Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM
Jun 28, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

S
Sep 26, 2020

I liked this course very much .Content was very useful, understandable and will be definitely helpful for me in future 😀💜.It was fun, learning with such an amazing tutor miss.Sang Mee Han thank you.

51 - 75 of 1,488 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Anahita S

Nov 16, 2020

Great course if you want to be conversational in Korean. The selection of topics and related vocabulary is ideal for anyone who wants to pick up a few beginner phrases. The structure of the course is very well- rounded and each lesson ensures a comprehensive learning experience. Really appreciate the provision of lecture notes as well as vocabulary lists at the end of every week.

By AKSHATA D

Jun 21, 2020

I loved the course, Its really very much helpful for an International Student like me who was actually truly at a zero level of this language, but, due to help of this course and the previous course (Beginner's Course), I can atleast try to read, understand and speak little bit of Korean Language, it really helped me a lot. Looking further to learn more now...!!! Thank you...!!!

By Juan S S A

Oct 1, 2017

Amazing course,

Based on daily experiences and made with the participation of students, the course has a practical approach to tech vocabulary, grammar structures and useful Korean expressions used in daily life. The teacher is excellent and the structure if nice to ensure content comprehension.

Highly recommended for everyone who is starting in Korean and already knows Hangeul.

By Cat M

Nov 19, 2016

Great course, especially if you are already familiar with most of the sentence structures and need a course to progress with your sentence building. This helped me hear and repeat sentences so I could practice my speaking and listening skills. The audio for the "real life situation" videos was poor and they spoke very fast but other than that I learned a lot from the course.

By Maria J M y T L

Aug 15, 2016

I see a lot of progress compared with the last course and I really like it so far. The teacher is really calm and easy going and I totally love how the foreing students appear in the videos because it gives me courage that I can do better and that it doesn't matter where I'm from I can still learn the Language!

Thank you for this new Korean course I hope it won't be the last!

By Susan S

Oct 18, 2020

It is a very helpful course that allows its students to learn new vocabulary, grammar, and speaking skills in each module. The methodology and the way the lessons are set up for each student to feel comfortable while speaking and reading Korean is my favorite part. I am deeply satisfied with the results I achieved. I can not wait to keep learning this astounding language.

By Abigail

Jun 20, 2020

I really liked this course. It was informative, structured and easy to understand. The lessons break down the basic vocabulary and grammar needed to have a simple conversation in Korean. The lessons may seem quite slow, but I find it necessary to ensure that we can understand the material fully. Overall, I found this course to be extremely helpful and useful. Thank you! :)

By Neila A

Oct 10, 2020

The course exceeded my expectations in terms of the objectives set. It is of great help for a tourist or for those who plan a short stay in Korea. You become familiar with cultural elements such as gastronomy and some places in that beautiful country. I would like you to offer a continuation of the course.

Thank you for the dedication of Professor Sang Mee Han

고맙습니다

By Khajal K S

Sep 5, 2020

it is a really immersive experience. and easy to follow. but I hope they can make the graded test of a higher level and comprise everything that we learnt into it instead of just giving 5 questions. I also hope that the workbooks would have more practice questions. as well as the transcripts for the dialogues in the ending scenes to be added into the reading notes

By Beshayer A

Apr 29, 2017

excellent course! they teach you all the terms and sentences you need to know either as a beginner learning Korean or if you're planning to travel there. In addition to the video lessons, lecture notes and homework are also provided for extra practice! Definitely recommend this course to anyone thinking of learning Korea! Thank you very much for this course 10/10!

By Diana B

Aug 17, 2020

I am very happy to be part of this online class, I want to thank first coursera for giving me a chance to study this course, It helps me Learn to Speak Korean for real😊. I've learned a lot. Thank you very much also to professor Sang Mee Han for teaching us, I'm gonna missed you. Your a very good teacher. Thank you very much. I highly recommended this course.

By Anna B

May 7, 2020

Very clear structure, nice way of presenting and focussed on every day topics. I also enjoyed the feature of the international students, because it takes away the fear of having a weird accent. It helps to see them mastering it and gives an additional boost in motivation.

A follow up course for further improvement of one's Korean skills would be nice!

By adee

Oct 7, 2016

A very nice introduction to Korean; I've been self-studying on and off for a year, but never anything too structured, so I was a little unsure of how the beginning steps would be broken down, but the lessons flowed amazingly smooth and really gave a lot of useful grammar information and vocabulary right off the bat. Extremely pleased by the course!

By Ngan N

Sep 11, 2017

This course is excellent. It helps me know more about Korean and especially it covers all 4 skills. I really love listening to the conversation between foreign students which improves my listening skill a lot. The staff is very friendly and helpful, too. I hope that there will be more Korean courses like this in the near future! Thank you so much!

By Amnuaysak T

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you very much Professor Sang Mee Han and your staff concerned to make this course available to people who want to learn Korean language. The lay out of the course content, time required for each module is good and practical to learners. The professor herself is good.

Thank you Yonsei University and all the people concerned of this course.

By Lacanienta, K M

Thank you so much for the wonderful course! I truly learned a lot from the repetitive dialogues, vocabulary and grammar lessons. Practicing the videos and reading materials could help me in my pronounciation and in reading faster. I hope there’s a continuation to this course where I could further enhance my Korean Language skills. Thank you!

By MarianaS

May 13, 2020

Un curso fácil de llevar, con explicaciones completas y de fácil entendimiento. Si estudiaste hace tiempo, sirve como un buen reforzamiento y aprendizaje de nuevo vocabulario. Gracias por tener este curso disponible, quedo encantada y muy agradecida con la universidad, maestra y alumnos que elaboran y participan para el desarrollo del curso.

By Sebastian S

Sep 4, 2018

This is a really amazing Course.

(Learn to Speak Korean 1) made me so confident with my Basic Korean skills that I decided to talk to people in Korean. The people that live in Korea say that my Korean is pretty good, and I am able to create my own sentences with the help of an online dictionary.

If you keep going, you will be able to go far.

By Patrick Z

Jul 29, 2020

This course helped me improve my Korean after I took Yonsei University's First Step Korean course with professor Seung Hae Kang. It's easy to follow and it's very organized! Thank you Professor Sang Mee Han and Yonsei University for providing a great Korean language course and I hope you will consider adding more Korean langauge courses.

By Laura M

Dec 1, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. I love the way it has many interactive sources of learning. From videos, to notes, to practice questions then quizes. The lecturer and students were also really amazing, they definitely made the learning experience even easier. I would definitely take another course from here given the chance. 감사 합니 다 !!😊😊

By Karla L T C

Aug 19, 2019

El curso fue preciso con los temas y didáctico por lo cual aprendí mucho y me siento más segura al comunicarme en coreano. Me encantaría que hubiese la continuación del curso para así aprender más y reforzar lo aprendido hasta ahora. La profesora fue muy clara con las lecciones. Muchas gracias a la Universidad de Yonsei por este curso.

By Daniel F

Aug 11, 2016

In order to take this course, you need to have a basic understanding of Korean and its writing system.

This course met all my expectations and I am truly thankful for such an amazing resource. The way the course is organized allows for the material to build upon previous covered subjects and this reinforces what has already been learned.

By Aldo S C E

Oct 5, 2019

This is a very good course because it has a very well structured plan to teach the topics little by little. Thanks to this course, I have learnt various topics related to Korean syntax, phonology, and vocabulary at the same time, so I think it is recommendable for all those who already know "hangeul" and want to learn Korean properly.