Back to Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course explains how to analyze circuits that have direct current (DC) current or voltage sources. A DC source is one that is constant. Circuits with resistors, capacitors, and inductors are covered, both analytically and experimentally. Some practical applications in sensors are demonstrated....

PP
Sep 7, 2020

The course is very helpful to us to understand the DC circit analysis a lot.Thank you to the team.As a faculty,I know the concepts well.So directly went to the quiz part.

MM
Apr 26, 2020

The course is very good for beginners and lab experiments related to sensors are good .Explanation of concepts with real time applications is a good asset of this course

251 - 266 of 266 Reviews for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

By Tejdeep G

Apart from Assignments, this is a good course to learn , There are lot of solved examples through which you can gain much knowledge and better solving capability. The main downside to this course is that , there is no moderation, Many mistakes in the assignments and solutions, Questions in the assignments are not clear, I also observed that within then Assignments questions were asked based on untaught material from the following weeks. For Anyone who want to take/ audit course, It a good course , But I would say limit youself to watching videos and solve the extra examples from solved videos. There are some good question in assignments, But the said thing is that due to lost of mistakes they are not worth spending your time

By Janis T

Feb 14, 2021

Course provides you basics, I give it that. The flavour isn't the best, but that's not the problem. The problem is there are a lot of mistakes during the course: in videos, practice quizzes, including grading tests too! Hours and hours of wasted time trying to solve a problem, solve it right and get the "answer is not correct" form the makers. Don't bother reporting those mistakes. Many have tried, me too, no reaction from the makers of this course.

By Pierre-François L

Dec 1, 2020

The main content is OK, but the course doesn't seem to have been carefully curated at all. Several problems have the wrong answer key, week 1 had questions only answerable with knowledge from week 2, week 2 sample problems included a ton of problems on components not covered at all in the class (op amps), etc. Forums are basically abandoned as far as I can tell.

By Taylor B

Jun 3, 2019

Various issues with the course. practice problems don't always align with the lectures. Copious typos and errors in the problems. Course creators seem very lazy. Completely unsupported. Content was good and helpful for refreshers.

By SURYA T K

Mar 9, 2020

I have rated this course with 2 stars since my experience was not too good with this course.

there are many mistakes in the practice problems please take care of them.

By GANESH P B K

Dec 24, 2018

course structure is good and worth a 5 rating but I am rating it 2 only because the mentors are not active at forum and grader is found faulty at times

By Dr. H B A

May 13, 2020

Assignments are very tough.

By Leonardo M

Oct 24, 2020

While looking up courses on electronic circuits, I came across a comment that called this course "one of the worst MOOCs ever". Since this is a rather popular course and the content seemed pretty comprehensive, I decided to try it myself, and I can safely say that comment wasn't far off. This course was one of the most dreadful experiences I've had on this site. The video lectures are of worse quality than your average Youtube video, with presenters that never appear prepared. Several tests include concepts that haven't been covered (or not included at all), and to top it off, a lot contain grading errors. Since apparently this course has been abandoned for a long time, I see no reason why anyone should even bother taking it at this point. In a rare exception as far as Coursera courses are concerned, the only useful part was the discussion forum. Shout out to Dale Garman, their forum posts were more useful and informative than anything in the modules.

By Dries H

Jun 6, 2020

I've learned a lot during this course, but that would have been more due to youtube and google searches on the topics brought forward in this rather incoherent course... the video lectures are too short for beginners to get a decent grasp of the subject. I am positively sure that the tutors are experts in this field and I can imagine that this works well as a refresher course for engineers but not for someone like me, a control systems technician trying to upskill into the field of drafting. On a positive note, I've had to brush up on my calculus to get through this, which might come in handy further down the track. It took a lot of determination to sit this one through until the end.

By Paul C

Dec 12, 2020

Cannot find any reading material that can be read to learn the course material.

The instructor does not go into enough detail to know how she came up with the answer.

It was said in the beginning that you did not have to know about integers or derivatives, they are constantly referred to frequently without an explanation.

I feel this course is over my head, so I wish to unenroll.

By Vinícius Á E

Nov 25, 2020

Just to warn everyone that aims to do this course:

It's abandoned since the first iteration. It's full of error on autograder and lack some explanation about things that are asked about on quizes (but not to much).

But it has a nice community and almost all errors are pointed on the forums by other students.

It's a relatively good course but there are betters (like on edx).

By Chandrasekhar A

Oct 5, 2020

The course is very disorganized and disjointed. Plenty of mistakes in the lectures, problem videos, practice questions and even in the quizzes. Many mistakes have been pointed out over 3 years ago. Why haven't Coursera or Gatech done anything about it?

By Astrid C

I thought that I would take this course to refresh my mechatronics knowledge, but found it much harder to follow than other coursera courses. The large knowledge jumps between lectures and assignments was discouraging and the forums were unhelpful.

By Kevin K

Feb 22, 2018

Unsupported, I don't recommend this class for those looking to enter the field or brush up on existing skills.

By ALLANKI S K

Apr 8, 2020

questions in assignments are more advanced than lectures

By Judith S

Mar 5, 2021

There are errors in the exercises.