Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

CV
Nov 16, 2017

This is a introductory course i would recommend. I especially liked that the instructors took the time to go through the python visualizer and try to unveil some of the background workings in python.

201 - 225 of 1,397 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Darren B

Feb 13, 2017

This course taught me a lot and I am now on my way to learn advance Python. I am really happy I saw this course and took it. I am looking forward to more courses in this category from the University of Toronto. Thanks for this excellent course!

By Lance K

Apr 10, 2020

Great course for beginners! I had a minimum of experience prior to this, and I was cruising through the final exam by the end. Great balance of increasing difficulty vs accessibility. Highly recommend as a place to start your Python journey.

By Nitin C

Jun 7, 2017

The best thing about this course is it starts with the basics and goes to just the right depth that a beginner who is serious about getting into programming needs. The content is one of the best introductions to Python that I have come across.

By Стрельникова К С

Jun 11, 2018

This is a great course for beginners. It gives you a glimpse into Python's syntaxis and its functions. It is enought to understand if you want to continue to learn Python in the future. The tasks are challenging enough if you are a beginner.

By Edgar L V

Aug 17, 2017

I had many "Intro to Programming in Python" options, and this one really helped me "break the ice". I am already recommending it to friends and I'll keep doing it to everyone I meet that is interested in initiating programming. Great course!

By Tianyue F

Jan 25, 2017

It's very fundamental and easy to understand. If you have no knowledge of programming, I strongly recommend you this course. However, if you have some basic knowledge of whatever programming language, the course may be a little bit simple.

By Miguel A S F

Jul 15, 2019

I think this is a very good course. detailed enough and with good examples. I also think that it is very good to have some assignments to do additionally, I'm currently on the first one but this is very helpful to practice the learning.

By Waldo A F d A

Jan 7, 2018

Great content, great classes. I am glad that, in just a couple of weeks, I can consider myself enable to create my own math/finance programmes, based only on the vast content that these 7w-classes presented. Congratulations to UoT team.

By John O

May 16, 2020

I found the course very useful, the programming exercises and the multiple choice quizzes were challenging but not too much so, and forced me to open up python and try to work out code and refer back to lectures/notes to figure it out.

By Lesly O

Sep 28, 2016

El empezar esta curso me ha hecho comprender mejor la programación, siendo este con un poco de una clase muy bueno, la verdad siento que estoy aprendiendo mucho, y creo que la forma de enseñanza de los maestros es muy clara y concisa.

By Oscar D

Jul 31, 2019

Really loved this course. It was very systematic. The explanations were very clear. It was challenging at moments, but never frustrating. Many thanks to the instructors for putting this together and making it available for free.

By Hassan Y

Jul 14, 2019

An excellent starting point for anyone looking to learn Python. The videos are clear and concise. I wish there were more exercises and the grading system for assignments was better. Overall, worth the time and would recommend 10/10!

By Anton M

Mar 4, 2018

Coming from trade with very little programming, this course brought me up to speed on the fundamentals. Thank you to the amazing teachers, I was able to understand and apply the topics that I have learned in my occupation. Thanks!

By Ruth F

Sep 10, 2020

Excellent presentation of material and comprehensive / prompt assistance through the discussion forum. I was pleasantly surprised that much of what I learned applies to other programming languages and general problem solving.

By Michelle

Jul 19, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. I was able to do it in my own pace. There was an appropriate amount of time given to complete assignments and lessons. Profs were clear. Course provided lots of resources that were very helpful!

By Neha

This course is easy and fun way to learn coding. The assignments given in the course touch base each component which you learn week by week. It also helped me build my confidence that coding isn't that difficult.

Thank you.

By Fernando M

Mar 28, 2018

The best curse about programming that I've ever done. This course helped me to really understand for the very first time the essentials of programming. It's worth every second of your time and energy that you invest in it.

By Kevan I

Jul 14, 2017

Excellent course that goes through the basics of Python, as advertised. I personally used the course to refresh my knowledge of Python, but the course is also well-suited for beginners with no prior programming experience.

By Emmanuel L

Nov 17, 2017

It was hard as hell. I think that working a full-time job and doing this simultaneously provided a big challenge over 7 weeks. I REALLY appreciate that extra week to submit everything. Would not have made it without that!

By Levent K

Sep 21, 2017

It's a great course. Thank you professors! A small warning for learners: Prior coding experience is very helpful. Otherwise, this course may take lots of your time. I think it's a great course for some language to python.

By Noora

Aug 10, 2017

Incredible for someone like myself with next to nothing programming skills. I highly recommend this for anyone looking to understand python. I especially thank the mentors for their tireless help on the discussion forums!

By Behzi

Apr 19, 2020

I am really thankful for this very well designed course. It is a great course as the first step into python and data science and I really appreciate the Coursera platform for providing the opportunity of self-education.

By Jean-Bernard G

Apr 26, 2017

Very clear, and non-intimidating introduction for somebody who had never been exposed to programming before.

I feel I am now equipped with some fundamental concepts, and a concrete understanding of how programming works.