Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ
Feb 16, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG
Jun 11, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

126 - 150 of 467 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By SAI P K M

Jun 13, 2020

everything was good and its is the best platform to learn something good and better. meet my experiences and learnt a lot of new things.

By Shivam P

Mar 6, 2019

really good synchronization..... i will consider this as good crash course of machine design to align all concepts together. Thank you:)

By KHILESHWAR R

Aug 30, 2020

Very good course for Mechanical Engineers. Concepts are explained in detail using real life examples. Case studies are also included.

By AAKASH M

May 11, 2019

it was a great learning experience for me attending machine design part-1 course here on coursera.

it's a great platform to learning.

By Raghav N

Sep 6, 2020

Coursera really helped me to build self confidence inside me and also they have made us each and everything clear about this course

By Muhammad S K

Jan 7, 2020

This course was really great for me. I learned a lot about the basic of Machine design and looking for to contribute in part 2 & 3

By Sacha P N A R

Sep 21, 2017

Very good course material. Recommend it to every Mechanical Engineer who has several years of work experience as a refresh course.

By Kasuntha M

Jan 30, 2021

Great course to learn about Machine Designing. I highly recommend this course. Thank you for offering this valuable course to me.

By Muhammad A

Aug 13, 2020

I have learned too much factors which should be consider in designing. Otherwise designer will face too much failure of machines.

By Nagaraj E

Apr 29, 2020

Its really, very good course. Example problems and quiz questions were comprehensive in approach. Looking for machine design 2.

By Omar J J D

Feb 4, 2021

Este ha sido un excelente curso, agradezco a la autora

PhD Wingate , por su excelente transmisión del conocimiento y vocación.

By VIKASKUMAR P

Jul 24, 2020

Great content offered by the institute.

Great teaching effort by kethryn ma'am.

Amazing easy understanding 👍.

Must join!!!!!!

By Enrique A M

Oct 4, 2020

Mil Gracias Dr. Kathryn Wingate, es una de las mejores docentes que he tenido en estos valiosos cursos. Mil Gracias Coursera.

By Ibrahin C M

Sep 23, 2020

The Course is well explained and the teacher is very good! she teaches very easily and the concepts aren't hard to understand

By srinivas k

Useful course for Mechanical engineering graduates. Course is very well organized in a lucid manner for easy understanding.

By Jagatheaswaran S

Apr 24, 2020

Amazing content and interative teaching methods. The explanation of the concepts and problems were very easy to understand.

By Alexander T

Jan 11, 2017

Very good course covering technics that are actually used in aerospace industry. I look forward to seeing the second part.

By Myoung C

Sep 2, 2020

Must have studied course for mechanical engineer. Course material and explanation based on field experience is the best.

By Cristian D A D

Jun 30, 2020

Great course, topics are well explained and examples are simple but help you to understand the concepts. Thanks for all.

By Brian M

Mar 5, 2019

The modules were thourough, well organized, and easy to follow. The professor was very good at explaining the concepts.

By Omar A M O

Jan 19, 2019

One of the best professors I have ever had. Clear explanations, covering so much in such a short time, very effectively.

By Felix V

Mar 13, 2018

Thank You!

Very good explanation, simple, easy to understand specially about the bee on fatique lesson.

Thank you again!

By Marco I

Mar 20, 2017

nice course,

topics are presentend efficiently and stimulating excercises help putting theory in practice in a funny way!

By Saddam T

Oct 8, 2020

i really enjoyed to learn this machine design course.

thank you so much for providing such an amazing course............

By Balamurugan V

Aug 29, 2020

this is the excellent course every one has to study to gain good knowledge in failures.Thanks to Dr. courser instructor