Back to First Step Korean

AT
Jun 7, 2017

RN
Oct 6, 2021

This course is really a great start to learn Korean language. It taught me Hangul, particles used, vocabularies and how sentences are made. Thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

676 - 700 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Ana A

Nov 20, 2016

Love this course!

I began this course at level zero and now I’ve be able to read and speak the language at a beginner’s level. I love to see Korean dramas and now I’m able to understand a lot of what they say. I hope the university develops a second part for this course.

By Jorge A E C

May 18, 2021

Excelente curso, se aprende la gramática, y expresión oral, también a presentarse y presentar a la familia usando el lenguaje coreano, se aprende lo suficiente en el curso como para seguir aprendiendo a expresarse de manera personal o por cuenta propia! Excelente curso!

By Ethazl S J

May 16, 2021

As a beginner of Korean language I personally feel choosing Yonsei university was my best decision because I found the resources hugely helpful and the classes were varied and interesting. It was incredibly informative. I am looking forward to do more courses. Thankyou.

By Eliana V G R

Apr 5, 2021

It was a pleasure to take this wonderful course, I´ve learned a lot and I´m so glad to my teacher Seung Hae Kang for being such as gorgeous teacher. Now, I feel more confident when I talk in korean. I´m not going to stop here, I need to learn more about korean language.

By Maigo S

Mar 22, 2021

Es una excelente profesora, un curso muy facil de seguir y aprender.

Aprendí bastante y solucionaron muchas dudas de como formar una oración y que partículas usar.

Muchas gracias a Yonsei University y su dedicación a la enseñanza para quien desee aprender un nuevo idioma.

By Stacy D

May 23, 2020

I loved this class so much! I have been trying to learn Korean for a while now and finally bumping into this class nudged me to finally learn it. It might be a bit tedious and require lots of effort, but what language doesn't?.. I Highly recommend this class, Good-luck!

By Octaviana H

Thank you for the free course for a limited time due to the pandemic! I learned the essentials and all the materials were explained clearly! It might be hard if someone learns this without learning hangeul first on the first week, but trust me in the end it is worth it!

By Josselyn M

Mar 29, 2020

Great course to start learning the Korean language. You will learn the alphabet which will allow you to read and write in Korean. You will also learn basic vocabulary, expressions and grammar structures. The instructor and the materials are very helpful. Amazing course!

By Maria C L

May 31, 2021

i really liked this course since it was quite short and well explained. Spanish is my first language so the Spanish subtitles were very helpful along with the English spoken explanation, I was able to make my English better and learn some Korean. It was really helpful!

By susan s

Mar 20, 2021

This course was very informational. It had a great starting part about hangul and where it originated from and how to pronounce the different characters. I loved the lectures, lecture notes and quizzes as it really reinforced what I had learned throughout each section.

By Renata A M M

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent course. The only thing that confused me a little was the tenses. I learned a lot but the teacher never told us if we were learning present tense or which tense. But excellent course. Thank you very much! I can't wait to visit and study in Korea one day! 감사합니다

By Esther M

Aug 3, 2020

Muchas gracias por ayudarme el curso me ayudo mucho aunque me falta practicar ahora puedo entender mejor el idioma. Pasé de solo ver líneas y bolitas cada ves que veía un escrito en coreano a poder leerlo. MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS COURSERA Y MUCHISISMAS GRACIAS MAESTRA KANG.

By Mónica S M R

Jul 14, 2020

¡Excelente curso! Muy fácil de aprender y practicarlo. Muy buena profesora y excelentes explicaciones. Felicidades y muchas gracias.

Excellent course! Very easy to learn and practice. Very good teacher and excellent explanations. Congratulations and thank you very much.

By ITA Y P L

Jun 30, 2020

Un curso muy bien adaptado para aprender y entender, adquieres una correcta pronunciación. A pesar de que no domino el inglés, la Instructora se le entiende muy bien, por lo que sin duda alguna aprender a leer, pero sobre todo en poder entablar una conversación fluida.

By Catalina M C S

Jun 11, 2017

realmente fue un curso muy interesante, ameno, con buenos ejercicios, buena explicación de parte de la profesora... en fin, ahora puedo agregar mas palabras a mi vocabulario coreano, solo resta de mi parte practicar mas y mas la escritura y la pronunciación.

¡ 고맙습니다 !

By polaris p

Nov 18, 2016

Was the maximum because it was a challenge for me because I do not know much English and I almost could not understand it since it was Spanish but it was a challenge for me to read and listen to English besides doing evaluations in English so I am very happy about this

By Rachma Y P

Sep 26, 2021

The material is very detailed, solid, and clear. explanation of the material is very easy to understand. so for beginners it is very suitable. really recommend. I hope this course can add knowledge, and insight who want to continue learning foreign languages (Korean).

By Xuan N L

May 21, 2021

a helpful course for beginners (who are comfortable with the Korean alphabet)

i like the way the course puts emphasis on pronunciation as it helps me sound more native

the lesson notes are concise and easy to understand; the topics covered are useful

highly recommended!

By Maria J R

Sep 18, 2020

Exelente, me ha encantado, aprendí lo principal, quedo con ansias de aprender más, la verdad me gustó mucho como la profesora impartió las clases, me gusto que este curso te da la oportunidad de aprender, un excelente curso si te entusiasma aprender el idioma coreano.

By Zianya S

Mar 11, 2021

Es un curso muy útil que sin duda te guía e introduce en el coreano, lo mejor son los ejercicios y ejemplos que ayudan y facilitan la comprensión del idioma. El único inconveniente es que los subtítulos en español a veces desaparecen o simplemente se ponen en inglés.

By Eugenia M E G

Jan 11, 2021

Gracias al curso, pude comprender más de la estructura y la gramática del idioma.. me encantó, aprendi muchas palabras nuevas y ahora a seguir avanzando con diversos cursos para lograr una mejor fluidez a la hora de comunicarme❣🤗 Muchas gracias, excelente docente😘

By Sofia B

Oct 11, 2020

A decir verdad, los idiomas no son mi mayor fuerte, en cambio, intenté con ese curso para aumentar mis conocimientos y de paso, tener ampliación de posibilidades académicas y laborales. Estoy maravillada con la facilidad de aprendizaje y lo organizado de los módulos.

By Mariz A K P

Aug 17, 2020

I think this course is great especially that it's free. I must say that learning Korean is really challenging though, maybe because our language and accent is really different from Korean's, so I had a bit of difficulty learning it. Overall, I'm thankful. More power!

By Ines

+ Well done videos and notes altogether

- The quizes were quite easy. I have missed 'all-together' quiz with 아요, 와요, 해요 and others.

- It was not clear for me at first, that all these endings are for present tense. Or aren't they?! Still not sure.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)