Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

JD
Jan 17, 2021

I find it hard and confusing at first but eventually I had fun. I love Korea so much that is why I want to learn Hangul. Also I will visit Korea when the pandemic is over. Thank you Yonsei University.

AM
Jun 28, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

176 - 200 of 1,509 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By NITCHAON N

Nov 10, 2020

I would like to thank the instructor “Sang Mee Han” for their lectures.

This course “Learn to Speak Korean 1” help me to know how to introducing friends, hometown, food and place to shop in Korean language.

And now I think Korean language is very fun.

By Nuttakorn W

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent! When i was studied Korean with teachers from Yonsei university I felt comfortable and could understand in deeply. I am not a good student but I tried my best to learned and I never stop to improve myself for surely. THANK YOU ;)

Sincerely

By Federico C

Nov 6, 2020

This course wa really useful to get introduced to everyday korean language. It is well structured. So, the different modules connect with each other. As a consequence, I could get a better understanding of the subject. A must for studying korean.

By Maria

Oct 20, 2016

I have enjoyed this course a lot. The teacher explain the grammar very well and it's easy to follow her. I didn't expect I was going to learn and practice so much! I'm very happy with the course and I would like to have a Learn to Speak Korean 2!

By Татьяна К

Mar 4, 2018

It was rather difficult for me but everything is clear.

Thank you so much!

Now I even understand several phrases while watching doramas with subtitles.

I want to visit your country one day!

But more practise is necessary.

To improve beginner skills.

By Holly E

Sep 15, 2016

This was a very good course for learning vocabulary and grammar for use in conversation with friends. The video clips of students participating in dialogue meant there were many examples of hearing pronunciation of Korean by different people.

By Bhagyashri A B

Mar 24, 2019

It's good for the beginner, I have learned a lot from this course. I just I want tell you that what ever you are mentioning in Korean please mention that Korean pronunciation in English also so that it will help for the better pronunciation.

By Maria K

Nov 13, 2017

замечательный курс. все очень просто и доступно. ещё не дошла до конца курса, но уже сейчас могу сказать, что данные занятия просты, информативны. преподаватель очень точно все объясняет. нет лишней информации. огромное спасибо за данный курс

By Cindy Y H S

May 8, 2020

Challenging and comprehensive course. Lessons were well structured and adds more depth to usual beginner's classes. Recommended for anyone who wants to have a stronger foundation in their Korean language. Dialogues included were fun as well.

By Megan

Dec 18, 2019

A good introduction to Korean Conversations, which is enough to carry using what was learnt in the course. Simple to understand and the exercises are useful to strengthen the knowledge taught in the lecture. I enjoyed learning the course! :)

By Natalie W

Feb 29, 2020

High quality materials. Well paced, but still managed to cover quite a bit. Definitely expanded my grammar and vocab through this course. Also, the instructor was great! I only wish the audio quality in the dialogue videos had been clearer.

By Samara C

Dec 20, 2019

The course is very useful. It gives you the necessary vocabulary and grammar to go manage to communicate in day-to-day conversations. I am going to South Korea with some friends in March and I feel the course's material would come in handy.

By Ana P D C

So good! It helped me w listening, speaking, writing and reading! Is the best korean online course I has ever taken! because the structure is so consistent and easy to follow! Now I don't know what to do next.. I'm waiting for the level 2!

By Erica M

Apr 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this class, as a way for me to keep up with my personal study of the Korean language. I would definitely encourage people who wish to continue building upon their own Korean language skills to take this course.

By JunYing N

Aug 18, 2017

It is a very good course for the Korean learner to learn.I like this course very much because the professor gave us a very clearly explanation in every modules.Lastly,I hope professor can give us more interesting course to learn.Thank you.

By Alexandra L

Aug 7, 2020

The course was extremely helpful. It was also fascinating and fun to learn new words and vocabulary. I would also like to thank the university for the vocabulary lists at the end of each module! They are extremely helpful!!! ㄷㅐ단히 감사합니다!!!

By Alba C M

Jun 7, 2020

El curso esta muy bien para aprender algunas cosas básicas del idioma corano, es importante antes de comenzarlo saber por lo menos el alfabeto coreano. Muy recomendable ya que el aprendizaje es muy fácil y ameno. Yo he aprendido bastante

By Abeywardena, H

Aug 31, 2020

I would like to thank Yonsei University and it's staff specially Prof. Ms. Sang Mee Han for this marvelous Korean language course. I learned a lot of things from this course about Korean language and Korean culture. Thank you very much.

Jun 29, 2020

it was really easy for me to understand the lessons and also got some writing practice while doing the worksheets ! and as a student who recently started learning korean , it was really very helpful. i am very thankful for this course .

By Kemly O C

Aug 18, 2016

Excellent course, very good materials and good explanations. Yonsei University, thank you very much for offering the opportunity to learn the Korean language and bring their country and culture through Coursera. ¡Muchas gracias!, 고맙습니다

By Melanie C

Sep 24, 2017

I started out only knowing the most basic greetings and how to read hangul and now I can definitely understand Korean more and speak sentences because of this course! I really do recommend! Stay on track and study and you'll be good!

By Atalia L

Dec 11, 2020

I’m so glad for finding a course to help me improve my Korean. I self-study to learn 한글 but I still needed more to learn and with this course I can now say I’ve learned so much and now can have conversations. Thank you ☺️ so much!!!

By Angela K

Nov 13, 2020

I loved this course, especially Mrs. Sang Mee Han's teaching, she was great, besides Yonsei university is one of the best universities in the world and I feel proud for accomplishing this course 100%. I hope I will be in Korea soon.

By Rudolph R

May 13, 2020

Very good and grateful to be able to go back all the time to brush up on terms and understandings. Good course over all and the pace is good too . There is flexibility which i appreciate as well as deadline that keep you motivated.