Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

JD
Jan 17, 2021

I find it hard and confusing at first but eventually I had fun. I love Korea so much that is why I want to learn Hangul. Also I will visit Korea when the pandemic is over. Thank you Yonsei University.

KN
Aug 31, 2021

Perfectly explained in each short videos. Learnt a lot of the basic grammars, vocab and phonetics. Now, just need to practice speaking it out loud. =) Hope to have "learn to speak korean 2" though. =)

101 - 125 of 2,034 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Anna B

May 7, 2020

Very clear structure, nice way of presenting and focussed on every day topics. I also enjoyed the feature of the international students, because it takes away the fear of having a weird accent. It helps to see them mastering it and gives an additional boost in motivation.

A follow up course for further improvement of one's Korean skills would be nice!

By adee

Oct 7, 2016

A very nice introduction to Korean; I've been self-studying on and off for a year, but never anything too structured, so I was a little unsure of how the beginning steps would be broken down, but the lessons flowed amazingly smooth and really gave a lot of useful grammar information and vocabulary right off the bat. Extremely pleased by the course!

By Ngan N

Sep 11, 2017

This course is excellent. It helps me know more about Korean and especially it covers all 4 skills. I really love listening to the conversation between foreign students which improves my listening skill a lot. The staff is very friendly and helpful, too. I hope that there will be more Korean courses like this in the near future! Thank you so much!

By Michelle M S M

Mar 29, 2021

It was great learning with a great teacher ando also very friendly!!

It would be great to have a korean course that includes things like colors, animals, traditional songs for children and grownups too, and more about your culture, ofcourse to learn about and and to learn how to speak and write about it in korean, Thank you

Kind regards,

Michelle

By Amnuaysak T

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you very much Professor Sang Mee Han and your staff concerned to make this course available to people who want to learn Korean language. The lay out of the course content, time required for each module is good and practical to learners. The professor herself is good.

Thank you Yonsei University and all the people concerned of this course.

By Jasmin I B

Apr 22, 2021

As someone who is studying to take TOPIK and wanting to apply for universities in Korea someday, I found this course to be really helpful with introducing me to beginner grammar and sentence structures. I also enjoyed the way the worksheets and lecture notes were presented. Highly recommended course! Thank you, Yonsei University and Coursera.

By Lacanienta, K M

Thank you so much for the wonderful course! I truly learned a lot from the repetitive dialogues, vocabulary and grammar lessons. Practicing the videos and reading materials could help me in my pronounciation and in reading faster. I hope there’s a continuation to this course where I could further enhance my Korean Language skills. Thank you!

By MarianaS

May 13, 2020

Un curso fácil de llevar, con explicaciones completas y de fácil entendimiento. Si estudiaste hace tiempo, sirve como un buen reforzamiento y aprendizaje de nuevo vocabulario. Gracias por tener este curso disponible, quedo encantada y muy agradecida con la universidad, maestra y alumnos que elaboran y participan para el desarrollo del curso.

By Sebastian S

Sep 4, 2018

This is a really amazing Course.

(Learn to Speak Korean 1) made me so confident with my Basic Korean skills that I decided to talk to people in Korean. The people that live in Korea say that my Korean is pretty good, and I am able to create my own sentences with the help of an online dictionary.

If you keep going, you will be able to go far.

By MISS Y

Jun 11, 2021

I learned alot and so easily to understand well specially when it comes to learning korean. Im so so happy i found this course and proffesor was explained her teaching well. I recommend this course for those who are starting learning korean language and will be improve you korean language skills and communication well thank you so much.

By Patrick Z

Jul 29, 2020

This course helped me improve my Korean after I took Yonsei University's First Step Korean course with professor Seung Hae Kang. It's easy to follow and it's very organized! Thank you Professor Sang Mee Han and Yonsei University for providing a great Korean language course and I hope you will consider adding more Korean langauge courses.

