Back to First Step Korean

AT
Jun 7, 2017

AP
Aug 27, 2021

I have learned so much and I really enjoyed learning this beautiful language. I know that I will learn to speak and read with lots of practice and perseverance. Thank you so much for this opportunity!

551 - 575 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Marimar S

Sep 18, 2021

Excellent course. It has the organization required to learn the base of the language. The examples are easy to understand and the lecture notes are useful to practice. You find out that it's less complicated than you think. Literally First Step, and a good step to begin learning this language

By Athirah N b A

Jun 28, 2021

p​ersonally, i really love this course. This perfectly suit for the beginner. it helps a lot for people who really has a basic hangul words. For me, before you enrolled this course, you need to learn to read the alphabets first then it will be easy for you to ace this course. Anyways, thanks!

By Merlina J

Oct 12, 2020

I learned a lot about the language. The teaching method is very effective. It's simple and easy. I am able to learn the Korean Language just as I learned my native language,it's that effective.

If you have the potential, then Coursera helps you to make it possible completely...in my opinion!!

By Samantha A R

Aug 14, 2020

It's really good, you can really come from knowing nothing to get some good advices and very useful knowledge. Just that it matters a lot how commited you are to learn by yourself with all the tools that you're handed. I liked it a lot, and it was something interesting to do during vacations.

By Aurora G

Jul 30, 2020

Although I already have some knowledge about the Korean Language, this course was still very helpful since it breaks down the challenging parts such as the pronunciation of words that differ from how they are spelled. The information about the culture was also interesting to learn. Thank you!

By Савчукова А Е

Aug 1, 2017

Quite a good system of learning the basics of the language within a short period of time though after this course I still don`t get the sentence structure and the main grammar rules. However, this course helped me to understand Hangul which is very important for my feature studies. Thank you!

By Suganya

Aug 8, 2021

I am excited and feel happy to get this course and got received my certificate. I thank Coursera and team and most importantly my first ever Korean teacher Seung Hae Kang-ssi , your way of teaching is amazing. I learnt a lot . I will continue my learning and will achieve my goal.Thank you!!!

By Irene E C A

Dec 15, 2020

Es un curso muy bueno , en escritura, lenguaje, gramática, entre otros aspectos;. Abarca diferentes puntos de la vida cotidiana en la comunicación, lo cual es excelente.

Los videos, practicas y el graded quiz son educativos y la vez se pone en practica lo aprendido, lo cual lo hace excelente.

By Marselina U W

Jul 2, 2020

The course is very useful and the teacher helps us easily understand the materials. Before this course, I tried several learning materials, but this one is really cover the whole basic understanding quickly. I highly recommended this course for anyone who wants to understand Korean language.

By Melissa Y L

It’s easy to follow. Information is in bite sized and doesn’t overwhelm you. The patterns and irregularities in verbs are explained so clearly so that everything makes sense. I really like how the sentences and words are pronounced so clearly so you get a very good sense of how it is spoken.

By kiran s

May 22, 2020

I can read korean and write it.. I will work hard on my vocabulary to talk with native speaker and speak fluently..the teacher is so good nd the way she teaxh is superb..thanks coursera for making it possible to learn korean during this quarantine time..also big thanks to Yongsei university.

By Yulitza B

Apr 9, 2020

I already knew some about the korean language, but now I can say that I can understand a bit of korean culture and why they are so proud about their language. Although it's hard to get the hang of it, it's really easy once you learn the alphabet and learn the numbers -both systems- by heart.

By Nicole B

Nov 6, 2019

I finally found a practical Korean course divided into 5 weeks of learning, it’s provided by Yonsei university one of the best Korean universities, and I learned more in these days compared to years trying to sort out things by myself on the book! It’s really simple and good I recommend it.

By Binal S

Aug 22, 2021

A really good starting point for anyone interested in learning Korean(Speaking and writing). The lessons are comprehensive and concise, so it's very easy to understand. And the review pdfs make revising lesson very easy. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning Korean.

By Marilyn E M O

Sep 18, 2020

I am really thankful to Yonsei University for the chance to learn Korean all the way from Mexico, but even more thankful to our teacher Kang Seunhae for being so clear and detailed at explaining every little aspect of the learning units. I definitely improved my pronunciation thanks to her.

By Priscilla T D T

Aug 28, 2020

It was a highly informative course. At the end of the course, understanding and speaking Korean may still be a challenge. But you will somehow be able to begin to use context clues in listening to sentences or people speaking in Korean. The vocabulary given every week has been very helpful.

By gabriela r b

Aug 6, 2020

The teacher should speak a little bit slowly, I don’t mind the english but it’s a different language. Specially, when she is teaching you, vocabulary, the sound of each word in Hangeul so I lost a lot of time trying to get the sound of the word , how it’s written and how I have to write it.

By Laura A

Aug 4, 2020

Me encantó el curso. Es bastante práctico y dan bastante información interesante. Obviamente la práctica personal hará que interiorice mejor todo el contenido aprendido. Pero sin darme cuenta y solo tomando notas de cada lección ya aprendí a leer casi fluido. Ahora solo queda practicar más!

By Kyle S

Sep 14, 2017

Very rigorous, moves quickly through Hangul and a large amount of grammar and vocabulary. Pacing is very fast -- expect to review a lot, even if you're good at languages. If you want a slower pace and more listening practice, start Yonsei's other Korean course after week 1 of this course.

By Heidi J

Aug 23, 2021

W​anting to learn Korea for a long time but never been able to take some couse, thankfully now I can take couse online here, the subject was beginner friendly, learn some grammar and some vocab. Hopefully can learn more about Korea later on and can watch Korean variety show without subs :D

By Elizabeth P

Apr 30, 2020

Excelente curso, la dinámica de aprendizaje es muy buena al igual de todo el proceso de enseñanza por parte de la profesora. Particularmente los examenes están muy bien impartidos, el mezclar audio, lectura hacen que realmente estudies y tengas que entender el idioma al cien. Muy contenta.

By Titas B

Apr 26, 2020

The course was well-structured and held my interest throughout. The practice materials were very helpful too. I wish the tests were more intensive but still it was pretty good for an online language course. Value for money. I highly recommend this to everyone interested in learning Korean.

By Lindsey S

Jun 26, 2018

I loved this course! This course helped me to stay on the pace to complete the course. In additional, the professor was wonderful! She was clear in the videos and the worksheets helped me to retain the information better. I recommend this course to people who want to learn Korean language!

By Tracy T

Apr 28, 2016

An excellent introduction to the Korean Language! Taught by a native speaker, with added insight into pronunciation and the history of the language. I have been studying Hangugeo for two years, and learned more in this course than I did from all the books, apps, and other lessons combined!

By Regita P

Aug 5, 2021

During this course, I felt that my Korean language skills were getting honed. Starting from the basics, namely the introduction of the Korean alphabet to sentences in everyday life. It's a lot of fun while studying in this course. Easy to understand. Thank you so much Yonsei and Coursera.