Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

JD
Jan 17, 2021

I find it hard and confusing at first but eventually I had fun. I love Korea so much that is why I want to learn Hangul. Also I will visit Korea when the pandemic is over. Thank you Yonsei University.

KN
Aug 31, 2021

Perfectly explained in each short videos. Learnt a lot of the basic grammars, vocab and phonetics. Now, just need to practice speaking it out loud. =) Hope to have "learn to speak korean 2" though. =)

151 - 175 of 2,026 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Mutaeva I S

Aug 23, 2020

It is a helpful and interesting course, contains the necessary vocabulary and grammar for beginners. This course is informative, the structure of the lessons is simple and easy to learn, the videos are short and entertaining. It’s a great introduction to the Korean.Thank you for the interesting course!

By Drocel J L M

Oct 21, 2020

The course was very informative. It helped me a lot in expanding my vocabulary and grammar (which is the most difficult). The professor has good command of the English language. I want to appear as well in the videos like other foreigners. I hope to study in work in Korea someday. God bless you all.

By Rahmatov J J o

Sep 14, 2020

Assalomu alaykum! Faxr bilan O`zbekcha gapiraman chunki meni bepu ta`lim olishimda yaqindan ko`mak bergan innovatsiya va strategiya markaziga o`z minnatdorchiligimni bildiraman!Albatta ko`rishib suhbatlashak koreys tilida o`zim to`grimda so`zlab beraman! barcha tashkilotchilarga rahmat deb qolaman!!!

By kalina m

Jul 3, 2020

i’m going to miss doing this course every week. it was such a fun and easy to navigate course. although i have so much to learn, it helped me get a better understanding of korean grammar. thank you for making this course and having practical everyday examples in both the lessons and the exercises! :)

By Lulu g

Mar 29, 2021

Me gustó mucho el curso, se me hizo muy práctico, y los videos la tareas y los exámenes me ayudaron mucho a tener una idea de como expresarse en el idioma coreano, se que me falta mucho por aprender pero su cultura y su idioma me gustan mucho . Gracias por permitirme aprender de este idioma . 감사합니다

By Débora C D

Jun 5, 2020

Excelente curso online, fácil de entender y permite practicar las habilidades orales y auditivas aunque no se encuentre otra persona a mi lado enseñándome.

Definitivamente aprendí bastante y espero ponerlo en práctica al momento de viajar.

Muchas gracias también por hacer de este un curso gratuito.

By Maria B T d S

Aug 1, 2021

O curso foi excelente, com uma didática impecável que me fez entender diversas coisas rapidamente. Estou muito grata por ter encontrado um curso tão bom e acessível e assim que conseguir vou adquirir o certificado. Obrigada pela dedicação e esforço dos responsáveis pelo desenvolvimento do curso!

By Maia L

May 1, 2020

I love how this course has all the parts needed to learn - vocabulary, pronunciation, and grammar. I found the grammar points very, very helpful. The course pace and format is also easy to follow. I really hope there will be other courses like this (like a level 2 and 3). It would be so helpful.

By Dawna L F

Oct 11, 2020

This course, the instructor and student have been the biggest help to me. I have been studying Korean for the past 3 years but this course helped immensely in connecting all my unanswered questions at a very comfortable speed. I wish I had found it earlier but happy that I found it nonetheless.

By Marry A P

May 9, 2021

The videos are very helpful in answering the activity sheet as well as the quizzes at the end of the modules. Korean language has been very easy to understand because of all these simple and yet very rich materials. Congratulations and thank you to all who made these. Until we meet again. :)

By Ceferova L

Jul 27, 2020

I think this course is one of the best studying instructor.I learned a lot from Learn to Speak Korean 1.Even if you aren't feel yourself for studying Korean you have to start with this course it will help you to speak confidently and learn a lot by the professionals.Thank you for your help❤️

By Suman Y

Dec 15, 2020

For me, this course was life saver. Due to this pandemic, I was unable to take admission in Korean language course in my country as all institution were closed but through this platform I learned Korean at home without any difficulty with top Korean language professors. Thank You Coursera.

By Shahd k

Jun 30, 2021

this course is very useful . it helped me on the personal side and gave me courage to learn more about korea and hangul of course I learned a lot of vocabularies and phrases that can be used when visiting Korea and also i had improved my listening skill thanks you for your hard work :)

By Luz R

I really lo e the course. It was a bit difficult at the end because I didn’t have enough time to practice, but I managed to complete it successfully. I do really think the teacher was a marvellous one. I really hope to travel to Korea next year and study at Yonsei University for a while.

By KevserD

Nov 20, 2020

I loved this course so much, it helped me a lot to understand better Korean as a beginner, I encourage and recommend it to people who want to learn Korean and don't know where to start :)

Thank you very much for uploading Korean courses for people like us and help us enjoy learning it :)

By Cleni P

Nov 15, 2020

I am so happy with this course, it was an amazing experience and I hope to have the chance to continue learning about corean language, it is a big challence for mi since now. Thank you very much with all the teachers that were answering the door and especially to the Miss. Sang Mee Han.

By dwi w

Aug 10, 2020

i had joined some of korean course in my country, but this is the best i thought. all the materials was so good and easy to understand. i can't speak english well but i can understand the whole materials as well. also i get so much modules which is very usefull to me. thankyou so much .

By Jerby L

Jul 11, 2021

The design of the course makes it easy to learn and remember the lessons. There are lots of opportunities to recall and check for understanding in-between lessons. Real-life conversations are also added to depict situations where the conversations take place. Highly recommended course!

By Joanne F M

Apr 14, 2020

I am so happy that I enrolled in this course. I gave a lot of information for a beginner like me. Professor explained clearly each lesson with adequate examples to practice. The modules are well-organized and packed with detailed lessons that are easy to grasp.

Thank you and God bless.

By Jocelyn J M

May 9, 2021

Me agrado el curso, recomendo previamente el curso de First Step Korean, te ayuda mucho en saber leer y escribir el Hangul, y en este curso es muy necesario aprender del Hangul. La grámatica y los dialogos que estaban en cada modulo complementaban mucho el curso. Recomendado al 100 %

By amira l

Apr 13, 2020

Very clear and neat course. I'm able to revise the basic stuff after many years leaving it behind. The course is made easy for beginner, with ample of quizzes to check our understanding. Well done! Please recommend the next level/ upper beginner-lower intermediate level to me. Thanks!

By Pyngh

Mar 23, 2021

I want to learn Korean because of i love this language and culture I want to be there for working, studying or traveling. 4 months ago I learned it by myself but nothings I can do then my friend recommended me and I start this course, it so excited and comfortable to learn. I love it

By Nadika L

Jun 17, 2020

Very easy to understand. You can learn most of the stuff by skipping the video and just reading the captions which speeds it up so much xD The vocab is really easy to remember. I got through the courses in 3 days; it really isn't a lot. Hope there will be more courses in the future~-

By Nguyen T P

Jun 5, 2020

I want to give a big thanks to the course team. After the course, I can speak basic Korean and have simple communication with my Korean friends. This course is so much useful and easy to study for beginners. Hopefully, Yonsei Uni will release the next course soon.

Completed course!!!

By Jessica C

Sep 25, 2020

¡Fue muy útil e instructivo! La profesora explicó todo muy bien. Me gustó que colocara conversaciones del día a día dentro de las clases, lo único que quisiera que mejore es el audio de estas conversaciones ya que muchas veces no lograba distinguir el diálogo.

¡Gracias por el curso!