By Laura M

Dec 1, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. I love the way it has many interactive sources of learning. From videos, to notes, to practice questions then quizes. The lecturer and students were also really amazing, they definitely made the learning experience even easier. I would definitely take another course from here given the chance. 감사 합니 다 !!😊😊

By Karla L T C

Aug 19, 2019

El curso fue preciso con los temas y didáctico por lo cual aprendí mucho y me siento más segura al comunicarme en coreano. Me encantaría que hubiese la continuación del curso para así aprender más y reforzar lo aprendido hasta ahora. La profesora fue muy clara con las lecciones. Muchas gracias a la Universidad de Yonsei por este curso.

By Daniel F

Aug 11, 2016

In order to take this course, you need to have a basic understanding of Korean and its writing system.

This course met all my expectations and I am truly thankful for such an amazing resource. The way the course is organized allows for the material to build upon previous covered subjects and this reinforces what has already been learned.

By Aldo S C E

Oct 5, 2019

This is a very good course because it has a very well structured plan to teach the topics little by little. Thanks to this course, I have learnt various topics related to Korean syntax, phonology, and vocabulary at the same time, so I think it is recommendable for all those who already know "hangeul" and want to learn Korean properly.

By Steve C

Feb 19, 2021

The course is good for beginner learners. But some of the demonstrator's sound is low low, it is difficult to hear it clearly. She seems to lack confidence in speaking Korean. (especially the French lady) As a beginner learner, I wish to hear a loud sound for learning. Wish my comment can help to improve your course. Thank you.

By •-•Natis •

Jan 18, 2021

me encanto este curso pude aprende mucho acerca de las expresiones y maneras de hablar y escribir en coreano, lo recomiendo demasiado , o videos y el material de apoyo están muy bien diseñados, me gusto mucho este curso aprendí de temas que no sabia y eso me parece muy importante. me ayudo en mi desarrollo educativo y menta. thanks

By Ralph P

Jan 13, 2018

Very informative, at a decent pace for a student to grasp. I look forwards to a Part 2, as I took "Beginning Korean" before this one, and signed up for this course as a follow up. Regardless, this will provide someone completely new to Korean with a solid foundation with which to proceed in their language studies regarding Korean.

By Eddie

Apr 2, 2017

Ha sido una gran ayuda para poder desenvolverme más en la vida diaria ya que he aprendido nuevos términos para poder comunicarme con más soltura en el idioma coreano.Felicito a la profesora y a sus colaboradores por hacernos aprender de una forma fácil y entretenida ya que me motivaron más a seguir aprendiendo este hermoso idioma.

By MARIA D C G R

Aug 9, 2020

El curso me gusto porque aprendí como describir mi ciudad, nuevo vocabulario, adquirí el lenguaje básico para poder desenvolverme en Corea , tanto en un restaurante como en centros comerciales. aunque me gustaría que existiera otro curso para darle continuidad a lo que aprendimos y así tener mas conocimiento del idioma coreano.

By Teresa B

Oct 4, 2020

I really enjoyed this six week course! It had a lot of helpful information in it and did not take up a lot of time. The lecture notes were helpful and I really enjoyed the workbook and quizzes. I looked forward to my lessons every day and am so sad it's over. Thank you so much for this wonderful intro course! I learned a lot!

By Giulia L

I loved this course! I learned so much. I really enjoyed all the dialogue. After this course i feel more confidence with my korean and I wanna learn even more. It's a pity that there aren't other level of this course. If you can read the hangul and wanna get better in korean by gaining more confidence, this course is for you!

By Coyote E

Feb 19, 2021

This is a wonderful, easy to follow course. While it follows topics that may be a bit unlikely for those of us who aren't traveling - shopping in Korean stores, for example - the courses uses these topics to teach you important grammar and vocabulary that can be applied anywhere. (Also, the teacher is so nice and friendly!)

By Shirin O

It was a great experience! The structure of the lessons is easy and interesting. I liked how the students acted in the videos and showed the conversations in an interesting way. Also, I appreciate how this course improved understanding of Korean culture. Thanks a lot! I am definitely waiting for the Learn to Speak Korean 2.

By Fransiska K O P

Aug 26, 2021

This course is DAEBAK! Thankyou Coursera for letting me join this course and give me financial aid. I hope this certificate will be the first step that i took for another journey and opportunity to go to Korean next year. I will use this Certificate as it should be for a good thing. Thankyou Coursera and Mrs. Sang Mee Han