Chevron Left
Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

4.9
stars
29,838 ratings
7,956 reviews

About the Course

This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The main topics include basic expressions used in everyday life, such as greetings, introducing yourself, talking about your family and a daily life and so on. Each lesson covers dialogues, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, quizzes and role-plays. After completing this course, you will be able to 1. read and write Korean alphabet. 2. communicate in Korean with basic expressions. 3. learn basic knowledge on Korean culture. It’s fun and easy to follow! Enjoy it!...

Top reviews

DD
May 1, 2017

This was course was very informative. I really enjoyed the content being that I wasn't on the paid version. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything but learn a lot from this course. 감사합니다!!!!

AT
Jun 7, 2017

Professor Kang is really nice and she guides me through every lesson with detailed explanation and dedication. I enjoy learning the course and I believe this is a very good choice for Korean beginners

Filter by:

1176 - 1200 of 7,899 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Maria S

Jan 23, 2021

Me pareció realmente bueno. Explican muy bien los significados y la pronunciación de las expresiones. Aunque hubieron algunos inconvenientes con los subtitulos, lo demás fue perfecto. 감사합니다!!

By Guadalupe C P

Dec 28, 2020

fue excepcional, estudiar el curso, aprendí muchísimo y mis dudas se aclararon más.

la maestra explica muy bien que es fácil de entender. muchas gracias por haberme dado esta gran oportunidad

By Lizette A M

Aug 19, 2020

Es muy grato saber que hay universidades fuera de tu país que te puedan enseñar gratis, pero es mucho mejor que puedas obtener un certificado tangible de todo ese aprendizaje. Gracias Yonsei.

By Areli C

Jun 1, 2020

I really like this course because I thought that I Will never understand the lenguaje but I learn to fast how to pronounce it.

And it was so easy to understand

greeting form Mexico Thank you!!

By Dawn L

May 28, 2020

This course makes for a very strong foundation for beginners; especially with pronunciation. I feel like I can build on the fundamentals to work my way up to more advanced speaking from here.

By Bhagya S

May 23, 2020

This course is amazing. Very interesting and informative. This is a very good start for students who would like to learn Korean. Thank you very much for providing this valuable course online.

By Lalita R

Apr 28, 2020

thank you for make this course, special thanks to teacher Kang Seunghae, Yonsei Uni. and Coursera for this. when i'm learning, i'm happy with it bcs i want to learn for a long time. thank you

By VEROGM

Feb 16, 2020

it is an excellent way to start in korean learning world, thank you so much!

Es un excelente curso para empezar a estudiar Coreano, se tiene que hacer mucho autoestudio. Gracias por el recurso

By Laura V

Nov 13, 2020

Excelente curso, aprendí muchas cosas nuevas sobre el idioma coreano además de que las explicaciones son muy fáciles de entender y ayudan a mejorar la pronunciación mediante los ejercicios.

By CHARISSA A

Sep 24, 2020

This course is very helpful and quite interesting. Learning is fun and it's really nice to know that one can manage pretty well to a certain extent in Korea just after finishing this course.

By Stephanie V

Jul 25, 2020

The course was easy to follow and it gave a lot of great examples. The instructor's lectures were simple and broke down what could've been complicated concepts into more accessible features.

By Ahsan A

Jul 8, 2020

I am so glad to complete the course. This course helps me to upgrade my Korean Language skills specially in pronunciation. Thanks to course teacher and her team for making the course useful.

By Marlene N G

Jul 6, 2020

I had little to none knowledge at all about korean language and now thanks to this course I'm able to continue learning it, since this has allowed me understand the basics of korean grammar.

By Gina M

Jun 17, 2020

This course was very easy to follow, but challenging enough to make you think. Professor Seung Hae Kang was very encouraging and thorough in her lessons. I really enjoyed taking this course.

By Esther Y S P

Jun 16, 2020

I love how the Professor takes her time to explain the details of Korean language and how to use it in everyday life. I'm new to this language and it really helps me understand the language.

By Phap H

Mar 31, 2018

Thank you for a wonderful course. I am amazed at how much information is packed into this five-week course! I hope that this wonderful instructor will offer additional courses in the future.

By Jennifer M A

Oct 29, 2017

Cada lección esta muy bien desarrollada. El hecho de repetir algunas palabras del vocabulario semanal hacia que fuera más fácil incorporarlas en nuestro aprendizaje. Gracias por el esfuerzo!

By Avishi P S

Jan 17, 2021

Thank you so much for giving this oppurtunity for me to learn Korean. Everything was simply explained well. Great job. Also huge thanks to cousera progrmme. Wish you everyone all the best

By Melissa R

Jan 3, 2021

Es super facil de entender y si continuas practicando en tu casa no dudes en que lo dominaras al 100 %. Gracias a Yonsei university por darme la oportunidad de entender parte de su cultura.

By Gemma T S

Nov 7, 2020

I love this course!!! The lovely teacher makes it very simple and understanding since the very first moment! Also I think that the subjects she teaches are the right one to start! Thanks!!!

By Rommy H

Nov 4, 2020

This course helped me a lot to progress my speaking, vocabulary and making sentences, but of course I need a lot of practice to remember. And i would like another course following this one

By Helena C N

Sep 21, 2020

Es una muy buena introducción, los subtitulos en español no son muy buenos pero yo puedo hablar ingles entonces no tuve ningún problema. Muy conveniente e introductorio! Quedé muy contenta.

By Suci Y A

Aug 2, 2020

I really like the course, it helps me to improve my korean language, especially the pronunciation. But for me it is a little bit too slow, but over all it is super amazing course. 감사합니다 교수님

By Yuliya P

Jun 14, 2020

This was my first course I've ever completed! I am very grateful to all who created this course and especially to the teacher, who made the process of learning very easy and comprehensible.

By Shubhangi S

Jun 14, 2020

I really enjoyed learning Korean Language. I'm thankful to the Yonsie University and Coursera for providing this opportunity. It not only is beneficial but an interesting language to learn.