Back to Machine Learning with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning with Python by IBM

This course dives into the basics of machine learning using an approachable, and well-known programming language, Python. In this course, we will be reviewing two main components: First, you will be learning about the purpose of Machine Learning and where it applies to the real world. Second, you will get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, model evaluation, and Machine Learning algorithms. In this course, you practice with real-life examples of Machine learning and see how it affects society in ways you may not have guessed! By just putting in a few hours a week for the next few weeks, this is what you’ll get. 1) New skills to add to your resume, such as regression, classification, clustering, sci-kit learn and SciPy 2) New projects that you can add to your portfolio, including cancer detection, predicting economic trends, predicting customer churn, recommendation engines, and many more. 3) And a certificate in machine learning to prove your competency, and share it anywhere you like online or offline, such as LinkedIn profiles and social media. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

RC
Feb 6, 2019

The course was highly informative and very well presented. It was very easier to follow. Many complicated concepts were clearly explained. It improved my confidence with respect to programming skills.

FO
Oct 8, 2020

I'm extremely excited with what I have learnt so far. As a newbie in Machine Learning, the exposure gained will serve as the much needed foundation to delve into its application to real life problems.

151 - 175 of 1,717 Reviews for Machine Learning with Python

By Magnus B

Feb 7, 2019

I really enjoyed the course and was happy to find that the information provided was broken down enough to make it simple to understand the concepts. The labs were helpful and the final project was a nice gauge of what I needed to improve on.

By Chukwuka E

Dec 20, 2020

Does a great job of explaining the mathematical concepts, and demystifying some of those algorithms in a very relatable manner. And the final assignment was a very good real-life example dataset to boost confidence in the learner's ability

By ARPIT K

Sep 3, 2020

The project which were given to us gave us an insight as to what actually happens with the models you use, however I also prefer to go through machine learning more if you want to gain more knowledge as to how we can use operation properly

By AVIJIT B

Apr 11, 2020

The course is good for someone who has some knowledge of machine learning. Teaches you many new things. Overall i good learning experience. I would suggest this course to the ones, who wants their career in data analyst or data scientist.

By Niamh K

Jul 1, 2020

Awesome course fantastically set out. I feel like it covered a huge range of topics from some nice introductory stuff up to really great advanced techniques. It's given me a lot to think about and work on in the future! Thanks very much.

By KIRAN V T

May 4, 2020

This is one of the best machine learning courses i have taken with good practicals and nice examples. Moreover the instructor was good and has a funny way of talking which i enjoyed. Overall a full score worthy course. Keep it up IBM!!

By Oksana Z

Jun 6, 2020

This course is exceptional in IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Program. It provides newcomers with the ready-to-use tools in machine learning. I especially liked the part on recommendation systems and wish it had more content!

By Abhijit H J

Dec 15, 2019

The course was awesome, I got a good understanding of the ML algorithms. If the explanation would have been along with the python code, then it would have been better for understanding.

But still, I must say the course was just awesome.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Edward J

Aug 12, 2020

Loved the video and loved the exercises. My only criticism would be greater opportunities to practise the coding in the labs rather than just actioning the code already given - I guess that might be more specialist though. Thank you.

By Rupam H

Gone through so many courses but didn't find like this before. This course is too good. As an intermediate, I can say that this course described very complex topics in such a easy way making it very much understandable for beginners.

By Chandan K S

Apr 26, 2020

For absolute beginners, this course is really amazing. If anyone don't know anything or any algorithms of machine learning. Then this course is for them. So, i would like to say for beginners this course is really amazing. Thank you!

By YASH G

Feb 18, 2020

The course was helpful and the final assignment was very good. You have to go through all of the concepts again. But it would be great if assignments would be different for everyone, then validating part would be interesting as well.

By Petros L

Sep 23, 2020

Very well structured and interesting course! Would be nice if you could include a small introductory section about Python code basics, in order for the code, that would be later used during the course, to be much easier understood.

By ONG K S

Nov 13, 2019

Awesome machine learning course. Unlike most of other courses which come with technical mathematic jargon, this course explain everything in laymen term. Even myself without in depth knowledge in maths can understand it. Well done.

By Robert v d V

Jul 14, 2020

Overall good introduction to machine learning, it would be nice for the final assignment to create some kind of test to see if everybody understands the concepts. Now the course is passable with copying code of the previous weeks.

By Omid C

Feb 27, 2020

The course provides an excellent overview of some essential algorithms in the field of Machine Learning. The instructor has the ability to explain the core idea of each algorithm in an intuitive way. I liked the course so much :)

By Nazmus S S

Apr 8, 2020

This course is awesome in one word. This course is great for learning the classification algorithms in such an ease with all the power these algorithms possess. I loved the way instructor SAEED AGHABOZORGI instructed the course.

By Ashish B

Feb 2, 2020

This is a very informative course. The content is amazingly put together. Not only is this course rich in concepts of Machine Learning, but it is also robust in the implementation of ML with Python. This course is a must-read!

By Lipin A

Aug 5, 2019

Thank you very much. It was not easy, but very interesting to learn, to create and to code.

This course, especially its practice part got me deeper understanding what else I should to learn and read about.

Thank you! Good luck!

By Anirban M

May 22, 2020

Teaching was good but since the title refers ML with python expected more deep dive with some ML associated libraries in python and implementation. The course was more over Theoratical but good for the beginners.

Thanks alot

By Joe A

Feb 9, 2020

I enjoy this course - the content, the pace and the Notebook exercizes. It didn't bog me down and gave me a great insight into what Supervised and Unsupervised ML entails. I have lots to learn and practice ahead. Thank you.

By Arnold K

Apr 7, 2020

this is an intermediate level but it blends in well with beginner's basics, allowing even people with less experience or perhaps only theory to jump in right away. Also makes foundation for advanced level. i recommend it.

By NGO T N

Mar 22, 2019

Amazing course. I learnt a variety of machine learning model here. Complete the course, I feel confident in understanding and applying them. It is also the foundation for me in further learning of machine learning. Thanks!

By Venkata S M I

Nov 2, 2019

The course content provides a great insight into how we can create different types of models using Machine Learning algorithms. This is the best place to start if you want to really pursue a career towards Data Science.