and would definitely recommend it to people who have no knowledge of the language.

By Ka T

Nov 19, 2019

Mrs Kang explanation is so clear. i can understand all the things she say in the video. So that i can learn reading, writing, listening and speaking korean language easily. so much helpful to improve my language ability and i am able to speak hanguk and write hangeul. thank you very much mrs.Kang and also coursera to provide this course!

By Karen C

Aug 16, 2020

Me encantó, lo recomiendo totalmente, soy una persona muy distraída y muy difícilmente algo llama mi atención y este curso lo logró al 100%. Las actividades muy bien, todo lo que te preguntan en cada una es lo que te enseñan en cada vídeo, hasta me atrevería a hacer todo el curso desde cero de nuevo solo para repasar, lo disfruté mucho.

By Sukitta K

This course is very useful for people who want to learn Korean language from the basic one. Professor is nice. In each lesson professor will explain everything clearly that make student can easily understanding. For quiz it quite simple as well, so if student pay attention with the lesson, student will be able to pass the quiz easily.

By David K

Jan 9, 2017

excellent course, well explained in a fun and precise way,

nice to use foreigners for the videos, but only white people, why not have some dark people too?

the mandarin translation is good,

But it would help Chinese speakers to have the Chinese original translation of the vocabulary

ex: 清掃 =청소

will there be a second level course?

고맙습니다

By Hanna M S M

Jun 28, 2020

I had learned so much. The teacher's lectures were a big help for me to learn Korean. It was really a step by step. The lectures were slowly but surely. You will know where it started. I do reccommend this class for my fellow non-korean beginners to enter this class to learn where korean languange and characters came from. Thank you!

By Jess P

Jun 4, 2020

Love this course!! So glad I found this resource and got to learn it for free on Coursera. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to learn basic Korean. This course teaches you the basics, and make sure you knows the basic rules of Hangeul. Quizes are easy if you learn and take note diligently. An excellent basic-level course.

By Laura Y Z G

May 5, 2020

Thank you to Yonsei university for offering this course on coursera and to the teachers who created, i thought it was going to be more difficult to understand it 'cause is a completely different language than mine but is really good structured that made my learning easier, I enjoyed a lot and was pleased to take it, I'd recommend it.

By Charmaine W

Nov 23, 2018

Very good course. I've been trying to learn Korean, on and off, for a few years now and this course has been the only method that I can say has worked for me. So many important rules and basics are presented in this course, that other programmes I did lacked. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn Korean from scratch! 5 stars!

By Naomi A F C

Mar 18, 2018

I learned too much in this course and solved some doubts, I'm excited so I'll take more Korean courses on this platform, the only thing I would like to suggest, is that the lessons have subtitles in Spanish since not all of them contained it, I'm Mexican and I speak Spanish so it got a bit complicated. That's all, thank you very much

By Sharifah S R B T S H

Aug 2, 2020

This course gives me the opportunity to learn the basics in korean language and so easy to understand. I now have better understanding of the korean sentence structure. I learn a lot of vocabularies and how to use them in sentences. All I need is to practice them to make a conversation. This course is very recommended for beginners.

By Sudipta D

Jul 29, 2020

This was an excellent course. I have done the Korean basic course in person as well and was doing this one line course as a refresher. I must say that the online course was as good, if not better that the course in the classroom. The teacher was superb. Am now looking forward to seeing a Course for the next level of Korean learning.

By Nichapatra S

Jul 15, 2020

I've never known anything about Korean (language), but this course helps me a lot! The instructor teaches slowly and understandably — proper for those who have no background knowledge at all. Quizzes and readings also help me when reviewing for the lessons. The schedule and tasks keep me on track for effective learning outcomes. :)

By Gonzalo P

Oct 25, 2020

Es excelente para aprender el idioma. Mejoraría los subtítulos en castellano, puesto que en algunos lugares solo hay traducción en inglés. Dado que entiendo el idioma de la traducción no se me hizo difícil, pero en un caso diferente lo hubiera sido. Saliendo de eso, un curso muy práctico para iniciarse en el idioma, lo recomiendo!

By Napatsawan L

Apr 19, 2020

It's easy to learns for beginner. Everything is clear, I have no question for any lesson. I only have to practice more for more fluency at speaking. The most important part is it's really help me to correct my gramma because Korean Gramma is really tough for me. Teacher voice and accent is also clear and easy to understand. 고맙습니다!

By Tuscany B

May 8, 2016

I feel that Teacher Kang is really good with visual aids. I love how varied the tests are! I can feel the different parts of my mind lighting up with information because of the wide variety of questions. She seems kind and very passionate about her work. Because of this course, I started looking into Yonsei University. 감사합니다, 성생님!

By Sadia T P

Nov 15, 2020

Korean language is a very tough language. As a beginner it is very hard to memorize the alphabets. This course is very organized. Instructor teaches very fine. I love the way she teaches actually. But Coursera should add subtitle for Korean sound too. Maybe this is kind of difficult to add but it will be very helpful for others.

By Hằng L

Aug 25, 2020

Although I have tried different means to study Korean, I found this course is the most suitable for me since the teacher was so devoted, her pronunciation and expression was amazing and the content was easy to follow, covered all of the basic knowledge for beginners like me. Thanks a lot for providing such a useful course. 고마워요!

By Flavia K C B

Aug 25, 2020

El curso es muy bueno, eficaz y entendible a pesar de que el inglés no es mi idioma primario, por ello sugeriría revisar los últimos módulos pues no todo el vídeo contiene los subtitulos en español. Después no existe ningún inconveniente, los módulos de practica y evaluaciones son muy complementarias para llevar a cabo el curso.

By Katherine Z

Jan 4, 2021

I had to delay my last two weeks since I had finals for college. In the first week of doing this course I was able to read and understand a sentence in hangul. I was so shocked and excited. I tried learning the language on my own but it was difficult. Having a professor was great because I could hear how to pronounce the words.

By Migue P

Dec 4, 2019

At firts I would to joy first step korean, It has improving my basic korean language level. I've learnt greeting in korean, as well a lot vocabulary and grammer. For sure it will be a long road to take an advance on it cause korean is a rough language yet Im inspiring with their cultura and focused to live there in the future.

By Magaly A

Aug 31, 2020

Aprendizaje de conceptos básicos. Aprendizaje de vocabulario, verbos y partículas para construir frases que describan la vida cotidiana. Tips de pronunciación. Contenido en inglés pero con subtítulos en diferentes idiomas. Recurso básico para introducirte en el idioma coreano, comprender conversaciones y participar en ellas.