Back to First Step Korean

Jan 6, 2018

576 - 600 of 9,241 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Rose L A

Nov 24, 2019

I really liked the course. At times it was hard because Iʻm a visual learner and when I read the script, instead of showing the characters sheʻs saying, Itʻll say [foreign] In the script. I enjoyed learning and will continue on to the next Korean language course they have to offer.

By Arianna A

Mar 15, 2021

Maravillosa herramienta de aprendizaje, años tratando de aprender pero nunca había encontrado la manera adecuada, este curso te da cada una de las herramientas necesarias para desarrollar tu conocimiento, la estructura del curso hace que el aprendizaje fluya más rápido. MUY FELIZ.

By Leo

Nov 22, 2020

Very good course. Gives you templates to practice, is quite easy to understand, and very manageable because its in small segments, each with 1 video and 1 quiz. Overall, this quiz is also very useful because it teaches vocabulary and sentence structures that you are going to need.

By Мария Ч

Aug 6, 2020

The course was so helpful in starting to learn Korean from zero! The Professor explains everything clearly and with examples, which helps to understand the material much faster. Thank you for this opportunity to learn the language! I will surely continue on with their next course.

By Christianne A T V

Nov 23, 2017

Very interesting and efficient way to learn Korean. I had taken a beginners' course on learning Korean before in a classroom setting in a university so I can honestly say that learning online is at par with traditional classroom learning especially with learning foreign languages!

By Daniela A C

Jul 5, 2021

Es la primera vez que tomo un curso en Coursera y la verdad me pareció que se tiene un muy buen contenido de información. Me pareció que el curso a pesar de ser algo introductorio estaba bastante completo.

Fue una buena experiencia por lo que espero poder tomar otro curso pronto.

By Valery N R S

May 30, 2021

Este curso me ayudo a introducirme mucho en el idioma coreano, creo que pude avanzar a un nivel al cual me pueda comunicar con coreanos, pienso dar el examen TOPIK y estoy tomando mas cursos pero este es un excelente curso para comenzar te dicta temas simples pero muy importante.

By sukruth m

First Step Korean was Really Helpful and Course was taught in a way exactly how foundation level would taught. I recommend to guys who would like to learn Korean language should pursue first this and later proceed further level. Thank you professor Seung and Yonsei University.

By Ming E L

Oct 28, 2019

I really enjoyed the course as an introduction to Korean language. The course gives a brief look into the basics of the grammar and vocabulary of the language. Also, refer to the course handouts to get a better grasp of what was taught in the lecture videos, I found it useful! (:

By Bikal S

Apr 10, 2017

The course elucidates the basics of Korean alphabets followed by lucid illustrations and discussions of introductory and day-to-day conversations. The course is deemed to be very helpful to all those trying to take the "first step" in learning the Korean language as it helped me.

By Sadhana S

Jun 7, 2021

​Very good basic course, it helped me to get started with Hangul but still lot to practice and learning needed. I am planning to take one step towards moderate course of Hangul which will help me more in my Hangul journery. I highly recommend this for basic knowledged of Hangul.

By Estefania G S B

Mar 3, 2021

안녕하세요 😉

Fue un buen curso de coreano básico, a pesar de hablar inglés se entiende perfectamente lo que los está mostrando, me gustaría que los subtítulos en español estuvieran disponibles para todos los videos y que tuviera más ejemplos, fuera de eso, fue un gran curso ❤️

감삽니다 ☺️

By Eli V

Feb 17, 2021

Estoy muy agradecida por esta oportunidad de aprender coreano desde lo más básico siendo guiada por una profesora que explica muy bien, lo recomiendo al 100% todo se refleja en las ganas que le pongas, poco a poco mejora tu escritura, habla y escucha. Gracias Universidad Yonsei!

By Dain K G

Jun 24, 2020

Its excellent, howver, the subtitles need a bit of revising. There has been many times where korean symbols or pronunciations has been mixed up with english which can be quite... confusing. Other than that, the English pronunciation is quite great! Thank you for your efforts. :)

By Alberto B

Jun 21, 2020

The teacher is quite good and her methodology is quite funcional, although I think it could be quite useful to enable recordable voice notes to evaluate pronunciation and maybe organize certain videocalls with other classmates in order for a better comprehension of the language.

By Lucero V

Mar 1, 2021

Very good. But I would prefer more coaches to make the session more dynamic and not so repetitive. From there everything was perfect. I was able to improve my previous knowledge and still be surprised with grammar and vocabulary that I had not studied before. Very very good <3

By Tea S

Dec 13, 2020

First of all thank you for making this course.

Second, I really love the structure and the simplicity yet broadness the curriculum has. The teacher is lovely and the was she explains it is straightforward and easy to grasp.

I will continue learning Korean thanks to this course.

By kanishka s

Thank you so much, mam, for providing us this opportunity to learn from you. You are an amazing mentor. I really got to learn a lot and could complete the course effectively. I really appreciate the way the course material was provided and that made it super easy to go through.

By Carla M

Oct 28, 2017

After starting this course, I didn't know anything about Korean, I literally started form 0, but now I think I'm able to start a conversation with a native Korean, all the videos were very good because they were easy to understand, and every lesson were clear, I'm very thankful

By Matthew J

May 31, 2016

I love this course! This course does not require any prior knowledge in the Korean language and with this course I came from absolute beginner with no textbooks and went to knowledge of basic Korean conversation and knowledge of the rich and pure history of the Korean language.

By Andrea P A L

Sep 26, 2020

It was a very complete course, I could really learn about the Korean language and Korean culture. I'm very surprised by myself, too, it's really a challenge to choose Korean as a third language. Thank you very much for letting me be part of this course, I really appreciate it.

By Zack F

Aug 16, 2020

Great starter for those that are venturing into the Korean language. They start with the basics that will assist you in any future learning outside of the class. I had prior experience with Korean on a beginner level, this class really helped to understand the language better.

By Hoang N M

Jun 5, 2020

I love the materials/lessons of this course. It is easy to learn and commonly used on a daily basis. The professor is so professional and helpful. Her instructions are clear and easy to understand. This is overall one of the best Korean For Beginners courses I've taken so far.

By Rutuja p

Jul 4, 2021

It was very helpful and pretty easy to understand..of course it will take practice to make the roots strong...Miss Seung Hae Kang did an excellent job and I thank her for making my learning experience more smooth. Thank you Yonsei university for this amazing beginners course.

By Miranda S L

Mar 14, 2021

Me gustó bastante, fue muy sencillo de entender gracias a la explicación de la profesora exponente y agradecí mucho que tuvieran límites de entrega donde uno se puede adaptar, lo recomiendo mucho para iniciar y aprender lo básico del lenguaje para al menos lograr comunicarte.