Back to Linux for Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linux for Developers by The Linux Foundation

In course 1 we talked about open source software and the motivation and methods of using it. In course 2, we will introduce you to Linux systems, and help you feel comfortable working at the command line: What Linux is Linux history How to separate the kernel from the entire operating system Making contributions to the kernel Graphical system, and how it works Working at the command line Filesystem layout, partitions Monitoring utilities You will learn what it’s like to work on Linux system, and get a good understanding of the essential skills you need when you work on a daily basis with Linux systems....

AA
May 14, 2020

Nice course for the newbie in Linux world. I really got to know very new things from this course while working with ubuntu. Thanks to The Linux Foundation for this wonderful course.

Oct 1, 2020

This course is the best and amazing course I have ever attended but, I found that the week 5 must be placed as week 1 and all others be followed by it. Thank you for great course

26 - 50 of 185 Reviews for Linux for Developers

By Aman k

Jun 12, 2020

Wow it's a very very amazing instructor and also course because I am new in programming and I want learn linux here I learn lots of things and also Coursera

By Kevin R

Jun 7, 2020

I have gained a lot of great knowledge and use of Linux and its platform. I am very grateful for the content. I really like the way the instructor explains.

By Doulat N

Sep 12, 2020

Tbl thank you much to this your of video and i like demo video i twist that some more demo video is available... Is soo good and helpful...

By Kevin C

Oct 30, 2019

It is great course that help me familiar with Linux operation and command. I'm new to Linux, time to change my OS from window to linux

By Shatabdi M

Aug 21, 2020

It helps me a lot to improving my knowledge about linux and coursera is a great platform to build up a new skills for future jobs.

By Dipjyoti S

Jul 18, 2020

Great course and a great tutor. Assignments are awesome. Thanks coursera and Linux Foundation for organising this course.

By Saubhagya M

Jul 7, 2020

Amazing course ! I've been woring with Linux Distros for about two years and i still had a lot to learn from this .

By Akash H

Oct 20, 2020

Absolutely amazing course. Recommended for anyone and everyone who is interested in Linux-based operating systems.

By Vishvanath D S

Jun 14, 2020

i find most of the content up to date and relevant to industry, one of the most engaging course i have completed.

By Antonino C

Nov 24, 2020

I would have put the lessons on installing the various packages, see week 5, at the beginning of the course.

By Gigi M D

Aug 13, 2020

Very good course to get familiar with bash commands and almost all concepts behind a Linux distribution.

By Edipelli M

Jul 6, 2020

excellent course for those who begin open source learning.equips with necessary knowledge to start out

By Juan C G

Jul 26, 2020

Buen curso, para conocer componentes basicos y comandos de administracion en sistemas operatios linux

By Manav K

This course provides students with all of the basic information needed to get started with linux,

By John Z

Jul 3, 2020

Excellent material gets you introduced to a linux system over a very broad surface! Invaluable!

By Bakhram K

Nov 23, 2020

An amazing course, i have learned a lot about linux tools, and wish to use them in the future

By Ritesh K

Aug 16, 2020

i wanted to learn more about naked dashes so i googled it. I did not regret it. help me pls.

By Widasun W

Dec 11, 2020

very interesting course for linux beginners. Thank you for

instructor and coursera and COL.

By Bhavyesh M

Jul 17, 2020

this is very informational course. i am glad that i did this course. thank you coursera

By Gabriel S

May 16, 2020

Is really clearly, the explications are the best and the demostrations help me full

By John B K

Jan 24, 2020

The course was very good given me a very solid foundation to Linux administration.

By SOWBHAGYA S

Aug 25, 2020

The course was indeedd very useful and helped me learn more things about Linux.

By HARIPRASAD M

Sep 21, 2020

A great course on Linux system and various distributions and its dependencies.

By Umendra P

Oct 29, 2020

i am very happy to learn in coursera its very helpful for carrier development

By Muhammad A K

Nov 28, 2019

Thank You! Linux Foundation for giving us such an exceptional knowledge.