Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM

Jun 29, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

IK

Jul 12, 2020

Fantastic course! As a Korean-American, learning grammar has always been tricky for me. Thank you for creating such a well-organized, well-taught course. Looking forward to future courses with you!

176 - 200 of 1,190 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Rhobi P M

Sep 03, 2020

she is the best teacher,she explains so well you sure will understand the lessons.I personally learned a lot.By the end of this course ,speaking writing and understanding skills are both developed.

By Kimberly V

Jun 08, 2020

Me agradó mucho este curso, aprendí lo básico de gramática, mejoré mi pronunciación y además al tomar apuntes me ayudó con la escritura.

Muchas gracias y felicidades por elaborar un material tan bueno y de fácil acceso.

By Kyla N S

Aug 23, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the different topics offered in the course. The modules were very fun, interesting, helpful, and easy to follow. The lecture videos along with the lecture guides and quizzes were well constructed.

By Mara P C M

Jun 03, 2020

Aprendí el alfabeto durante mi adolescencia, después de tantos años decidí continuar con el aprendizaje y me siento muy satisfecha con este curso. Desearía que realizaran uno intermedio y avanzado. Muchísimas gracias!

By Jenn M C S P

Sep 01, 2016

The lectures are very useful and are sufficient. However, the students should really work hard to study on their own. There are other online sources for practice by using common words being used by loca

감사합니다 선생님! 화이팅!

By Fathmath L A

Aug 17, 2020

This course was very helpful in learning Korean grammar and improving my vocabulary. The explanations were easy to understand. This will definitely help me even when I self study in the future. Thank you very much!

By Dora R

Jul 10, 2020

I enjoyed the class very much and I am looking forward into studying more. My goal is to be able to speak it fluently by the time I go to visit South Korea Thank you Professor Sang Mee Han for your effort and time.

By Pongrawish A

Jun 08, 2018

It's a great course for starting to learn korean language. I'm so applicated for your dedicated to make this course for everyone. I hope I will see the next espisode about korean language from your team. 고마워요. 선생님.

By Jovina L

Jul 16, 2020

The lessons are really easy to follow. I like how they are catered for common daily activities that a tourist in Korea would use. It definitely gave me the confidence to speak in Korean when I visit Korea one day!

By Cheryl L

Aug 02, 2020

I love the teacher and being able to hear multiple dialects from the various students. This is my second course with Yonsei through the Coursera platform, I hope that there will be another section after this one!

By Ewan K

Jul 18, 2017

Really great course. Thank you to the teacher for making it easy and explaining it well, language is hard to teach through a computer screen but this course combines the essentials, making it the best it can be.

By Thania J

Aug 07, 2020

the course is very instructive towards every day tasks and very helpful when it comes to getting acquainted with Korean culture. Also it is very understanding of busy schedules and can be adapted easily. Bravo!

By Suthinee N

This course is good for everyone who want to learn Korean language specially for beginner level or who don't have any knowledge about this. The lesson are easy to understand and remember. you will happy for it.

By Marcela M M

Jul 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and I wish you had more Korean lessons. I learned a lot! It is very well organized, the instructor is very clear and to the point and I liked the length and content of each lesson

By Michael C

Jul 03, 2017

This is a very well structured and presented course. The teaching staff is very responsive to questions. I really enjoyed the course and hope that there will be additional MOOCs produced for learning Korean.

By Annette A Y

Feb 20, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed learning with Prof. Han. Korean grammar was what I was focusing on the most, with its numerous conjugations. I'm glad I went through this course. My confidence has increased. Thank you!

By Larissa L

Sep 18, 2020

This course was really helpful. I was able to understand the Korean grammar perfectly because the teacher explained it very well. The exercises and the videos were also interesting. Thank you very much!

By Kamilla B B

Jun 21, 2020

Maravilhoso curso de coreano. Tem um jeito simples e fácil de aprender. Apesar de ter um jeito tradicional não é cansativo de aprender.

선생님 감사해요. Yonsei University 감사해요. Comunidade Coursera 감사해요.

안녕히 계십시오

By JUANA C G M

Jun 25, 2020

I really liked this course because I could practice some vocabulary that I had forgotten. I have been studying Korean for one year and this course it is perfect to improve some grammar and vocabulary.

By Madhushree

May 16, 2020

Its a very good course for beginners who have an idea of how to read and write hangeul

the examples and demonstrations were easy to understand and remember. This also gives you a good vocabulary base!

By Hayfaa D

Jul 06, 2017

I really enjoy this course. It gave me more access to the Korean Language and hence understand it more. I love the pace and the learning materials. I wish there is more level to this course.

By alla k

Jun 21, 2020

Very instructive class you directly see result every class make you learn something new that you can use daily so it keep you motivated ! thank you so much I hope there will be a second course !

By Erika J

Jul 26, 2020

Me encanto mucho este curso,lo recomiendo para las personas que quieren saber más sobre la cultura coreana,más vocabulario(entre otras cosas).Les agradezco mucho ya que aprendi más sobre Corea.

By Camila O

Había buscado opciones así durante un tiempo, así que estaba muy emocionada cuando encontré este curso. Me ayudó muchísimo, la información es muy clara y fácil de entender. Muchas gracias :)