Chevron Left
Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

4.9
stars
29,987 ratings
7,992 reviews

About the Course

This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The main topics include basic expressions used in everyday life, such as greetings, introducing yourself, talking about your family and a daily life and so on. Each lesson covers dialogues, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, quizzes and role-plays. After completing this course, you will be able to 1. read and write Korean alphabet. 2. communicate in Korean with basic expressions. 3. learn basic knowledge on Korean culture. It’s fun and easy to follow! Enjoy it!...

Top reviews

AN
May 17, 2020

A really good starting point to understand what's the Hangeul is constituted of and have a taste test on daily conversation. Last 2 modules were of quick pace which encourages me to revisit more often

DD
May 1, 2017

This was course was very informative. I really enjoyed the content being that I wasn't on the paid version. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything but learn a lot from this course. 감사합니다!!!!

Filter by:

1276 - 1300 of 7,932 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Guadalupe I R C

Feb 28, 2021

Realmemte este curso ayuda bastante a quienes queremos aprender coreano y que estamos en ceros.

Me agradó bastante además de reforsar el inglés por el idioma en el que esta el curso.

By Danica R S

Dec 25, 2020

The course teaches basic Korean really well! It breaks down pronunciation and grammar to the fundamental level so that students can properly pick up the language quickly! I loved it!

By Shabrina G

Oct 17, 2020

gak ada ruginya belajar di sini. bener-bener jelas dan enak banget. pokoknya yang mau belajar bahasa korea untuk pemula, di sini oke banget. thank you Coursera and Yonsei University!

By Gracevillalyn S

Aug 27, 2020

Thank you for spending your valuable time in creating this course. This is very much helpful for beginners like me. However, there are some Graded Quizzes that needs thorough review.

By Karen S J A

Jul 28, 2020

Muy buen curso. Enseñan desde lo básico de una manera muy didáctica, y las evaluaciones ayudan a ver qué tanto progresas en verdad. Lo recomendaría para iniciar en el idioma coreano.

By Bri D

Jun 14, 2020

It was amazing! I can say that I feel a lot more comfortable with the language and can now learn more :) It was really helpful and a great way to start my Korean learning path! 고맙습다!

By Julia A A

Jun 11, 2020

Quite a useful course. Structured so that it's easy to understand and flexible so that ou can keep up with it. Definitely would recommend to anyone wanting to learn Korean from zero.

By Camila S T

Jun 4, 2020

i found this course very helpful. i learned the basic rules plus vocabulary which is a big help to someone who doesn't know the language. i would recommend this course to my friends.

By Gabriela E O G

Feb 11, 2018

Muy buen curso, aunque de repente desaparecieron los subtítulos en español y salían otros idomas, pero pude terminarlo bien. Me encanta que dejen material descargable para practicar.

By Annalisa I

Jul 30, 2016

I loved this course. The teacher is absolutely good and was so easy to follow the entire course :)

I reccommend this course to everyone loves korean language and culture ;)

감사합니다!! :D

By Juliette M

Feb 6, 2021

After finishing this course now I can read and talk about certain thing about me, my family, my daily life and also ask other people understanding their answers. Such a good course!

By Rotsukon K

Jan 9, 2021

I am learn all of classes but the website have a problem pls sent the certificate to my email: mix1187x@gmail.com ㅠ pls I want to use the certificate for my portfolio (university)ㅠㅠ

By Diana A

Aug 10, 2020

Excelente curso introductorio al idioma coreano. Con explicaciones completas, sencillas y directas para poder entender la gramática, estilo de vida y comunicación básica del idioma.

By Francy C

Jul 20, 2020

Muy bueno, dan bases muy asequibles para personas de diferentes edades. La profesora se expresa muy bien, pausada y diligente. Los videos y talleres sencillos y prácticos.

Gracias.

By Martín F

Jun 26, 2020

i really enjoyed studying in this course. I learned a lot of things in just 5 weeks. But this is just the beginning. I strongly recommend this course. The teacher explains so clear.

By 刘美佳

Jun 3, 2020

Through this course,I learned the basic pronunciation of korean.And how to introduce myself in korean and carry out basic communication.I also learned a lot of about Korean culture.

By Marta M R M

May 6, 2020

Es muy intuitivo y muy ameno, se hace divertido seguirlo y se aprende mucho con él.

Estoy deseando hacer el siguiente, desde luego lo recomiendo para iniciarse en el idioma Coreano.

By RIMSHA K

Apr 30, 2020

the videos were comprehensive and well explained with appropriate focus on pronunciation and grammar. the pdf files were also quite helpful. it was an excellent learning experience.

By Laura A T

Jul 18, 2019

it's a well-developed course. Its structure goes from easy to hard. I likes the way in which the teacher explains and gives us time to pronounce and make the practice moments. 감사합니다

By Paula N C

Sep 24, 2017

El curso está muy bien estructurado y explicado. Yo estoy tomando clases de coreano con un profesor, pero me sirvieron mucho estas clases para complementar y repasar los contenidos.

By Elekwachi P A

Mar 29, 2017

This course was amazing and easy to understand. My first encounter with Korean and i can easily identify and read words and sentences. Thanks to the instructor, she did a great job!

By Nur A A

Aug 16, 2020

finally, finish this course in less than 1 month. I love the course and appreciate given the chance to learn this course. The course content is good and understandable for beginner

By Daniela O

Aug 2, 2020

Un curso muy completo, en donde no tan solo enseñan coreano, sino que también enseñan sobre las bases de éste y algunas costumbres. Muchas gracias por compartir estos conocimientos

By Eilyn R

Jul 13, 2020

Excelente manera de empezar a aprender el idioma coreano con material bastante completo, disfrute las practicas de cada tema y las pruebas. Sin duda lo recomiendo. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Pitcha S

Jul 9, 2020

Professor Kang is very good at explaining things. She also highlights where foreigners usually have problems with. She also gives some words to boost the confidence of the learner.