Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

JR

Mar 07, 2019

This course was eye-opening. I learned so many great techniques that I can immediately incorporate into my daily life. Thank you so much to the creators of this course for such invaluable information.

VM

Jun 29, 2017

I don't write reviews very much so i will be brief.Taking out time for this course will be the best investment in your life. Wonderful ,helpful , Useful , Insightful , it's full of everything desired.

126 - 150 of 13,148 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Zach H

Jan 14, 2019

This course does something that I think every education system should use as a hard foundation to their teaching philosophy, it teaches people how to learn effectively and efficiently. It is incredibly frustrating that in my 18+ years as a student through primary education and on to graduate levels, I was never meaningfully taught how to study for myself but this course has done an outstanding job of doing just that. This should be required learning for every education system.

By Juan C H V

Jan 15, 2019

Debo decir que es un excelente curso, con dos excelentes profesores.

By Eugene C

Jan 15, 2019

Fun class; thanks for the info :-)

By Ibrahim B

Amazing and to useful

Thanks

By Abhishek S

Jan 16, 2019

A great learning experience. Methods and techniques to learning and retaining what you leaned is very beautifully explained. This course should be a mandatory part in curriculum of of students.

By Charles C

Jan 14, 2019

I have learnt a lot of great ideas from this course.Thank two professors and many great people for great job.

By Kincso B

Excellent course.

By Wesley H B

Jan 17, 2019

I believe everyone that is not familiar with the ideas in this course should take this. It is helpful for everything you do in life basically. It provides very practical tips and tricks while at the same time explaining the science behind them.

By mehran s

Jan 18, 2019

This course causes me to change my whole thinking about myself and possibilities that i can reach in my life.

This course teach, you can learn everything you want so you can be everything you want to be.

By Himanshu S

Jan 18, 2019

This is the first course you should do from Coursera and probably before you start your college education. Gets you prepped up for the long run.

By Catalina S B

The Best Course and the best and wisest teacher

By Natalia R

Jan 18, 2019

I was profoundly impressed by this course presented by these two amazing and interesting individuals who spent their time and energy on helping others to improve their learning skills! Barbara Oakley is a masterful story teller, - so engaging! Her kindness and good nature shine through in her narrative. Thank you so much!

By Luyen D T

Jan 18, 2019

Helpful and Great course! Thank Dr. Barbara Oakley and Dr. Terrence Sejnowski so much!

By Honeya O

Jan 17, 2019

One of the most important courses I've ever taken... and I've already recommended this to nearly a dozen people.

I strongly feel this should be a mandatory prerequisite at every stage of formalized education (middle-school, high school, college, grad school, etc...)

By hamza l

Jan 16, 2019

life changing

By Haruna B

Jan 17, 2019

Great Course! Worth every second! Everyone should take it, a good review for those who already know and an invaluable resource for those who don't. Presentation is simple and easy to understand.

By Colin B

Jan 17, 2019

Truly informative and transformative! Thank you.

By Alex I M C

Jan 18, 2019

Love you guys! Thank you for everything. It has been a pleasure!

By LOU C

Jan 18, 2019

I have learnt effectively methods to learn!

By Anita K

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you so much Barbara and Terry!!! I enjoyed taking this class and I look forward to apply these techniques to my learning and future adventures.

By Anupama M P

Jan 30, 2019

Loved this course! Very helpful for people (like me) who want to stop procrastinating! Shows you how to change your thinking that has a positive impact on how to use your time efficiently. Would recommend 100%!

Jan 30, 2019

This is very useful course, with plenty good advices. I hope I'll follow all of them and it helps me in my learning routine:)

By Okie