Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

NS

Dec 23, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

EC

Sep 10, 2019

Excellent review of Linear Algebra even for those who have taken it at school. Handwriting of the first instructor wasn't always legible, but wasn't too bad. Second instructor's handwriting is better.

101 - 125 of 755 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Yevhenii S

Feb 15, 2019

Very good course. It well structured, good lectures and assignments. It gives enough intuition and refresh to move forward. Thank you team!

By gregorius a

Feb 15, 2019

Very Good Math Lecture!

By David B

Feb 16, 2019

The video approach to this course is really amazing. The visuals presented and the ease in understanding touch mathematical concepts made this course fantastic to take. Although I would have preferred more challenging quizzes and programming assignments the material taught was still world class.

By Bryan S

Feb 19, 2019

A great introduction to linear algebra!

By muhamad r f

Feb 20, 2019

easy to understand

By Bruce

Feb 20, 2019

The best linear algebra courses I ever learnt!

By Camilo J

Feb 18, 2019

Great class and wonderfull material. Focused on intuition and programming rather that minndlessly solving problems as a mechanical challenge.

By Sameen N

Feb 22, 2019

It give me basic understanding of vectors and matrices. Understand the concepts of eigen values and eigen vectors and got understanding of how google pagerank works.

By Khalil z

Feb 24, 2019

thank you very much for your pure work

By Lia L

Great teacher!

By Ajay S

Feb 21, 2019

A great course to learn mathematics for machine learning . Learn a lot thanks for providing me financial aid for the course.

By Bincheng W

Mar 05, 2019

Satisfactory. Most satisfactory. Actually, this course is possibly the best linear algebra MOOC class in terms of instructor teaching style and how they pick and convey the most insightful concepts.

By Jean-Marc S

Mar 06, 2019

Love this! Quality of the recording is impressive, content what exactly what I was looking for.

By 谢仑辰

Feb 28, 2019

I really appreciate staff of ICL's effort to bring us such an intuitive and straightforward course. It's totally different from those linear algebra courses I've received in China. From your idea on explaining this course on space and transformation, I started to build a strong foundation about linear algebra, and machine learning.

By Amravi s

Mar 03, 2019

excellent course

By Fridah G W K

Feb 21, 2019

The instructors were great and the length of the videos is bearable.

By Harsh D

Mar 06, 2019

Great Course, exceptional in every way, gives you practice drill down some of the concepts, and handy programming assignments that are fun to work with, while not a complete refresher the course is good enough to grasp essence of linear algebra to build intuitive math, rather than classical way of teaching.

By Pushkar B

Mar 08, 2019

It's been excellent so far as the instructor has mixed the basics of linear algebra and real world examples to highlight the application in machine learning. Looking forward to further videos.

By Gyamfi A K

Mar 08, 2019

Taught in an intuitive way. Never have I been able to understand linear algebra better than after following the first 3 weeks of this course. I can't wait to complete the entire specialization

By Liam F

Mar 10, 2019

Very useful, thanks very much!

By Dariusz P G

Mar 10, 2019

What an excellent lecturer.

I just wish that my mathematics teacher at school had had a tenth of the ability to impart knowledge.

This is a fantastic course and I will be doing the specialization later when I get some free time.

Thank you for a fantastic course.

Dariusz

By Huy M

Mar 11, 2019

I've only done half of the course but I already know this course is one of the best on Coursera! Complex concepts in mathematics are broken down into simple terms. The professor also clearly stated what those concepts are used for in practical, which certainly help learners have a clear idea of why they are learning this course. Very exciting every time I click onto new lessons!

By Xinya X