Back to First Step Korean

CS

Jan 07, 2018

101 - 125 of 3,550 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Melissa A

I really had fun taking this course! It is easy to understand and to follow for beginners like me. Professor Kang's explanations are clear and concise but I agree with her that the best way to learn a new language is to keep on practising. I will keep on review the lectures on this course to make sure I don't forget what I have learned. Thank you, Coursera and Yonsei University for this learning opportunity! 고맙습니다!

By ESTEFANÍA D J A P

Oct 20, 2019

Muy buen curso. Me sirvió como repaso de todo lo básico que he aprendido en mi escuela de coreano, pero que aquí explican mejor o con más detalle ciertas cosas que no entendía bien el origen o el porqué (Basically I used the english version of this course, and it was so clear for me even if I'm spanish speaker) . El curso en conclusión es muy claro, muy ordenados los temas y muy útil para la vida diaria. 너무 감사합니다!

By Francesco T

Feb 22, 2020

In this course I learnt a lot of interesting things about a language so difficult as the Korean one. The teacher Seung Hae Kang has always been clear and good in her teachings and explanations. I'm more curious about the "Korean world" now, and as I found other courses about Korea on "Coursera", I'll start another one as soon as possible.

Many thanks to Seung Hae Kang and, clearly, thanks to "Coursera" too!

By Asfaari R

Jun 24, 2017

Thank you very much seon saeng nim, I have learnt so many basic knowledge about Korean language, and it was very interesting. I was enjoying the lecturer so much. The lesson has been taught in very good way. I could understand the material very easily. Hopefully I could learn more about Korean language and become a fluent Korean speaker one day.. Thank you so much for your great lesson seon saeng nim..

By Kemly O C

Jul 31, 2016

Excelente curso y ampliamente recomendado. Gracias a las bases que he aprendido con "First Step Korean" y al apoyo de buenos amigos coreanos que he conocido online, puedo mejorar y poner en práctica los conceptos. Agradezco la oportunidad de aprender las bases del idioma coreano y la introducción a una nueva cultura. En el futuro, espero participar de nuevos cursos impartidos por la Universidad Yonsei.

By Dhanushka E

Feb 21, 2020

I am addicted to watch Korean tv series and its impressed me to learn Korean language, when I joined this program I know some of the words such as unni, oppa, harapuji and so and so on, when I started this course it drive me to the real world and I really engaged with this, and I need to thank Professor to teach the lesson in a way in which we can clearly understand, thank you so much. Kamsahamnida

By Tung N

Apr 12, 2016

FSK was well designed with clear explanation and relevant examples. This course is good for beginners, to those who are new to Korean and only know some Korean words though its dramas or musics. I hope to see the Second Step Korean course (or higher courses) from Yonsei in the coming months. Thanks professor and the course team for your hard work in getting this course up and running on Coursera!

By Iosephf E M S

Jun 22, 2018

Este curso es perfecto para una iniciación al idioma coreano, sin embargo es muy importante el estudio por tu cuenta para no quedar rezagado durante el mismo.En lo personal, es un curso para principiantes con un leve conocimiento del hangul, considero que es necesario un estudio previo acerca del hangul para evitar confusiones en la pronunciación de sílabas, a su vez, de palabras y oraciones.

By Lisawaty

Apr 16, 2020

At first I cannot make sense at all how to read the Korean letters. It seems like Kanji. But, after I take this course, I find that Hangul is much simpler than I thought, it is not like Kanji at all. In fact, reading it just like reading a Romanian alphabet with combination of vowel and consonants. Thank you so much Professor Seung Hae Kang for developing such a good course with good videos!

By Adriano H S

Feb 12, 2019

Very nice course. The big problem is the time your servers take to provide de video. I am in a 2Mbps internet line (FTTH) and it takes 10 min to open. After that lot of spikes in transmission, which become very dificult to follow the teacher. But your course survey was fast, which make me think it is not same provider infrastructure. But anyway, i am still on the first section and i like it.

By Joanne F M

Apr 09, 2020

I have learned a lot. I gained much confidence in speaking and making simple sentences that I can use in interacting with my Korean friends and other Korean language learners. The modules are well-organized especially the way Professor Seung Hae Kang explained each lesson made it easy to learn and understand. Thank you so much Professor for the wonderful learning experience you taught us.

By Hatori

May 28, 2017

the lessons are designed well for a beginner. It build up my confidence to recognize the Korean alphabets through the dialogs. Meanwhile, repeating the form of the sentences get used to speak Korean for learners. Daily life conversations sometimes matched with Korean dramas I watched. With clear and slower speaking speed I can understand the sentence easily. I like this course very much.

