Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM
Jun 28, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

S
Sep 26, 2020

I liked this course very much .Content was very useful, understandable and will be definitely helpful for me in future 😀💜.It was fun, learning with such an amazing tutor miss.Sang Mee Han thank you.

126 - 150 of 1,488 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Sofya J R

This course is excellent! I have learned a lot and improved my Korean as well. The professor was great and the lessons are well curated, also it's easy to manage with my busy schedule. I really enjoyed every bit of this course even though it's a little bit challenging at first.

By Stephanie L

Jan 19, 2017

I liked the way the lectures were organized and the way the instructor presented the material!

My only complaint is that I wish it was longer and had more indepth reading material and examples. More difficult weekly quizzes would also be helpful. Thank you for these lessons! :)

By Jessica L H d S

Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course! The classes shows how to speak correctly in a daily situation such as going to shop or to a restaurant. The professor teaches in a way we all can understand perfectly. Can't wait to start practicing everything I learned here! Absolutely recommend this course!

By Juncal E

Oct 24, 2017

This course is very easy to follow! :) I really liked the fact that the topics are focused on daily life situations. However I would improve the quizzes (not very challenging), and the workbook exercises! Thank you for such an interesting course! I learnt so much in a fun way!

By Carmela G V

Oct 1, 2020

It was a great opportunity for me to take free online class to your prestigous University and indeed it was one of my dreams to learn Korean to a Korean School, it was also my dream to pursue my korean language. Thank you for this wondeful opportunity. 도와주셔서 감사함니다 <3 건강하세요.

By Jackie L

I've learned Korean when I was in college 10 years ago. Recently, I picked up Korean once again through this course during the corona-virus self-quarantine days. I find it very useful and hopefully, but the exercise is far too easy for someone who has learned Korean before.

By Jeanne T

Nov 18, 2020

I've been studying Korean with an online tutor for 2 months now and I added this course as a learning supplement. It's been relatively easy to understand and fairly enjoyable as well. I learned a lot for sure. If they had a paid version online I would definitely go for it.

By Nivethitha B A

Jul 2, 2020

I don't have a Korean keyboard or else typed it out in Korean. I enjoyed the course a lot. So easy to understand and so engaging. It would be really nice if Yonsei university updates many such courses. I am so much thankful to the course instructor for teaching so clearly.

By Stiven S

Nov 13, 2018

Es un curso muy productivo y provechoso te brinda de una forma fácil bases para poder manejar el idioma coreano con respeto a ciertas situaciones del diario vivir. Ademas nos brinda diferentes ayudas las cuales son provechosas dentro del curso y fuera del el.

MUCHAS GRACIAS

By Cindy A H H

Nov 8, 2020

Un curso excepcional, adaptado para aprender fácilmente sobre el idioma coreano. Seis semanas de constante aprendizaje y lo mejor es que hay subtítulos en español y en otros idiomas también.

¡Mil gracias por todo el conocimiento adquirido! ¡Mil gracias por la oportunidad!

By Oriana P

Sep 6, 2020

Este curso es de gran ayuda, siento que puedo desenvolverme más en el coreano. Los videos de conversaciones de los estudiantes ayuda mucho como ejemplo, tanto para poder tener fluidez, como para practicar el audio. Espero poder seguir viendo más cursos como este.

고맙습니다!

By Ankita P

Oct 28, 2020

This course, along with the Basic Korean course from Yonsei University has greatly helped me with my confidence in learning the language. I sincerely hope there is more content to come. This course has been tremendously helpful! I am certainly recommending it to people.

By Gpe.yazmin Q

May 1, 2017

amo este curso realmente me esta ayudando mucho al aprendizaje de la lengua coreana, espero que puedan seguir apoyando con cursos siguientes en verdad me encantaria poder tener un alto nivel de conocimiento sobre este idioma, gracias a todos los que hacen posible esto.

By Emily R

Oct 17, 2016

This course was incredibly helpful in learning new vocabulary and phrases in Korean. It was practical and laid out in a manner which was very effective and has been immediately useful in my daily life here in South Korea. I hope you will offer more courses such as this.

By Lesley P

Sep 17, 2017

Very happy with this course. Just the right bite sizes to learn something new every day. The teacher was very clear in explanation. The use of students in videos was great. I felt much more confident than in a physical class where others were faster or noisier than me!

By Aditya D

An amazing tutorial on enriching your Korean Vocabulary and learning to interact with others in ubiquitous situations. Professor Sang Mee Han is an excellent teacher, explaining each aspect carefully along with giving time for self practise. Glad to have completed it.

By Deniece T

Jan 18, 2018

Very practical class and provides an easy structure for students of all learning paces to understand how to speak & use the language. Examples and vocabulary list are very helpful. Would recommend beginners and even more intermediate students to check this course out.

By Aydana N M

Nov 15, 2020

Es muy completo, al principio pensé que se me dificultaría, pero no fue así, la profesora es muy buena dando explicaciones, se enfocan mucho en el aprendizaje profundo y pronunciación, siento que aprendí mucho y más aquí en coursera, gracias por la oportunidad, 감사합니다

By Justine T

Sep 28, 2020

It was a great experience. Professor Sang Mee Han taught me a lot. The course improved my prior knowledge about the Korean Language. I hope to improve more with the help of Coursera and Yonsei University. I'm looking forward to the next course in the Korean Language.

By Rafael B d P O

Jul 2, 2020

Really funcional course, i like every minute and i gonna miss the teacher and yours helpfull students. I'm from Brazil and know just the basic of english, the speach of teacher is soo clear, i understood every thing and a gonna keep pratice. Thank you for the content

By Kherem R

Nov 23, 2020

Es realmente factible este curso, te enseña tanto gramática como diálogos básicos en Idioma Coreano. Te da tantas posibilidades de aprendizaje, que resulta difícil elegir. Aprender en este curso me llenó de tantas metas, que gracias a lo aprendido empezare a trazar.

By Fiorella M

Jan 14, 2021

Las explicaciones son claras y con muchos ejemplos, por lo que es bastante fácil de comprender y de recordar. Se practica bastante con los ejercicios escritos y también las prácticas de habla y comprensión en los videos. Un curso genial con contenido básico amplio.

By SITI N A B A

Oct 6, 2020

I started the class with an intermediate knowledge on Hangul which I studied by myself for quite some time. With Yonsei Korean Class, I started to learn and improve my grammatical skills and preposition notions. Thank you Yonsei University for the class.

정말로 감사함니다~

By Devangshi D

Jul 13, 2020

This course is a perfect blend of grammar, speaking, and worksheets, thereby encompassing every method of language comprehension. It provides a very strong foundation for those who wish to study Korean in depth. I am extremely glad that I chose to take this course.

By Aung M K

Jul 7, 2017

Extremely helpful course with very clear explanations and great class materials. The dialogues by the international students and the vocabulary lists are absolutely my favorite. You will do fine as long as you have studied how to read and write basic hangul before.