Back to Liabilities and Equity in Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Liabilities and Equity in Accounting by Intuit

3.9

In this third course, you will learn about liability and equity accounts and its effect on the balance sheet. If you have mastered bookkeeping basics and understand accounting assets, you are ready to jump into Liabilities and Equity in Accounting. You will explore the various types of liability, including: current and long term, payroll, and sales tax. Additionally, you will learn about the equity portion of the accounting equation and how to account for changes in owner’s equity. By the end of this course, you will be able to: -Describe the three main characteristics of liabilities. -Demonstrate an understanding of the basic payroll accounting functions and tasks. -Compare and contrast the different types of equity -Use the accounting equation to describe the financial position of an organization. Courses 1 and 2 in the Intuit Bookkeeping Professional Certificate, or the equivalent, are recommended prerequisites for this course....

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Liabilities and Equity in Accounting

By Lenora W

Jul 19, 2021

There are a lot of errors made in this course, especially when it comes to the material provided and answers to the quizzes and the workbooks you need to do before the last test of each section. It just appears that this was just thrown together and not proofread for errors. It has been very frustrating that the students are paying for this and all the errors.

In my honest opinion, I would tell others to not waste their money. To just get a Bookkeeper Certification from NACPB or the AIPB.

By Haley C

Jul 17, 2021

I​ just feel like when I have to do the case study, I am lost. I struggle so much trying to figure out. I feel like doing the lessons it all makes sense to me, but doing the case study I have a very hard time.

By Sherie L M

Aug 8, 2021

The course itself was really good and informative! The case study had a lot of issues, though. Therefore, it affected the last quiz/test.

By Melissa P

Sep 6, 2021

Very disappointed and would not recommend. Coursera needs to review the questions they are asking. Riddled with errors which is extremely frustrating especially during final exams.

By Sheena M

Aug 22, 2021

Class is great to learn the accounting terminology and to apply what you learned. They still need to work on the quiz grading; not fun marking right answers wrong.

By Kari C

Jul 20, 2021

There where a few glitchy modules or places where the math didn't add up. Also, there was no way to reach out for clarification if I didn't understand on a quiz.

By Kay S

Aug 1, 2021

I felt like this course had more substance than the first two, so that is a definite positive. Still don't like the time taken to listen to the animated characters; still enjoy the experts sharing; still experiencing some glitching in the practice sessions. I think the most disappointing part of this course was the final project workbook; it was a mess and took a very long time to go through but because the initial balances didn't balance, it was impossible to balance the accounting equation. Still squeaked by on passing the final exam even though I also made one dumb typo, but that was really nerve-wracking!

By Ashick C

Aug 21, 2021

Case Studies need to be worked on

By Paula L

Aug 26, 2021

Nothing sunk in apparently. This is why I only do bookkeeping with QBO and do not mess with double entry bookkeeping. Too complicated.

By Scott M

Sep 2, 2021

A good introduction that dives a bit deeper then you would expect in an online course. definately helps you understand core concepts in Liabilities and Equity and elaborates on what it means to understand these two concepts in bookkeeping and how they relate to you Financial Statements.

By Annette M

Jul 9, 2021

Very informative, I learned a lot and was able to hone a few of my skills and pick up a few new ones with quickbooks online

By Vanessa G

Aug 20, 2021

There are many practical examples, and the way they explain the concepts make it easy to understand. Althouhg, they need to improve the case studies, their spreadsheets and some calculations seem off.

By Laura H

Sep 17, 2021

To many issues with the information provided. It was not properly checked for accuracy and caused confusion. I'm thinking of canceling my membership if this is what the rest of my learning is going to be like.