Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

JD
Jan 17, 2021

I find it hard and confusing at first but eventually I had fun. I love Korea so much that is why I want to learn Hangul. Also I will visit Korea when the pandemic is over. Thank you Yonsei University.

AM
Jun 28, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

276 - 300 of 1,763 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Samruddhi S

May 2, 2021

I really loved doing this course. It was so informative and not at all boring. Learned a little bit of Korean language and I feel really good about it. This course has boosted my confidence in learning a new language.

By Edita F

Jan 15, 2021

This course really help me to learn Korean as beginner. The method and theory make us comfortable to understand and able to follow. Module and workbook arranged to help the learner to keep up with the course subjects.

By Kyla N S

Aug 23, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the different topics offered in the course. The modules were very fun, interesting, helpful, and easy to follow. The lecture videos along with the lecture guides and quizzes were well constructed.

By Mara P C M

Jun 3, 2020

Aprendí el alfabeto durante mi adolescencia, después de tantos años decidí continuar con el aprendizaje y me siento muy satisfecha con este curso. Desearía que realizaran uno intermedio y avanzado. Muchísimas gracias!

By Jenn M C S P

Sep 1, 2016

The lectures are very useful and are sufficient. However, the students should really work hard to study on their own. There are other online sources for practice by using common words being used by loca

감사합니다 선생님! 화이팅!

By Carolina D A C

Jan 10, 2021

Excelente curso para quienes ya tienen una base de idioma coreano. Los videos son muy buenos y realmente practicás todas las areas necesarias: escritura, pronunciación, lectura, gramática, etc. Súmamente recomendado.

By Karen L

May 17, 2021

Love it. It took me some time to get used to the format. Once I found the pattern, it's very easy to learn. It always starts with a conversation, followed by vocabulary, grammar then ends with more conversation!

By Fathmath L A

Aug 17, 2020

This course was very helpful in learning Korean grammar and improving my vocabulary. The explanations were easy to understand. This will definitely help me even when I self study in the future. Thank you very much!

By Dora R

Jul 9, 2020

I enjoyed the class very much and I am looking forward into studying more. My goal is to be able to speak it fluently by the time I go to visit South Korea Thank you Professor Sang Mee Han for your effort and time.

By Pongrawish A

Jun 8, 2018

It's a great course for starting to learn korean language. I'm so applicated for your dedicated to make this course for everyone. I hope I will see the next espisode about korean language from your team. 고마워요. 선생님.

By Jovina L

Jul 16, 2020

The lessons are really easy to follow. I like how they are catered for common daily activities that a tourist in Korea would use. It definitely gave me the confidence to speak in Korean when I visit Korea one day!

By Neha M

May 29, 2021

The real time examples and speaking practice was amazing. One could really understand how one should pronounce the words. The team is amazing. Hoping to see the second part of this course too. Thank you Yonsei <3

By Cheryl L

Aug 2, 2020

I love the teacher and being able to hear multiple dialects from the various students. This is my second course with Yonsei through the Coursera platform, I hope that there will be another section after this one!

By Isabel M

May 21, 2021

Excelente curso, aprendes mucho y de una manera dinámica y entretenida, ya que la profesora esta muy capacitada y no importa que no sepas nada de coreano, solo lo esencial es conocer el hangul (alfabeto coreano)

By Drocel J L M

Dec 19, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. Thanks to Yonsei University for making this great endeavor possible. I'm looking forward to pass the Korean Government Scholarship Program or acquire other related scholarships.

By Ewan K

Jul 18, 2017

Really great course. Thank you to the teacher for making it easy and explaining it well, language is hard to teach through a computer screen but this course combines the essentials, making it the best it can be.

By Thania J

Aug 7, 2020

the course is very instructive towards every day tasks and very helpful when it comes to getting acquainted with Korean culture. Also it is very understanding of busy schedules and can be adapted easily. Bravo!

By Suthinee N

This course is good for everyone who want to learn Korean language specially for beginner level or who don't have any knowledge about this. The lesson are easy to understand and remember. you will happy for it.

By Qisthina P

Apr 30, 2021

good course for a beginner. but since i'm in a beginner-intermediate level i have learned all the material before joining this course, it's okay tho I need to review what I've learned after all.

감사합니다 연세 대학교<3

By Paty S

Jan 12, 2021

I'm so glad I found this course! It is well-explained and easy to understand, plus it gives you a lot of new vocabulary. I'm willing to do more courses of yours, I hope you continue doing it!

Thank you so much!

By Juelun W

Nov 1, 2020

very helpful videos, very helpful lecture notes and workbook. It's also very nice to be able to hear pronunciation from a Korean teacher. It's only that it would be better to have quizzes in higher difficulty.

By Scarlete B

Mar 22, 2021

En general, el curso es muy completo, como dice se aprende lo basico del idioma pero creo que con este curso ya puede uno comunicarse baste bien y sentar las bases del idioma, frases cotidinas y vocabulario.

By Marcela M M

Jul 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and I wish you had more Korean lessons. I learned a lot! It is very well organized, the instructor is very clear and to the point and I liked the length and content of each lesson

By Michael C

Jul 3, 2017

This is a very well structured and presented course. The teaching staff is very responsive to questions. I really enjoyed the course and hope that there will be additional MOOCs produced for learning Korean.

By Orlaine A T

Dec 20, 2020

The instructional videos and the modules are very detailed and comprehensive. Great work to the instructor and the students who participated in the videos. I had so much fun learning, thank you very much!