Back to Linux for Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linux for Developers by The Linux Foundation

In course 1 we talked about open source software and the motivation and methods of using it. In course 2, we will introduce you to Linux systems, and help you feel comfortable working at the command line: What Linux is Linux history How to separate the kernel from the entire operating system Making contributions to the kernel Graphical system, and how it works Working at the command line Filesystem layout, partitions Monitoring utilities You will learn what it’s like to work on Linux system, and get a good understanding of the essential skills you need when you work on a daily basis with Linux systems....

Mar 23, 2021

This was the type of course I was searching for, it has allowed me to increase my capability tremendously by learning a lot of new stuff and bash things, the right way to do them. Its impressive.

AA
May 14, 2020

Nice course for the newbie in Linux world. I really got to know very new things from this course while working with ubuntu. Thanks to The Linux Foundation for this wonderful course.

176 - 200 of 208 Reviews for Linux for Developers

By Joao M A d C

Jan 14, 2019

very good explain, easy to follow

By Pramodh r

Mar 2, 2021

Nice Course For beginners.

By Xujia Z

By Shivani T

Aug 14, 2019

By Sarah H

Feb 28, 2021

I like that this course provides the foundation and introduction to Linux and gives a compilation of what I need to know in order to start learning Linux. Its good that its from the Linux Foundation itself - so I feel that I am learning it the proper way. But saying that, the quizzes and labs are not hands on enough - perhaps its an extra cost to them to provide some sort of virtual environment for us to do the lab and test on it and perhaps base some assignments of it. so they don't do that. I'm on Coursera Plus so its fine, but I will pay for something with not enough hands on epxerience. Saying that, I did learn in parrallel with some other courses that gave better hands on and labs and I think that helped me a lot to understand the content in this subject. As long as you supplement your learning with various other sources, this course is ok.

By Antoni H

Aug 30, 2020

Good course with a lot of knowledge. A variety of subjects is explained.

It would be even better if it gave more details and hands-on exercices about the basics (input output, pipes, basic bash commands), instead of giving complete information about dozens of apps that one will seldom use.

Also the structure is sometimes a bit chaotic: sudo appears at the very beginning but we only learn how it acctually works at the end of the course.

By Mohammed E

Jul 13, 2020

I think it's good for someone who need to enter Linux but should make options for different distribution thanks

By Ian M

Sep 1, 2020

Nice instructor. Course materials are not very invigorating, however.

By Jaime B

Jul 1, 2020

It is a great course although it lacks a lot from exercises

By GOUTHAM R K

Apr 28, 2020

Is good, when you already knew about linux role.

By Vijesh N K

Jul 4, 2020

Need more video demonstrations

By Ismile h m

Jul 28, 2020

More practice should be given

By 蒲政衡

Feb 1, 2021

too little practice homework

By KARUPAKULA D

Aug 12, 2020

A bit advanced for begginers

By Manoj H