Chevron Left
Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

4.8
5,903 ratings
1,727 reviews

About the Course

This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The main topics include basic expressions used in everyday life, such as greetings, introducing yourself, talking about your family and a daily life and so on. Each lesson covers dialogues, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, quizzes and role-plays. After completing this course, you will be able to 1. read and write Korean alphabet. 2. communicate in Korean with basic expressions. 3. learn basic knowledge on Korean culture. It’s fun and easy to follow! Enjoy it!...

Top reviews

DD

May 02, 2017

This was course was very informative. I really enjoyed the content being that I wasn't on the paid version. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything but learn a lot from this course. 감사합니다!!!!

CS

Jan 07, 2018

The course is amazing for now! The teacher explains everything in a great order and it helps me a lot with Korean. I understand a lot more now. Thank you for that Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

Filter by:

1501 - 1525 of 1,698 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Nicol D G C

Apr 13, 2019

El curso es muy bueno, las explicaciones son claras , pero lástima no tiene versión en español.

By Deyna A A A

May 15, 2017

Un curso muy bueno para aprender lo básico en hangul... a pesar de no entender muy bien el inglés he podido comprender aunque con dificultad los ultimos temas.

Podrían los videos subtitularse con una mejor traducción del idioma español para una fácil comprención para los hispano hablantes, ya que hay muchos interesados en la cultura coreana.

Thanks Yonsei University for the great course!!

연세대학교 감사합니다!! ^o^

By Yadira S

Jul 31, 2017

El curso es muy bueno y dinámico aunque deberían corregir los subtítulos que a veces no salen en español completo, pero de ahí está genial.

By Monthicha K

Aug 23, 2017

this course is great. it's easy to learn and understand.

By Yanela G P

May 07, 2017

El curso me ha parecido muy ilustrativo y he aprendido mucho con él. Es la primera vez que estudio este idioma y me ha sido bastante sencillo seguir las clases, eso se debe a que las explicaciones son muy claras. Por el único motivo que no le doy las cinco estrellas es porque a partir de la semana 4 los subtitulos pasaron a estar en inglés en vez de español. Por lo demás un curso excelente.

By Amos T R S

Jun 03, 2017

Could have more lessons regarding communicating in Korea. For example "do you know how to speak English?" , "Could you please lower the price.", etc... I believe most of the students that are attending course would be future tourist or are tourist of the country and this would help with their communication

By Silvia M F

Aug 15, 2017

I really loved it! The content is very usefull as it's something you will be using a lot. There's plenty of vocabulary to use in everyday conversations. The visuals help a lot to better understand and remember the grammar and pronounciation rules, as well as the vocabulary. The tone of voice of the teacher is really sweet to the ear.

I give it 4 stars because for English speaker it's just perfect, but it's a shame that for Spanish speakers there are some loopholes in the subtitles, although the problem starts in the lessons around the middle of the course.

By Lalita L

Aug 23, 2017

Great!

By NG M J

Mar 31, 2017

good. i love this course.

By Benjamin L

Jan 18, 2018

Great course for beginners. However, the explanations not precise enough.

By Katye Y B L

Jun 04, 2017

faltaron los subtitulos en español que estén mejor editados,pero estoy muy agradecida ya que tengo mucho por seguir practicando con el material proporcionado.

By Kelly M

Aug 07, 2017

En general, el curso estuvo muy completo ya que nos facilita las herramientas que necesitamos en un primer contacto. Sin embargo, en los últimos vídeos tenia la traducción al español incompleto y se dificulto un poco el aprendizaje. Pero, en lineas generales estoy satisfecha y agradezco por el esfuerzo y tiempo que han invertido en la realización de este material, para que el idioma y la cultura llegue a más personas del mudo. Gracias!

By Chu H J

Apr 16, 2017

very good course for beginners.

some subject particles and various topic markers are confusing but the community is very active to give advice

By Fairy D

Jun 25, 2017

初学貌似要背些单词 有点难度~

By Paola C

Jan 03, 2018

El curso es muy bueno pero desde la semana 4 más o menos, los subtítulos ya no están en español... sino en Ingles, es un poco difícil para quienes solo hablamos español... ojala puedan corregir ese detalle. Gracias.

By Letish S

Jul 03, 2017

Muy bueno para iniciar para aprender el idioma que es muy diferente a tu lengua materna como es el Español

By Alexia R

Aug 17, 2017

I will remove one star because they are supposed to teach in Spanish too, but the subtitles are incomplete. I loved the course, I would like to have the intermediate part, but this encourage me to take the Topik I and II.

By Dinar M

Jul 10, 2017

Pretty easy to understand, professor Kang explain everything very well and her English is good.

By Sarahi G

Jun 21, 2017

Es un buen cursi, sin embargo al final todos los videos carecían de una traducción al español, lo cual me dificultaba un poco más concentrarme, aún así lo recomiendo mucho.

By Stang

Jul 25, 2017

It's good course for learn basic korean language

By Israa A

Jul 01, 2018

the course is perfect but there are some things i can`t understand it .. thanks ♥

By heydi g

Jun 22, 2017

es muy buena!

By Sandra W

Jun 01, 2017

Great!

By Iraia M N

Sep 08, 2017

To start learning Korean I think this course is a good way to do it. It has vocabulary, it has grammar and to start learning ways to introduce yourself and see how do you feel about this language I think it helps a lot. Because if you start with a lot of difficult grammar and stuff like that it'd maybe scare you but with little introductions about what do you do or about things you like it seems a friendly language. I'm looking for the next Yonsei's course and I hope it goes as well as this one. I recommend it to people who wants to start learning Korean.

(If I had to say something bad it's that sometimes it doesn't explain exactly the grammar points. I mean, they show you how to say something but then they use another different example and don't explain you why it's different to the first one. I don't know if this makes sense but if you start doing this course our you already have done it, you'll understand me).

감사합니다 승해강 선생님 ^^

By Hamimah M

Jun 27, 2017

Very helpful in helping me revising the lessons I had before this.