Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

1576 - 1600 of 1,698 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Nikita N

Mar 12, 2016

I just previewed the course and the tutorials are hassle free and simple to learn from! I knew a few basic things about Korean and the videos helped me brush up on my past knowledge. I'm looking forward to the current session of the course to begin so I can complete it and be better at Korean!

By Sylvia T C

May 20, 2016

Very good online course

By Hendy Z

Feb 26, 2016

It's easy for a beginning learner,the teacher taught the structure and the framework that Korean are formed.It seems that we can use the method that we learn English to learn Korean.It's an interesting course.

By María G R

May 16, 2017

Thank you very much! It definitely helped me to make my "first step" in korean language! 고맙습니다!

By Ngai L Y

Jun 10, 2016

Good for new Korean learners to start from zero.

By Philip C

Jun 29, 2017

I enjoyed her teaching. Vocabulary and phrases were useful.

By Amy L

Aug 05, 2016

I have been teaching myself (attempting to) Korean via various methods over the past 9 months, but I really enjoyed the structure of this class. It helped me understand WHY sentences/words are structured as they are, instead of just memorizing a lot of vocabulary and cramming too much information in my head at once. Can't wait for more from Yonsei University!

By Mireya H

Aug 05, 2017

At first I got bored because I didn't undestand much but after the fist two weeks it all started to make sense I like how the vocabulary is introduced and the practice part so I could immediatly make use of what is learned in that particular lesson

By 史祯

Nov 27, 2016

this course is well-organized although with the course going on i t goes more difficult, it is also a good challenge for us.

By Kristyn S

Nov 07, 2016

The videos went a bit fast for me and the course tried to cover too many things in each video in my opinion, but overall it was a good introduction to Korean! The lecture notes were very helpful--I recommend printing them off and using them to follow along with the lecture videos.

By Scott K

Mar 03, 2016

I learned Korean nearly 20 years ago and decided to work through this course as a refresher. The course is fairly well done. The pace is a little aggressive, which is fine if you take your time to learn each lesson before moving on. Language courses are not the kind where you can just listen and then take the quiz. Slow down. Practice.

By week four the speakers in the audio files were speaking on a level where I was having difficulty distinguishing some of the words. In particular, the differences between the 20th and 21st of the month can be somewhat challenging for a beginning speaker of Korean. On the quizzes, I slowed down and repeated some of the audio. Even so, I missed a few questions. I think the course should take more care in producing the audio files and planning the questions. Some of those my be nearly impossible for beginners to get correct.

By Jeff K

Aug 11, 2017

Overall good. I already am actually past this level but it was good review especially about things I had forgotten.

By Gaurav M

Feb 20, 2016

This course gives a good start. After that practice is more important which can be done through apps like memrise.

By Renee M

Aug 07, 2016

I have been waiting for a Korean language course with coursera for a long time. it is very good course for beginner; I had all the explanations and the pronunciation techniques were helpful.

By Ricardo V F

Jan 17, 2017

I loved the course. I was, however, overwhelmed by the amount of information especially in the last unit, No5. which had tons of vocabulary and expressions. Thank you for the opportunity to learn, it has been very valuable for me.

By Zhengmin Y

Nov 01, 2016

useful. en

By Cris B

Jun 21, 2017

I found this course and materials helpful and easy to follow.

By LI L

Oct 24, 2016

It would be better If there are more explanations of grammar

By 汪书煜Sylvia

Jun 23, 2016

I learn most of Korean from entertainment programme, but this class help me to correct the pronunciation and learn a lot about the Korean.

This class is easy for all the people who wants to learn the basic Korean and Korean culture, and you can have a better understanding about this lovely beautiful country!

----Shuyu Wang from China

By Naima C

Aug 13, 2017

It's the best course you can take for your first step with Korean language!

By Urvi K

Jul 11, 2016

The course is mind blowing!

With time and patience it is easy to get the language and the phrases.

I only struggled really hard with telling the time.

Also being hard of hearing made it a little hard to pinpoint exactly what time they were talking about.

Overall this course is wonderful and anyone who is interested in basics of Korean should take it!

Thanks a lot!!

By Victoria P

Nov 15, 2017

I liked the delivery, the choice of topics and vocabulary. Good job inserting the clips of real conversations, it was really motivatingto try to understand what they were saying. Good course for the beginners who are just starting. Howerver, I think the quizzes could be a little bit more challenging, seemed too easy for me.

By Prakash G

May 09, 2018

It will be easy if the pronunciation have the roman translation, so that easily word can be spelled and understood.

By Weiling C

May 06, 2016

Well structured and well paced.

By Junticha C

May 13, 2018

I love this course. This is first time for me to study basic Korean course. I print all worksheets for practice. Thank you :)