Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

RA

Jul 15, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

RA

Aug 10, 2020

It's very well designed. I'm thankful to the creators of this course at Arizona State University and I'm thankful to Coursera for making it so easy for us. Thank you guys for your time and efforts.

101 - 125 of 767 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By CARLOS M P A

Feb 23, 2016

I certainly I would encourage and recommend the TESOL specialization at Arizona State University to anyone that approach to me and is willing to improve his/her knowledge and teaching skills.

By Shirlei S G

Mar 30, 2016

In my opinion this course was easy to undertand, not because the concepts are easy, but because of the methodoly used by the teachers. That made the concepts more acessible to me and others.

By Olha S

Sep 15, 2020

This course was a great of help for me as an English teacher. I was provided with so much valuable information on how to improve language teaching and make it more digestible for learners.

By Anas T M

This is a great course. I learned about lesson planning step by step. I am sure this will be of great help for me in my career as a novice teacher. Thanks for those who made it possible!

By Eric T M

Aug 24, 2017

I love how the course breaks down teaching principles in simple terms and illustrations demonstrating the summation of all the theories learned on teaching English as a Second Language.

By Mardonova D A q

Oct 20, 2020

This is really great course. I learnt a lot of methods and teaching techniques with this course. Thank you all for your great work like helping English teachers from all over the world

By Oscar J B C

Jul 23, 2020

A good and useful course in the dynamics of teaching English and planning lessons. Well explained and with excellent instructors and above all very practical. I enjoyed it very much.

By JULEIME L B

Jun 19, 2018

Excellent Course I really learned so much how to dessign a lesson and how to add theory principles to my daily practice in the classroom. Thank you so much Coursera and my Instructors.

By Vielka O

Sep 25, 2020

It was a fantastic experience for me. I really liked the teachers, they know how to engage students. Now I have new knowledge in design and assessment to apply in my job as teacher.

By Ghassan A H

Sep 22, 2017

FIVE STAR COURSE. Thank you Dr. Shane Dixon and Jessica Cinco for this fantastic course and interesting presentation, I recommend and advise all ESL/ EFL teachers to join the course.

By Roman S

Oct 20, 2018

I am very much thankful to all the team that has made this course available and want to give specific thanks to brilliant "Jill and Jack" as well as to all the "sample" teachers.

By Isaac V F

Sep 26, 2016

I really delight in doing this courses, I think they are amazing for new teachers, but also a very good refreshment of good practices (best practices) for experienced teachers.

By Cerise A

Apr 13, 2020

Thorough, informative, and easy to follow. I'd recommend this course, the TESOL specialisation as a whole to all teachers. It looks at Education in a modern, accessible light.

By Coral S H C

Apr 02, 2019

Actually this course was really hard hard work, and all that work was an excellent investment in my future. I really learnt something. Thank you Coursera for this opportunity!

By Keishia S

Jan 16, 2019

This course was a bit of a challenge compared to the last one. It requires you to watch videos multiple times and really pay attention. I enjoyed the work and lesson planning.

By Prasolova S I

Mar 08, 2016

This has been very helpful course for me as a beginner teacher. I have see so much "MUD" information to use in my future class. Thank you very much. You are doing great job!!!

By Jinhe Z

Aug 27, 2018

This course is very useful, I learned a lot about how to design a class and how to do the evaluation during or after the class. Thanks for interesting and specific teaching.

By Ayman M

Oct 12, 2017

This course is very useful and wonderful really. I learned many new things related to lesson plan. I really thank Dr. Shane, Jessica and everyone who is running this course.

By William L S Z

Aug 08, 2020

Simply amazing, this is the best course I have ever taken, and I have already taken a lot of them here and in other platforms but tue quality of this course is really high.

By Muslim M A

Aug 19, 2020

This course made me a more informed and confident teacher in the aspect of lessons planning and design. This course is obviously one of the best courses offered by course.

By Marjorie B M E

Aug 20, 2017

I enjoyed and even looked forward to the videos. They were enjoyable to watch and I found that the teaching methods were in line with my philosophy of teaching. Thank you!

By Jestoni E S

May 04, 2020

I learned so much in preparing and making a lesson plan, and creating a measurable and effective assessment. It's simple but its strengths lie in its simplicity! Thanks!

By Adriana G

Sep 04, 2017

It was excellent ! The materials and instructors were clear. Very creative, as always. It was a little more challenging than the previous ones. I certainly recommend it.

By Justin I R

Aug 19, 2017

This course was great at teaching the realities of everyday teaching. It was very helpful to know the history of different teaching techniques before taking this class.

By Yasmeen R K

Jun 12, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me which taught me a lot. Thanks for this amazing community. Thanks, Arizona University for this amazing effort, and Thanks Coursera!