Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

AN

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

601 - 625 of 9,918 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Flor J D S

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you so much ! I've no prior online learning experience, Coursera is my first; and this is the very first online course that I've completed. I am ecstatic. I had fun learning your beautiful language. I am hopeful that all that I've learned from here would help me in the future.

By Benain d J C E

Aug 3, 2020

Las lecciones siempre fueron las más practicas para el uso cotidiano del idioma coreano. Me gusto mucho el espacio dedicado para la pronunciación correcta de cada palabra. La dramatización de cada diálogo fue muy bueno porque así se contextualizaba las conversaciones. Me encantó. =)

By Aneesh M

A very profound course.Easy for a beginner with absolutely no prior knowledge in any foreign language to learn,grasp and understand.Meticulously crafted curriculum and a lucid way communication and picturization of words helps one to retain what he/she just learned.Loved the course!

By Minahil N

Jul 14, 2019

Personally, I found this course extremely helpful and affable. Easy to learn and easy to understand. As a conscientious person, I have always wanted to learn Korean well. I have tried many courses and websites to learn but this one was definitely the most comprehensive one. 5-stars.

By Ronja J

Jun 18, 2016

I've attempted Korean through a self-study textbook before, but this course is a lot more accessible. Dialogues, vocabulary, pronounciation, the alphabet - all is presented very clearly. Obviously, it really only is an introduction to the language, but as that it is very successful.

By Hisrai C D S M

Mar 23, 2021

Amei o curso. Estou fazendo um outro curso online, porem achei que as aulas deste curso são mais focadas no que realmente precisamos para a sobrevivência em um País com um idioma tão diferente. Adoro esse idioma ! Obrigada professora por uma didática tão boa!!Obrigada Coursera.org

By Aprilyn W

Apr 16, 2020

This is a great introduction course! I already knew some Korean, but not enough to make conversation. I feel that my conversation and recognition skills improved, as well as my speaking skills. It will be great review for some as well as others who want to know more Korean grammar!

By Atheek A

Apr 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it provided me with an appropriate foundation. I hope to start the Learn to Speak Korean 1 course soon to supplement my studies.

Just one question -are there any further structured resources that could guide me to fluency?

Thank you very much!

고맙습니다!

By Rose L A

Nov 24, 2019

I really liked the course. At times it was hard because Iʻm a visual learner and when I read the script, instead of showing the characters sheʻs saying, Itʻll say [foreign] In the script. I enjoyed learning and will continue on to the next Korean language course they have to offer.

By Arianna A

Mar 15, 2021

Maravillosa herramienta de aprendizaje, años tratando de aprender pero nunca había encontrado la manera adecuada, este curso te da cada una de las herramientas necesarias para desarrollar tu conocimiento, la estructura del curso hace que el aprendizaje fluya más rápido. MUY FELIZ.

By Leo

Nov 22, 2020

Very good course. Gives you templates to practice, is quite easy to understand, and very manageable because its in small segments, each with 1 video and 1 quiz. Overall, this quiz is also very useful because it teaches vocabulary and sentence structures that you are going to need.

By Мария Ч

Aug 6, 2020

The course was so helpful in starting to learn Korean from zero! The Professor explains everything clearly and with examples, which helps to understand the material much faster. Thank you for this opportunity to learn the language! I will surely continue on with their next course.

By Christianne A T V

Nov 23, 2017

Very interesting and efficient way to learn Korean. I had taken a beginners' course on learning Korean before in a classroom setting in a university so I can honestly say that learning online is at par with traditional classroom learning especially with learning foreign languages!

By Daniela A C

Jul 5, 2021

Es la primera vez que tomo un curso en Coursera y la verdad me pareció que se tiene un muy buen contenido de información. Me pareció que el curso a pesar de ser algo introductorio estaba bastante completo.

Fue una buena experiencia por lo que espero poder tomar otro curso pronto.

By Valery N R S

May 30, 2021

Este curso me ayudo a introducirme mucho en el idioma coreano, creo que pude avanzar a un nivel al cual me pueda comunicar con coreanos, pienso dar el examen TOPIK y estoy tomando mas cursos pero este es un excelente curso para comenzar te dicta temas simples pero muy importante.

By sukruth m

First Step Korean was Really Helpful and Course was taught in a way exactly how foundation level would taught. I recommend to guys who would like to learn Korean language should pursue first this and later proceed further level. Thank you professor Seung and Yonsei University.

By Ming E L

Oct 28, 2019

I really enjoyed the course as an introduction to Korean language. The course gives a brief look into the basics of the grammar and vocabulary of the language. Also, refer to the course handouts to get a better grasp of what was taught in the lecture videos, I found it useful! (:

By Bikal s

Apr 10, 2017

The course elucidates the basics of Korean alphabets followed by lucid illustrations and discussions of introductory and day-to-day conversations. The course is deemed to be very helpful to all those trying to take the "first step" in learning the Korean language as it helped me.

By Sadhana S

Jun 7, 2021

​Very good basic course, it helped me to get started with Hangul but still lot to practice and learning needed. I am planning to take one step towards moderate course of Hangul which will help me more in my Hangul journery. I highly recommend this for basic knowledged of Hangul.

By Estefania G S B

Mar 3, 2021

안녕하세요 😉

Fue un buen curso de coreano básico, a pesar de hablar inglés se entiende perfectamente lo que los está mostrando, me gustaría que los subtítulos en español estuvieran disponibles para todos los videos y que tuviera más ejemplos, fuera de eso, fue un gran curso ❤️

감삽니다 ☺️

By Eli V

Feb 17, 2021

Estoy muy agradecida por esta oportunidad de aprender coreano desde lo más básico siendo guiada por una profesora que explica muy bien, lo recomiendo al 100% todo se refleja en las ganas que le pongas, poco a poco mejora tu escritura, habla y escucha. Gracias Universidad Yonsei!

By Dain K G

Jun 24, 2020

Its excellent, howver, the subtitles need a bit of revising. There has been many times where korean symbols or pronunciations has been mixed up with english which can be quite... confusing. Other than that, the English pronunciation is quite great! Thank you for your efforts. :)

By Alberto B

Jun 21, 2020

The teacher is quite good and her methodology is quite funcional, although I think it could be quite useful to enable recordable voice notes to evaluate pronunciation and maybe organize certain videocalls with other classmates in order for a better comprehension of the language.

By Lucero V

Mar 1, 2021

Very good. But I would prefer more coaches to make the session more dynamic and not so repetitive. From there everything was perfect. I was able to improve my previous knowledge and still be surprised with grammar and vocabulary that I had not studied before. Very very good <3

By Tea S

Dec 13, 2020

First of all thank you for making this course.

Second, I really love the structure and the simplicity yet broadness the curriculum has. The teacher is lovely and the was she explains it is straightforward and easy to grasp.

I will continue learning Korean thanks to this course.