Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

1276 - 1300 of 1,462 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Gjhosh Z

Jun 22, 2017

Good started for learning python fundamental, very recommended for a new programmer who start want to learn Python. Thanks you for the course

By Muhammad N

Apr 3, 2020

Such a wonderful course, it helps the students to understand the concepts of programming and with many quizzes to help them apply the ideas.

By Lance W

Jul 28, 2017

Good introduction to computer programming. If you already know a language, skip this course, if you don't then this is a great start point.

By Olesia H

May 5, 2017

Thanks for this course,

Well presented material for study and understandably explained in the video. Bit I'd like more exercises and tests.

By Jessica M

Jul 21, 2017

the content was good. I found it helpful. The audio quality was a little distracting and made it difficult to follow some of the lectures.

By Harry Y

Jul 28, 2019

The video quality can still be improved, and more feedback can be given on homework and quizzes.

Otherwise, a great course for beginners.

By kombo a m

Aug 18, 2020

I like the way the instructors deliver the content, step by step poo-a-poco which made it easy to understand even for beginners like me

By Tychinin N

Dec 30, 2019

This course is good enough to start learning python! I've enjoyed learning language during the course. Thanks a lot for the developers!

By Fady S

Sep 12, 2019

it was a very good source for me as a beginner. the sequence also motivated me to keep going week after week. thanks for your efforts

By Katayoon S m

Aug 27, 2019

up to week six was good, but then I got lost. I think the instructors should explain the week six material better and go to details.

By Dominique D

Jan 2, 2018

The course was very informative and interesting. It taught me a lot about the fundamentals of Python and I really enjoyed the class.

By Arvinder P S

Apr 8, 2018

This is a fantastic course specially for beginners. Tutors are highly skilled and clears (nearly) all doubts about Python basics.

By Manfred D

Mar 25, 2021

pro: gute Themenauswahl und Beispiele

con: teilweise schlechtes Audio und Fragestellungen in Test teilweise nicht gut verständlich

By Preston B

Sep 20, 2020

A good start, it shows where you can go deeper without overwhelming you. Some parts could be explained a bit more clearly though

By Jorge S

Jun 15, 2020

I feel like the way the questions in tests are explained could be better. I'd say the same thing for some parts of the projects.

By Gabriel E

Jan 3, 2021

Nice flow of the topics. Clear explanations. More examples or a booklet with exercises and examples would be a nice complement.

By Ganesh V

Feb 24, 2017

This is a great course for beginners . If you can spend more time after the second week, you will get best out of the course .

By Andreea U

Feb 12, 2020

Very good balance between giving clues and leaving the student figure out the solution. A good introduction to programming.

By Mohamed E

Oct 13, 2019

i actually enjoyed the course, especially the final exam when my gf came and prayed that i solve it, and guess what? i did!

Mar 7, 2018

If you want to start the python from basic, then this is the right platform.There are lots of fun in the course assignment

By Preeti I K

Jul 25, 2020

It's very useful for this lockdown period it will be helpful so thank you for Coursera for this opportunity ..thankyou .

By Balaji G

Mar 3, 2018

Excellent introduction to Python . Instructors have a very good technique for explaining complex topics in a simple way

By Álvaro C R

May 27, 2017

Good course in general, some of the descriptions of the functions to complete in assignments and exams were confusing.

By RaviTeja N

Dec 11, 2016

This course is very good for the beginners but the last two weeks lack some content which is required for the quizzes.

By Tan W Y

Sep 19, 2017

will be great to introduce other useful operators such as += etc. also, will be great if can teach the basic of OOP.