Back to First Step Korean

Jan 6, 2018

476 - 500 of 7,921 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Marselina U W

Jul 2, 2020

The course is very useful and the teacher helps us easily understand the materials. Before this course, I tried several learning materials, but this one is really cover the whole basic understanding quickly. I highly recommended this course for anyone who wants to understand Korean language.

By Melissa Y L

It’s easy to follow. Information is in bite sized and doesn’t overwhelm you. The patterns and irregularities in verbs are explained so clearly so that everything makes sense. I really like how the sentences and words are pronounced so clearly so you get a very good sense of how it is spoken.

By kiran s

May 22, 2020

I can read korean and write it.. I will work hard on my vocabulary to talk with native speaker and speak fluently..the teacher is so good nd the way she teaxh is superb..thanks coursera for making it possible to learn korean during this quarantine time..also big thanks to Yongsei university.

By Yulitza B

Apr 9, 2020

I already knew some about the korean language, but now I can say that I can understand a bit of korean culture and why they are so proud about their language. Although it's hard to get the hang of it, it's really easy once you learn the alphabet and learn the numbers -both systems- by heart.

By Nicole B

Nov 6, 2019

I finally found a practical Korean course divided into 5 weeks of learning, it’s provided by Yonsei university one of the best Korean universities, and I learned more in these days compared to years trying to sort out things by myself on the book! It’s really simple and good I recommend it.

By Marilyn E M O

Sep 18, 2020

I am really thankful to Yonsei University for the chance to learn Korean all the way from Mexico, but even more thankful to our teacher Kang Seunhae for being so clear and detailed at explaining every little aspect of the learning units. I definitely improved my pronunciation thanks to her.

By Maria C L

Sep 4, 2020

i really liked this course since it was quite short and well explained. spanish is my first language so the spanish subtitles were very helpful along with the englih spoken explanation, i was able to make my english better and learn korean. this was really helpful! thank you for this. :) x!

By Priscilla T D T

Aug 28, 2020

It was a highly informative course. At the end of the course, understanding and speaking Korean may still be a challenge. But you will somehow be able to begin to use context clues in listening to sentences or people speaking in Korean. The vocabulary given every week has been very helpful.

By gabriela r b

Aug 6, 2020

The teacher should speak a little bit slowly, I don’t mind the english but it’s a different language. Specially, when she is teaching you, vocabulary, the sound of each word in Hangeul so I lost a lot of time trying to get the sound of the word , how it’s written and how I have to write it.

By Laura A

Aug 4, 2020

Me encantó el curso. Es bastante práctico y dan bastante información interesante. Obviamente la práctica personal hará que interiorice mejor todo el contenido aprendido. Pero sin darme cuenta y solo tomando notas de cada lección ya aprendí a leer casi fluido. Ahora solo queda practicar más!

By Kyle S

Sep 14, 2017

Very rigorous, moves quickly through Hangul and a large amount of grammar and vocabulary. Pacing is very fast -- expect to review a lot, even if you're good at languages. If you want a slower pace and more listening practice, start Yonsei's other Korean course after week 1 of this course.

By Elizabeth P

Apr 30, 2020

Excelente curso, la dinámica de aprendizaje es muy buena al igual de todo el proceso de enseñanza por parte de la profesora. Particularmente los examenes están muy bien impartidos, el mezclar audio, lectura hacen que realmente estudies y tengas que entender el idioma al cien. Muy contenta.

By Titas B

Apr 26, 2020

The course was well-structured and held my interest throughout. The practice materials were very helpful too. I wish the tests were more intensive but still it was pretty good for an online language course. Value for money. I highly recommend this to everyone interested in learning Korean.

By Lindsey S

Jun 26, 2018

I loved this course! This course helped me to stay on the pace to complete the course. In additional, the professor was wonderful! She was clear in the videos and the worksheets helped me to retain the information better. I recommend this course to people who want to learn Korean language!

By Tracy T

Apr 28, 2016

An excellent introduction to the Korean Language! Taught by a native speaker, with added insight into pronunciation and the history of the language. I have been studying Hangugeo for two years, and learned more in this course than I did from all the books, apps, and other lessons combined!

By cesia a c c

Sep 23, 2018

It's been a pleasure to received this course because I can ready hanguel now and with practice in the future can speak it. Thanks for this course and the support that Yonsei University gave to does that likes the idiom and wants to give it all. My greetings from Honduras to South Korea.✌❤

By Laura M

Sep 17, 2018

Great course, but I think it progresses a bit fast if you really don't know anything about the hangul writing system. I already knew hangul and could read a few words and expressions before starting. The PDF notes are incredibly clear and helpful. You really get to speak a bit at the end!

By heladia o

Feb 17, 2018

Gracias por todo lo que proporcionan gratuitamente para aprender su idioma estoy muy agradecida por todo lo que recibi de la universidad y de este curso muchas gracias . Desde mi corazon muchas gracias portodo y a la maestra por sus explicaciones tan amable y respetuosa siempre . GRACIAS

By Geraldine R

Aug 11, 2020

I liked it, it is a tool that helped many people to enter this world of this beautiful language. I am IN LOVE with Korean culture, with their language, with everything, I really liked it a lot, I hope you continue to do the continuation of the courses. 진짜 너무 너무 너무 좋아요, 그리고 선생님 너무 감사드리고요!

By 8378 V C

Jul 31, 2020

I'm so glad I did this course! Professor Kang teaches so well, I absolutely loved it. I had tried to learn the alphabet before from youtube but I didn't understand it and this course has laid the basic foundation for me, I'm going to continue to learn korean after this until I master it!

By Бисембаева Д Т

Apr 24, 2020

I already started to learn Korean myself, but I wanted to take a course and evaluate my knowledge. The course is very understandable, not too complicated and everything is painted quite understandably. Unhurried training and an excellent teacher. Thank you very much for this opportunity!

By Meyra

Oct 28, 2019

For absolute beginners or those who know the alphabet (first unit has hangeul but also great pronunciation and vocabulary to pick up on) is great. You will find here the basics for grammar in terms of sentence structure and use of some postpositions and such. Don't ignore this, its nice.

By James K

Jul 26, 2019

This course was very meaningful to me, because I have been trying to learn Korean for a while, but couldn't find a good start. This class is perfect for what is offered and the professor is absolutely marvelous. I enjoyed this class and will recommend it to anyone wanted to learn Korean.

By Karen B

Sep 20, 2020

Seung Hae Kang is an amazing instructor! She spoke clearly and I understood so much by reviewing the lessons over and over. I have tried other language apps but they cannot compare to learning the basics via this course!! I am looking forward to doing the next course already! Thank you!

By Emil M H

May 3, 2020

Me encanto! su contenido y método es excelente.

Sin duda valió la pena, te facilita las herramientas correctas para poder aprender el idioma, solo hay que tomar en cuenta que es importante la practica constante.

Motiva a seguir aprendiendo y poner en practica los conocimientos adquiridos.