Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

NS

Dec 23, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

CS

Apr 01, 2018

Amazing course, great instructors. The amount of working linear algebra knowledge you get from this single course is substantial. It has already helped solidify my learning in other ML and AI courses.

226 - 250 of 673 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Xiao H

Jul 24, 2018

Focused on the geometrical view to look at the linear algebra rather than hand-calculations. Very intuitive!

By Ayush B

Jul 24, 2018

The hands-on learning on web page ranking was insightful.

By Marco C

Apr 09, 2018

One of the best online courses I've ever taken.

By Anqi K

Jun 23, 2018

Nice Course! Carefully explain the core concept in linear algebra and links with computational method

By Loveleen G

May 04, 2018

Good Course, Go for it.

By Musawar A

Jul 08, 2018

Very nice opertunity

By Jonathan F

May 20, 2018

Excellent introduction. For me, as someone who had studied vectors and matrices at school, decades ago, it was wonderful to go back and re-learn this stuff in a different way. This course is much more focused on the meaning and usefulness of these things, rather than just learning how to do the maths. The first 3 minutes of the session on eigenvectors brilliantly showed in graphical form what they really are, something I'd never really grasped at school. Recommended.

By Ahmed H A E

Jul 08, 2018

It's really a very interesting course.

By Vassiliy T

May 17, 2018

very well structured. problem solving pushes to learn more

By Peter H S

May 09, 2018

Excellent course on the relevant parts of linear algebra for CS. Both instructors are great fun to watch and the assignments use up-to-date Python programming and Jupyter notebooks. Well done !!!

By Huang X

May 12, 2018

This course helps me a lot. I don't need to calculate the matrix by hand. I just need to get the concept of what is the matrix doing and use computer to calculate it. This is the most import thing I got in this course.

By Jason J

May 25, 2018

David Dye is excellent! I wish my university mathematics was taught like this 15 years ago.

By Christos P

Jul 02, 2018

It was honestly great. The first two weeks didn't have much new for someone who'd already taken Linear Algebra, but the last three weeks were very informational. It really helped me understand the concepts geometrically/spatially in ways I hadn't seen before when I had taken general linear algebra at my university.

By HARSH K D

Jun 13, 2018

nice of mathematics

By Deepak T

May 07, 2018

Awesome explanation of each topic!!

By Anas N B

Jun 06, 2018

Very Useful to understand clearly the Linear Algebra Basics.

Thanks u professor.U did a great job.:)

By Niclas F S

Apr 14, 2018

Superb introduction to Linear Algebra! Thanks to the instructors for their very clear explanations!

By Sai S H G

Apr 26, 2018

Really enjoyed the course!

Wonderful lectures and really helpful assignments.

By Nanyan Z

May 25, 2018

It's really useful!

By Wang Z

Jun 30, 2018

Very challenging yet extremely beneficial

By Keer M

Jun 03, 2018

Informative and not overbearing. Does a good job connecting lecture material with practical problems.

By Shufei W

Apr 09, 2018

Very good presentations and I like the way you constructed the material, not just solving the equations. Thank you very much. Shufei

By Xiangxin S

May 29, 2018

great class, only focused on the core concepts of linear algebra, and try to build a intuition of how these concepts fit in later on machine learning applications

By Ali A

Jun 08, 2018

One of the best I've seen on linear algebra. I would recommend it for people who need a refresh on the subject.

By Prateek J

Apr 30, 2018

Good course for refreshing your knowledge in Linear Algebra. Easy to understand material and instructor is great.