Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

In the third course of the Deep Learning Specialization, you will learn how to build a successful machine learning project and get to practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. By the end, you will be able to diagnose errors in a machine learning system; prioritize strategies for reducing errors; understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance; and apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning. This is also a standalone course for learners who have basic machine learning knowledge. This course draws on Andrew Ng’s experience building and shipping many deep learning products. If you aspire to become a technical leader who can set the direction for an AI team, this course provides the "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. The Deep Learning Specialization is our foundational program that will help you understand the capabilities, challenges, and consequences of deep learning and prepare you to participate in the development of leading-edge AI technology. It provides a pathway for you to gain the knowledge and skills to apply machine learning to your work, level up your technical career, and take the definitive step in the world of AI....

TG
Dec 1, 2020

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysis and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

MG
Mar 30, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

226 - 250 of 5,407 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Danial A

Jan 3, 2021

Andrew NG has a peculiar style when it comes to teaching data science. I have never seen someone explaining the terms this effectively. The material in this course is a direct revelation of his years of experience and entails the unique feature of being the lessons learned from the experience. Really great course.

By Bernard O

Oct 24, 2018

Excellent course on managing through the thick of bias/variance tradeoffs. Been doing a lot just based on things I have picked up through experience, but this course puts a the quantitative rigor and discipline behind the art. The sections on transfer and end to end deep learning were eye opening sections for me.

By Gema P

Feb 25, 2018

This course is strategically very important so congrats on making it

I would add a programming assignment including transfer learning or multi-task learning implementation due to the multiple cases of use that are today in the industry.

Thanks again for making this Wonderfull material available to the community ^^

By BAZIL F

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful course for understanding nuances of AI and different useful techniques in strategizing the approaches. Extremely useful in architecting, designing and delivery of the complex solutions involving AI (even as a sub-component). Prof. Andrew Ng is always a pleasure and honor to learn from. Thank You Sir!

By Harvey Q

Sep 4, 2017

Really inspiring course, and UNIQUE. No other class, I think, provide these suggestions on the big question "what's next?" in ML projects. The videos are a bit weirdly sequenced. But they provide very systematic ways of project starting, data splitting, model evaluating, problem finding and tuning. Great course!

By Pedro B M

Feb 28, 2019

This a course on key practices one should have when developing a ML project. Once again Andrew Ng is very pedagogical, teaching sometimes complex concepts in a easy to understand and practical way. I particularly liked the case studies, where the learned concepts had to be put into practice for decision taking.

By Niyas M

Oct 29, 2017

What a great session! Full of practical advice and strategies to help you iterate fast. Prof. Andrew draws on his years of hands-on experience at top companies to put together the best practices for structuring your machine learning projects. This has been the most valuable course in this series for me so far!

By Nikhil K

Jul 9, 2020

super helpful! something that's really valuable in-terms of optimally organizing the thought process i should use to approach an issue i want to solve with Deep Learning.

also, the Quizzes in this course (in-particular) were very important for me because it helped ingrain the tenets of this course in my mind.

By Zebin C

May 18, 2019

In the course, I learned how to divide train set, dev set, and test set, and how to solve the problem of different distributions of train set and test set. Impressive is the transfer learning. Transfer learning is a very effective way to help me provide a completely different approach to solving new problems.

By Swapnil T

Mar 31, 2020

What can be better than this, a highly qualified and passionate individual explaining what he has observed and learnt from the mistakes of other professionals , those who themselves are one of the smartest brains so that we don't make mistakes or waste our time realizing that we were hitting something wrong.

By Hardik G

May 14, 2021

A very useful and important course for this specialization. Downloading datasets and simply applying machine learning algorithm is not the right way. The quality and distribution of data along with the requirement of the project has to kept in mind and this course gives the perfect intuition about the same.

By Jiri L

Jan 4, 2021

This is a really good course and material applicable to deep learning and, to an extent, also to machine learning. The course gives you a very good diagnostic and problem solving methodology for various issues with algorithm performance. So far I'd consider this to be the best course in the specialisation,

By Vishnu V

Mar 8, 2020

Excellent course to understand the ML project pipeline and then to analyse the various problems that could pop up during an ML project. The tips and tricks that we obtain from this course to address those problems are really valuable and unmatched. It is truly one of its kind course from the master itself!

By Abhilash V

Sep 11, 2017

This is a good course to get a feel of real projects and insights on how to go about executing them.I got some good tips to approach a deeplearning project.I don't know if this is too short of a course but I would trust Andrew Ng if he thinks this is fine to get a sense of deep learning projects.

Thank you.

By Fahad S

Sep 6, 2018

The content is very unique and extremely insightful in how to structure a machine learning project. As a machine learning practitioner, I can personally vouch for the usefulness of the suggestions made by Andrew NG. Had I known all of this before, it would have saved me a lot of time on numerous projects.

By Tushar M

Mar 16, 2018

This is the best ML course I have taken so far. A lot of ideas around train/dev/test sets, bias variance trade-off and difference of data distributions between train and dev sets snapped into place for me. I am sure it will take me a while to internalize this content but I feel like I have found the path.

By Edward D

Oct 12, 2017

Brings a lot of useful insight of how to tune the model more from the data point instead of the model or algorithms. This could be super helpful in solving real world problems. Also the two case study homework helped me a lot to get a better understanding of what Andrew meant in his lecture. Great course.

By Shivam S

Jul 15, 2020

The thing is to get started, sir Andrew has given huge insights in working of Neural Networks and driven us through the different parts of the journey. This is not just a course but a story that every Deep Learning enthusiast must go through to see the difference. Eye opening Experience.

Andrew

By Smail K

Jun 3, 2020

Another amazing course on deep learning and machine learning in general! This course gives you amazing insight into how you could strategize while running a machine learning project. I enjoyed going through the content of this course a lot, but not as much as the case studies! they seemed very realistic.

By Hari K

Oct 22, 2020

Very practical advice for a beginning deep learning engineer on what to do to avoid getting lost in the hyperspace of all the parameters one could change to train a better neural network model. I do wish however there was more explanation of why the different heuristics work, that Prof. Andrew suggests.

By Ashwin K

Apr 29, 2020

Good practical tips for planning out your machine learning projects. Every machine learning engineer should check out this course as it will be really helpful in planning your machine learning projects and allocating time for tasks in the project. And as usual, great, lucid instruction by Andrew Sir! :)

By Carlos A L P

Nov 24, 2020

Very interesting to see a transversal course of how to model and manage ML and DL projects, I am happy to learn new tricks to deal with train/dev/test sets with different distributions, dealing with small datasets and new techniques to apply transfer learning and lastly, how multi-task work in general

By J.-F. R

Feb 18, 2020

Great course by Prof Ng. I had taken his Machine Learning course a few years ago, so expected high standards of content and assignment preparation - I was not disappointed. Staff is very responsive and helpful in forums as well. I highly recommend it. Taken as part of the DeepLearning specialization.

By Ayush K

Jan 19, 2020

Amazing course where Andrew NG shares his advice on how to work with datasets of different distributions etc. Coming from such an experienced practitioner is so helpful.

The Quizes are really helpful as they deal with case study and really make you feel like you're in the spotlight

Loved this course!!!

By Zoheb A

Feb 5, 2019

The two quizzes of this course were unique. Never came upon such a quiz in any other online course. Along with the videos and supplementary pdfs, this course was quite unique and important in every aspect. I will use the approach I learnt here on my next ML projects. Thanks to Andrew Ng and the team.