Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

NS

Dec 23, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

CS

Apr 01, 2018

Amazing course, great instructors. The amount of working linear algebra knowledge you get from this single course is substantial. It has already helped solidify my learning in other ML and AI courses.

126 - 150 of 771 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Mar 12, 2019

nice

By dongyoungkim

Mar 13, 2019

기초 선형대수 개념을 잡아가는데 아주 도움이 되었습니다. 감사합니다.

By Andrew

Mar 13, 2019

Excellent intro into Linear Algebra and Machine Learning.

By Gergo G

Mar 14, 2019

Very professional and passionate lecturers with positive vibes. Recommended course to gain mathematical intuition in linear algebra.

By Omar R G

Mar 17, 2019

An excellent course on the fundamentals of linear algebra. It was great revisiting all this topics. I would also say that some knowledge on linear algebra would be useful for taking this course given the fact that the lectures are quick.

By Ashutosh M

Mar 07, 2019

The course is great for those who are new to machine learning and want to start from mathematics behind it. The course focuses on vector and matrices and how to solve System of Linear Equations using it. You will develop intuition of what matrix transformations are and how to use change in basis to your advantage.

By Akash G

Mar 19, 2019

Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra ... REVISED

By Eric P

Mar 19, 2019

I really liked the pace of this course. Not too fast, not too slow. I also enjoyed the focus on intuitive understandings and linear algebra in the context of ML.

By Yiqing W

Dec 27, 2018

good

By Changxin W

Dec 28, 2018

与国内的课程不同,教你从几何的角度理解线性代数。

By Wenyuan Z

Dec 14, 2018

good for people who want to understand linear algebra from a geometry aspect

By Dong T

Dec 15, 2018

Very practical and dynamic tutorial of linear algebra. thx.

By Tiong K L

Dec 30, 2018

Hands down one of the best courses online. As a biology-trained student, I am glad that finally there is a course which explains linear algebra with such clarity that it does not remain a black box to me.

By Boyan S

Dec 15, 2018

Excellent Course.

By Viswanath M

Nov 14, 2018

Very helpful!

By David H

Dec 17, 2018

Well designed for students who want to understand Linear Algebra for ML.

By imran s

Dec 17, 2018

Good Explanation and Useful

By MohAmedd M

Jul 31, 2018

Excellent foundation course , gave me an idea how linear algebra being used for algorithms developing and enhance my intuitive about solving linear algebra problems

By Pranjul S

Jul 28, 2018

Concepts explained beautifully. It gave me new perspective to think about matrices and problems related to it.

By Tahina F W R

Jul 30, 2018

I appreciated how teachers at Imperial London College showed practical aspects of linear algebra. I think it was a well condensed course.

By Arihant J

Jul 02, 2018

Simply excellent and highly recommended !

By Shufei W

Apr 09, 2018

Very good presentations and I like the way you constructed the material, not just solving the equations. Thank you very much. Shufei

By Ali A

Jun 08, 2018

One of the best I've seen on linear algebra. I would recommend it for people who need a refresh on the subject.