By Tonatiuh B

Nov 03, 2016

This course is excellent for beginners interested in Korean Language. The course teaches in a clear and concise manner. It relies on the student to take extra time working on pronunciation outside of the "study time" suggested by the course. Withing the first two weeks i was able to read korean words with fairly high accuracy! thank you First Step Korea for making such a great program!

By Nick O

Incredible course. The pace is perfect and Kang선생님 is an intuitive, thorough instructor. Starting with no experience in Korean language I feel that I have a great beginner's knowledge now and am ecstatic to pursue it past this course. I wish there was a followup, I would take another class with Kang선생님 in a heartbeat. If you're interested in Korean, even with absolutely no background

By lingeo

May 04, 2017

it is very good for the Korean language beginner. the teacher not only tells us the right pronunciation but also shows the rule of pronunciation. you can find it very easy to learn Korean language if you know the rule or the grammar of the Korean. BTW, it will be better that the course's content can include the difference between the formal Korean language and the informal language.

By Marllon L

Oct 28, 2017

Excellent course that is helping me a lot to learn korean on the correct way.

I'm really happy to have a chance of making a course from Yonsei University. I'm just bit sad that i cant pay for the certificate and maybe help them to develop more courses but as soon thaat i get a job, i will surely buy it :)

Recommend that course to everyone who wants to have a good first step in korean

By Surabhi S

Aug 02, 2019

I've been learning Hanguel from various online sources but the way it's being taught here on Coursera through Yonsei University is very refreshing, engaging and easy to understand. Thankyou to Professor Kang Seung Hae for the lectures, it felt like I'm attending real classes. I hope Yonsei University comes out with more such courses at Advance Levels. Thankyou, great work Coursera

By MANISH K L

Jun 01, 2020

Had a really interesting learning experience with the course and the instructor seung hae kang, And i feel that a pattern should be designed to remember the verbs, nouns and vocubulary. i genuinely thank the Yonsei University and Coursera for making this possible for us. Looking forward to coursera and the university to continue making the other levels of this course accessible.

By KANNIKAR S

Apr 17, 2020

This course really good for who begin to study Korean starting from basic in Korean to can speak normal conversation such as How to talk about youeself and your family, Times and Date when you say to someone for make appoinment, Number in Korean and how to use in the each situations, Grammar in basic and Pronunciation likes Korean people speak this course really good I recommend

By Kunjira S

It was one of a nice classes that I've ever learned before. This is my first class Korean but I think it is a great starting with Yonsei University. Thank you "Seung Hae Kang" teacher you made this class full of happiness and everything you taught it's easy to understand even I am Thai people but I understood your description. I'm so thankful for free class by Yonsei University.

By Brenda A S M

Sep 29, 2018

I just want to say 고맙습니다 you helped me A LOT with this course when I started I didn't knew anything and my pronnuntiation was very bad, thank you for giving me the oportunity to learn this beautiful language (nobody teaches korean in my city) and I have a lot of grateful things to say, keep teaching korean to foreign people and keep spreading this beautiful culture to the world.

By Emily R

Mar 11, 2018

Me ha encantado este curso, de verdad siento que aprendí mucho. En los exámenes escuchaba las notas de voz y ya tras las primeras lecciones podía entender lo que decían cuando al iniciar no sabía nada. Me ha parecido un muy buen curso, gracias por compartirlo. Ahora comprendo, escribo y hablo un poco mejor el idioma coreano, pero aun me queda mucho por estudiar y practicar :)

By Jose D R H

Feb 11, 2017

Terrific introductory course to Korean, where one immediately learns 1) the Korean alphabet, 2) greetings and introductions, 3) numbers, 4) how to talk about one's family, 5) time and dates, and 6) casual conversations. I highly recommend it as video lectures are very effective, followed by practise exercises and quizzes, which permit the student to measure his/her progress.

By Sadé S

Apr 28, 2020

Even though i knew most of the information from week 1&2. It was still very helpful and i realize a lot of things i didn't realize earlier, when i was teaching myself korean for example :

남동생 = 남자 - 자 + 동생

여동생 = 여자 - 자 + 동생

I had just realized that Korean is great language that's easy and amazingly structured.

Thank you very much for this course I will be happy to continue

By Judith L L

A very comprehensive and structured course to learn about Korean for elementary/basic learners. I started with ZERO knowledge about the Korean language but now I know how to read! In just a mere 5 weeks course (which I managed to clear in 3 weeks). Would recommend anyone who is interested to learn about the Korean language to start from this course to grasp a good base. :)