Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

RA
Jul 14, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

AI
Jan 5, 2021

It's very well designed. I'm thankful to the creators of this course at Arizona State University and I'm thankful to Coursera for making it so easy for us. Thank you guys for your time and efforts.

101 - 125 of 825 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Francisca R R

Jan 17, 2018

Excelente curso. Sin duda alguna los contenidos y las actividades presentadas son fundamentales para un buen trabajo pedagógico. Además, el curso es organizado, claro y divertido. ¡Simplemente espectacular!

By Asha J

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for this excellent course. I enjoyed every part of it. I learnt new skills especially activities and while planning a lesson for EAL students. Instructors did a wonderful job. I was never bored.

By Evgeniya T

Aug 22, 2016

Great Course! I am learning a lot. The course material is represented very well in an interesting and engaging way. I am recommending it to anyone who wants to become a great language teacher! Thank you!

By Jana V

Aug 28, 2017

I strongly recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach (not only) languages as well as to anyone who has some teaching experience and needs to " push themselves forward". Thanks a lot !!! Jana

By Paloma V G

Mar 16, 2019

This is an awesome course, like all the previous ones!! This experience is being super important to me and my professional development, since TESOL is the area I am planning to follow for my career!

By Bonnita B

Jul 30, 2020

I am enjoying these courses and learning more than I did going to classes in person when I reviewed my degree. This is the same information presented in a much more understandable way. Thank you!

By Deeksha s

Oct 16, 2020

The course has taught me the importance of Lesson Plan. Through this course, I learnt how vital is alignment in the Plan to achieve the goal. I would recommend every teacher to take this course.

By Alberto L A

Aug 20, 2019

This course is excellent from any point of view. Instructors are absolutely fantastic and very professional. I higly recommend it if you want to be an English teacher with a TESOL certification.

By Irina S

Dec 27, 2016

This was a really great and well-structured course on designing lessons! The instructions were very clear and quizzes and assignments made me think and analyize, I felt very involved. Thank you!

By Cristina S

Oct 19, 2020

A fabulous course about writing objectives and aligning objectives, learning activities, and objectives.

It is so hard to do this correctly and the course explains how.

Cristina Stern

By CARLOS M P A

Feb 22, 2016

I certainly I would encourage and recommend the TESOL specialization at Arizona State University to anyone that approach to me and is willing to improve his/her knowledge and teaching skills.

By Shirlei S G

Mar 30, 2016

In my opinion this course was easy to undertand, not because the concepts are easy, but because of the methodoly used by the teachers. That made the concepts more acessible to me and others.

By Olha S

Sep 15, 2020

This course was a great of help for me as an English teacher. I was provided with so much valuable information on how to improve language teaching and make it more digestible for learners.

By Kumiko M

Jan 20, 2021

Clear and explicit explanations and instructions on each step of lesson planning. Viewing the examples from teachers in this course was an excellent way to assess my own teaching skills.

By Anas T M

This is a great course. I learned about lesson planning step by step. I am sure this will be of great help for me in my career as a novice teacher. Thanks for those who made it possible!

By Eric T M

Aug 24, 2017

I love how the course breaks down teaching principles in simple terms and illustrations demonstrating the summation of all the theories learned on teaching English as a Second Language.

By Mardonova D A q

Oct 20, 2020

This is really great course. I learnt a lot of methods and teaching techniques with this course. Thank you all for your great work like helping English teachers from all over the world

By Oscar J B C

Jul 23, 2020

A good and useful course in the dynamics of teaching English and planning lessons. Well explained and with excellent instructors and above all very practical. I enjoyed it very much.

By JULEIME L B

Jun 19, 2018

Excellent Course I really learned so much how to dessign a lesson and how to add theory principles to my daily practice in the classroom. Thank you so much Coursera and my Instructors.

By Vielka O

Sep 25, 2020

It was a fantastic experience for me. I really liked the teachers, they know how to engage students. Now I have new knowledge in design and assessment to apply in my job as teacher.

By Ghassan A H

Sep 22, 2017

FIVE STAR COURSE. Thank you Dr. Shane Dixon and Jessica Cinco for this fantastic course and interesting presentation, I recommend and advise all ESL/ EFL teachers to join the course.

By Головатенко В В

Jan 15, 2021

An amazing course from fantastic tutors! The way the material is presented is brilliant. I am very happy that I once decided to chose this course and this specialization. Thank you!

By Roman S

Oct 20, 2018

I am very much thankful to all the team that has made this course available and want to give specific thanks to brilliant "Jill and Jack" as well as to all the "sample" teachers.

By Isaac V F

Sep 26, 2016

I really delight in doing this courses, I think they are amazing for new teachers, but also a very good refreshment of good practices (best practices) for experienced teachers.

By Cerise A

Apr 13, 2020

Thorough, informative, and easy to follow. I'd recommend this course, the TESOL specialisation as a whole to all teachers. It looks at Education in a modern, accessible light.