Back to Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning by Stanford University

Machine learning is the science of getting computers to act without being explicitly programmed. In the past decade, machine learning has given us self-driving cars, practical speech recognition, effective web search, and a vastly improved understanding of the human genome. Machine learning is so pervasive today that you probably use it dozens of times a day without knowing it. Many researchers also think it is the best way to make progress towards human-level AI. In this class, you will learn about the most effective machine learning techniques, and gain practice implementing them and getting them to work for yourself. More importantly, you'll learn about not only the theoretical underpinnings of learning, but also gain the practical know-how needed to quickly and powerfully apply these techniques to new problems. Finally, you'll learn about some of Silicon Valley's best practices in innovation as it pertains to machine learning and AI. This course provides a broad introduction to machine learning, datamining, and statistical pattern recognition. Topics include: (i) Supervised learning (parametric/non-parametric algorithms, support vector machines, kernels, neural networks). (ii) Unsupervised learning (clustering, dimensionality reduction, recommender systems, deep learning). (iii) Best practices in machine learning (bias/variance theory; innovation process in machine learning and AI). The course will also draw from numerous case studies and applications, so that you'll also learn how to apply learning algorithms to building smart robots (perception, control), text understanding (web search, anti-spam), computer vision, medical informatics, audio, database mining, and other areas....

AD
Apr 21, 2017

Very good coverage of different supervised and unsupervised algorithms, and lots of practical insights around implementation. All the explanations provided helped to understand the concepts very well.

RP
May 18, 2019

This is the best course I have ever taken. Andrew is a very good teacher and he makes even the most difficult things understandable.\n\nA big thank you for spending so many hours creating this course.

176 - 200 of 10,000 Reviews for Machine Learning

By ASIF N

Jun 6, 2019

Found this course extremely useful to build up the basics of machine learning and its application on the real world. Quizzes and programming exercises were very helpful and apt. Enjoyed a lot while learning these complex algorithms. Thank you Andrew sir and the Course Era team for creating this course.

By Werner A

Jan 10, 2020

It was my first time, that I have to come in contact with machine learning. This course helped me pretty much to understand the basic problems. It was a very good introduction, very well explained by Prof. Andrew Ng and I can realy recommend doing this class not only for beginners. Thanks for that!

By Philipp T K

Feb 14, 2021

Fantastic introduction to various aspects of Machine Learning. I particularly liked that Prof. Ng shared a lot of practical tips for real-world ML applications beyond just the technical content. It's partly due to this that the course is still up to date ten years after it was first released.

By Yang M

Aug 14, 2018

Majored in actuarial science so machine learning is not a new word to me. Some of the techniques are very simple such as linear regression. Andrew is so clear and organized which helps me figure out a line in between. The projects are pretty easy but sometimes need plenty of time to debug.

By Paul P

Apr 14, 2021

This course was fantastic! I can honestly say that I learned more in this course than any course that I have ever taken. It was challenging, but doable with time and effort and well worth it! I would recommend this course to anyone interested in a rigorous foundation in machine learning.

By Pandavula A

Aug 3, 2020

Awesome course,

Before completing the course I was lacking in the concepts and if I refer any documentation or some opensource I couldn't understand it well. After completing the course I'm familiar with the algorithms and I understood all the concepts very well.

Thank you Andrew NG.

By Liesbeth v O

Jun 6, 2019

If you want to learn how to apply machine learning in a wide range of practical settings, this is the course to take! Professor Andrew Ng obviously put a lot of time and care into developing this course and preparing the excercises to provide you with a really smooth learning curve.

By Megil P

Mar 16, 2019

Tried different youtube tutorials before, but this course was the one, that gave me true understanding about machine learning and how it basically works. I'll always recommend this course to start a machine learning journey! Thanks to Andrew NG for this course and for his effort!

By Francisco M M

Feb 23, 2017

Excelente curso! No solo explica detalladamente el sustento teórico de los diversos temas, además propone ejemplos aplicativos sencillos que ayudan a una mayor comprensión. Y por si fuera poco toca temas algo complejos pero sin perder la excelente pedagogía.

Lo recomiendo!

By Jawsem A

Jan 21, 2019

Andrew Ng teaching is great! He breaks complex concepts into easier to consume chunks. He not only explains how to implement specific machine learning algorithms, but how to recognize when there are issues with the models you create and how to address them.

By Nimish B

Jun 5, 2019

I loved this course. Helped me learn about concepts specific to Machine Learning in a very interactive and intuitive manner. Working on Octave took time at first but is easy to pick up. Thank you Andrew Ng for this really well thought out curriculum!

By Nitin A

Oct 9, 2020

Thank you for this amazing course on machine learning. Each topic was explained perfectly and concisely. I was able to learn all the basic concepts of ML and how to implement them. It would be better if python was used for the programming exercises

By Praveen K

Jan 17, 2019

This course is very well put together from beginning to the end. The simplicity and approach towards teaching this kind of new and complex subject is amazing. I highly recommend for anyone who would like to get into Machine Learning space.

By Shanthan K P

A very good course packed with the fundamentals of ML. It has given me a great overview of what ML is and the assignments were well organized. Neil Ostrove and Tom Mosher were very quick at replying to the queries and were very helpful!

By Tony X

Jun 5, 2019

Quite good, suggest for beginners. There is no much mathematics knowledge deeply involved.

Andrew Ng used a simply way to describe machine learning algorithm. It's really helpful to understand the concept.

Thank you very much!

By John C

Jun 5, 2020

I will just simply say that this course was awesome! Prof. Ng broke down the ideas very nicely and “de-mystified” the area of machine learning. I highly recommend this for anyone who is just getting started in this area.

By Glenn B

Oct 21, 2015

Absolutely brilliant course and lecturer (simply brilliant Andrew!!!)

So precisely spoken; such brilliant tutorial notes, wiki, forum (mentor Tom Mosher - Thank you)

This course is better than many paid university courses.

By Amine M

Apr 11, 2019

I took this class to recap my ML knowledge. It filled up my ML knowledge gap! Anyone can take this class, regardless of background or level. There is always something new to learn in each lecture and topic!

By Altanai B

Aug 31, 2020

A brilliant sequence of topics and fundamentals to get a stronghold on ML . The learnings I obtained from this course will always be my guiding factor in working through the projects in my life ahead.

By Caleo M S

May 23, 2020

Um curso incrível com uma ótima didática e exercícios que realmente estimulam o que foi aprendido em aula. Sem dúvida é a melhor fonte de conhecimento para adentrar no mundo de Máquina de Aprendizado.

By Omri M

Jan 16, 2019

terrific course, good balance of both high and ground level teaching. Good, hands-on experience. I actually appreciate the fact it isn't python or R - this way it's not geared toward a specific crowd

By Raman H

Apr 22, 2021

One of the greatest courses I ever passed!

First weeks may seem easy especially if you've got mathematical background, but don't be fooled by it. Latest weeks are interesting and pretty difficult.

By Muhilraaj A R

Jan 2, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed by doing this course.Gained lots of Knowledge on machine learning and practical skills on applying it.Thank you Andrew Ng sir,Standford University and Coursera for this course.

By Luís R

Jan 16, 2019

The course has an adequate degree of dificulty. It is not easy. But, the subject matter demands for that specific degree of detail if we really like to actually do something with machine learning.

By Sai G K

Jan 19, 2019

This is a great course for someone looking to learn Machine Learning from the ground up. I would suggest this course to everybody from beginners to professionals. Andrew Ng is an awesome teacher.