Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM
Jun 28, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

S
Sep 26, 2020

I liked this course very much .Content was very useful, understandable and will be definitely helpful for me in future 😀💜.It was fun, learning with such an amazing tutor miss.Sang Mee Han thank you.

1251 - 1275 of 1,384 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Saida S

Nov 25, 2020

cool

By PREM N N I - 2 B

Nov 11, 2020

Good

By 陳亦萱

Oct 15, 2020

good

By THIMMASANI G R C S - 2 B

Sep 16, 2020

good

By Vaigai S

Sep 14, 2020

good

By Dharani. G

Sep 14, 2020

Good

By Ganesh k r

Sep 8, 2020

best

By Mamadiyev T T O

Jul 27, 2020

best

By Onuma

Jul 12, 2020

Good

By Nutnicha P

Jun 29, 2020

GOOD

By S. S

Jun 18, 2020

GOOD

By Daniel E

Aug 13, 2016

Jun 19, 2017

V

By María G R

Jun 20, 2017

Excelente para principiantes. Muchas gracias por todo su trabajo, de verdad este curso fue de mucho provecho para mí. Sólo quería sugerir lo siguiente: me parece muy bien que participen estudiantes extranjeros, pero creo sería mejor si en la mayoría de las situaciones participaran más coreanos, de manera que podamos acostumbrar el oído a la pronunciación de los nativos del idioma. Por otra parte, creo que sería muy útil si existieran vídeos adicionales (de corta duración) sobre algunos temas importantes sobre la cultura coreana. De nuevo, ¡muchas gracias!

By Briukhov I

May 4, 2020

Very interesting course for learning Korean language. Lessons are well-made and prepared. Main drawback is speaking parts - where foreign students make dialogues. They were too quiet so it was hard to understand and I had to add volume. Also their accents made it harder to distinguish what they said. I suppose inviting Korean students for Speaking and Dialogue parts would be more useful for beginners. All in all, I really liked this course, even-though I'm not a beginner already, it was beneficial to refresh basic skills and knowledge.

By Muneeba K

Aug 25, 2020

Coursera is very helpful to achieve my ''study goals'' in these COVID-19 days all students have hard time.So, learning online is better way without wasting time and i'm very confidence to succsesfully learn Speak Korean 1. This course sort out so many Pronunciation, grammer mistakes. Now, i am able to better understand the korean language and culture. After i complete this course i realize that Korean Grammer pattern is so easy as compair to English Grammer.

By Caitlin H

Apr 15, 2019

Really great overview of basic conversations in Korean! I'm eagerly waiting for Part 2 (like many others). The integration of new vocabulary, grammar concepts, and course flow was really well done. My one complaint is that I wish the worksheets and quizzes were a little more difficult. But otherwise, I think the course was great! I'd definitely recommend checking out the Quizlet sets one of the mentors put together! That really helped me with vocabulary!

By Ange C

Dec 10, 2017

Some parts of the course may be a bit too slow, but I liked that I can speed it up by controlling the speed of the video. However, conversations can be a little too fast to follow.

I feel that this is a good supplementary lesson for people who are already taking korean lessons, or already know some basics. By itself, I would think the course materials would be a little hard to follow. The difficulty level is not really for beginners.

By Lee L

Oct 15, 2017

I took this course as a refresher and someone who studied Korean in Seoul for several months. I would suggest this course to anyone who has a basic understanding of the grammar and pronunciation rules. I would, however, remind students that this format is not the most conducive to learning a language and I would highly suggest registering only if you have another outlet, such as through meetup or online discussion forums.