Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

NS

Dec 23, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

PL

Aug 26, 2018

Great way to learn about applied Linear Algebra. Should be fairly easy if you have any background with linear algebra, but looks at concepts through the scope of geometric application, which is fresh.

76 - 100 of 677 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Jinwoong K

Nov 24, 2018

nice intro to the linear algebra world and relevant code

By Trà N

Nov 08, 2018

Really good course, help me to understand linear algebra

By Serge H k

Nov 25, 2018

I love the stuff that I learned: the usefulness of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, coding pagerank algorithm, gram Schmidt to create orthonormal basis, ...

Nov 11, 2018

Exceptional instructors! A lot of practical application and use of python.

By Akshita B

Nov 11, 2018

I feel this course is easy and challenging in its own way. It didn't overburden me but at the same time it made me feel that I am learning something every week. Also, they keep revising the concepts as they move forward so it helps retaining the concepts too. Cheers! I really liked the course.

By Shraavan S

Nov 10, 2018

The interpretations given for matrix multiplication and change of basis are presented in simple terms which are easy to understand. I hadn't used Python earlier, but the programming assignments (especially the PageRank algorithm implementation) have motivated me to start learning the language.

By Sambeet P

Nov 14, 2018

Great Course

By Stavros

Jan 06, 2019

Pretty basic, but nicely executed. Practically going through the basics of linear algebra.

By arif h

Jan 06, 2019

nice course.but programming Assignment trouble to submit .

By Tanuj J

Jan 19, 2019

Informative and concise course. Good pace and explanations.

By Pierre P

Jan 20, 2019

Great teacher, great course, easy to understand but still challenging.

By 任杰文

Jan 08, 2019

It's clear and intuitive, especially the examples.

By ash g

Good intuitive intro.

By Pratyush

Jan 21, 2019

The course is a great one for someone who has been through high school mathematics. On hand questions are practiced using machine learning

By Gorelov A

Great course

By 郭宇

Jan 09, 2019

Einstein Notation is very useful, and I hadn't heard of it before the class. With this tool, I can easily derive formulas in MATRIX form.

By paulo

Jan 12, 2019

great material! i enjoyed every second of the course - also need to thanks for the professors enthusiasm!

By Rafi D

Jan 23, 2019

Gained an intuitive understanding of Linear Algebra like never before. The professors are awesome.

By sergey z

Jan 24, 2019

Thorough and friendly face instructor from Imperial, a pleasure to watch and easy to follow

By János G

Superb

By Dr I H

Jan 25, 2019

I really enjoyed the course

By Tomáš R

Feb 10, 2019

perfect recap of necessary terminology and math algorithms, great course

By ANKIT G

Feb 10, 2019

Awesome way to quickly revise some linear algebra concepts.

By Juan I B R

Feb 10, 2019

muy bien estructurado, los exámenes se disfrutan debido a que se entienden los conceptos y las preguntas con conseptualmente profundas, no los intentes si no has visto los vídeos.

By Yevhenii S

Feb 15, 2019

Very good course. It well structured, good lectures and assignments. It gives enough intuition and refresh to move forward. Thank you team!