Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

EC

Sep 10, 2019

Excellent review of Linear Algebra even for those who have taken it at school. Handwriting of the first instructor wasn't always legible, but wasn't too bad. Second instructor's handwriting is better.

NS

Dec 23, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

201 - 225 of 672 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Trà N

Nov 08, 2018

Really good course, help me to understand linear algebra

By Shraavan S

Nov 10, 2018

The interpretations given for matrix multiplication and change of basis are presented in simple terms which are easy to understand. I hadn't used Python earlier, but the programming assignments (especially the PageRank algorithm implementation) have motivated me to start learning the language.

By Akshita B

Nov 11, 2018

I feel this course is easy and challenging in its own way. It didn't overburden me but at the same time it made me feel that I am learning something every week. Also, they keep revising the concepts as they move forward so it helps retaining the concepts too. Cheers! I really liked the course.

Nov 11, 2018

Exceptional instructors! A lot of practical application and use of python.

By Viswanath M

Nov 07, 2018

good!

By Akshaya

Nov 20, 2018

Loved it. One of the best courses I have taken in Coursera so far. The thoughtfulness with which the content is developed and delivered, technology used etc. are impeccable.

By MUMTAZ H

Aug 20, 2018

It was good experience. I enjoyed this course.

By Won-Yung L

Aug 05, 2018

This course gives me geometric intuition of linear algebra

By Rain Z

Aug 04, 2018

Very good class for second time linear algebra learners, if you are away from college for a period of time already

By Edison C

Jul 18, 2018

Excellent enjoyment!

By Shan G

Jul 20, 2018

It's a great course made easy

By Aditya U

Aug 23, 2018

Awesome course!

By Devbrat S

Aug 06, 2018

just one word " Knowledgesome"

By Jaffer K

Sep 18, 2018

A really good refresher of past concepts. It builds intuition into basics that bug many people. This course can help anyone build a good foundation in Linear Algebra

By Arthur T R

Sep 18, 2018

Excellent course, covering a lot of important concepts and giving a simple and intuitive interpretation for them. One of the best online courses I ever participated.

By Edward K

very nice

By Andrii S

Oct 01, 2018

Good course to start learning math for ML.

By Mrinal G

Oct 01, 2018

nice course

By Maksim U

Oct 14, 2018

This is a great course. All explanations and examples are easy and useful, the tasks are challenging but solvable. Certain points of the course might be unclear for students with limited math knowledge, some tasks will make you look for extra info elsewhere. But all in all I would really recommend this course.

By Carolyn S

Sep 05, 2018

Strong review of linear algebra concepts with emphasis on intuitions for machine learning. Excited and engaging professors, good pace, worthwhile exercises, good programming examples.

By Rodrigo S Z

Aug 24, 2018

great course. gave me lots of intuition of linear algebra

By Artem D

Aug 07, 2018

I liked it!

Good leturers who are really inteested in the subject. I've bben listening to lectures with much pleasure.

Interesting assignments and quizes!

Highly recommend the course.

By Vincent L

Aug 07, 2018

The concepts are explained well. However, might not be very useful for people who have some basic understanding of linear algebra. Taking this course is not as effective as reading the textbook.