Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM

Jun 29, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

S

Sep 27, 2020

I liked this course very much .Content was very useful, understandable and will be definitely helpful for me in future 😀💜.It was fun, learning with such an amazing tutor miss.Sang Mee Han thank you.

151 - 175 of 1,286 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Megan

Dec 18, 2019

A good introduction to Korean Conversations, which is enough to carry using what was learnt in the course. Simple to understand and the exercises are useful to strengthen the knowledge taught in the lecture. I enjoyed learning the course! :)

By Natalie W

Mar 01, 2020

High quality materials. Well paced, but still managed to cover quite a bit. Definitely expanded my grammar and vocab through this course. Also, the instructor was great! I only wish the audio quality in the dialogue videos had been clearer.

By Samara C

Dec 20, 2019

The course is very useful. It gives you the necessary vocabulary and grammar to go manage to communicate in day-to-day conversations. I am going to South Korea with some friends in March and I feel the course's material would come in handy.

By Ana P D C

So good! It helped me w listening, speaking, writing and reading! Is the best korean online course I has ever taken! because the structure is so consistent and easy to follow! Now I don't know what to do next.. I'm waiting for the level 2!

By Erica M

Apr 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this class, as a way for me to keep up with my personal study of the Korean language. I would definitely encourage people who wish to continue building upon their own Korean language skills to take this course.

By JunYing N

Aug 18, 2017

It is a very good course for the Korean learner to learn.I like this course very much because the professor gave us a very clearly explanation in every modules.Lastly,I hope professor can give us more interesting course to learn.Thank you.

By Alexandra L

Aug 07, 2020

The course was extremely helpful. It was also fascinating and fun to learn new words and vocabulary. I would also like to thank the university for the vocabulary lists at the end of each module! They are extremely helpful!!! ㄷㅐ단히 감사합니다!!!

By Alba C M

Jun 07, 2020

El curso esta muy bien para aprender algunas cosas básicas del idioma corano, es importante antes de comenzarlo saber por lo menos el alfabeto coreano. Muy recomendable ya que el aprendizaje es muy fácil y ameno. Yo he aprendido bastante

By Abeywardena, H

Aug 31, 2020

I would like to thank Yonsei University and it's staff specially Prof. Ms. Sang Mee Han for this marvelous Korean language course. I learned a lot of things from this course about Korean language and Korean culture. Thank you very much.

Jun 29, 2020

it was really easy for me to understand the lessons and also got some writing practice while doing the worksheets ! and as a student who recently started learning korean , it was really very helpful. i am very thankful for this course .

By Kemly O C

Aug 18, 2016

Excellent course, very good materials and good explanations. Yonsei University, thank you very much for offering the opportunity to learn the Korean language and bring their country and culture through Coursera. ¡Muchas gracias!, 고맙습니다

By Melanie C

Sep 24, 2017

I started out only knowing the most basic greetings and how to read hangul and now I can definitely understand Korean more and speak sentences because of this course! I really do recommend! Stay on track and study and you'll be good!

By Rudolph R

May 13, 2020

Very good and grateful to be able to go back all the time to brush up on terms and understandings. Good course over all and the pace is good too . There is flexibility which i appreciate as well as deadline that keep you motivated.

By Daphney M

Jan 20, 2019

This style of teaching has been a great way to learn! I cannot wait to use what I've learned. The repetition you get helps with memorizing the vocab. I want to continue learning with Yonsei University!! Thank you for your lessons!

By Sabeur s

Sep 13, 2020

The course is well structured. the videos are interesting and well explained.The lecture notes are so helpful and easy to understand, the same goes for with the workbook. the perfect course for a beginner. I really recommend it.

By Tisha S

Aug 09, 2020

I enjoyed this course so much. It taught me a lot! The modules are very useful for a foreigner like me, especially when visiting South Korea. I truly recommend this course and hope to learn more about their language and culture.

By Ashwini.R

Jun 29, 2020

I am really glad having taken this course . The professor has done a great job in making these videos including the demos by the students of Yonsei University. Go for it guys its a package of real fun, knowledge and experience .

By Basant B M

Aug 30, 2020

It was so helpfull and our dear professor makes everything looks easier to understand , she is an amazing person and teacher.. I thank her from the bottom of my heart and I'm looking forward to have the next course with her ^^

By Sophia C

Aug 07, 2020

The teacher explains herself so good, so I am able to understand the course. Now I am able to speak more confident this language.But, the course is too short and you should add a low intermediate course and so on until advance.

By Muzaffar M

May 22, 2020

Thank you for the fruitful and significant content for my very first Korean language course. I am very satisfied with the learning modules and promise myself to learn more. Thank you again, very helpful and truly appreciate it.

By Alejandra E L

Jun 04, 2017

Ha sido una experiencia muy grata aprender mediante este curso, duro tan poco y aprendí tanto... Sin duda alguna he ampliado mucho más mi vocabulario, y creo que ya puedo decir que estoy lista para ir a Corea. ¡Muchas gracias!

By AISHA K A

Oct 26, 2019

I think this is a great course. I learnt a lot from here , I already knew a bit of Korean but this course just strengthened my knowledge. It was worth it and the teacher is very friendly...I definitely made the right choice!!!

By Georgina M L M

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course !!! I appreciate the time and work invested by all the participants in preparing and presenting the course. I wish they can continue the courses. Excellent work and a big thanks to Yonsei University. 감사합니다!!!

By Yupar L

Oct 26, 2020

I've learned this course, this course is the most effective for me.I've known Korean grammar more and more. And then,professor teach Korean language with english speaking carefully. I love this course and Yonsei University.