Back to Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies by Università Bocconi

Learn how fashion and luxury companies work and understand their brands, products, retail, and communication strategies. Travel through business models, international development, and product categories with industry influent experts. Adopting a case-study approach, the course presents strategic brand management in luxury and fashion companies as a balancing act: tradition vs. innovation, expertise vs. experimentation, casual vs. stylish; in order to increase the brand value by nurturing the brand heritage and at the same time staying fresh, relevant, and contemporary in the global marketplace. Topics such as the impact of new retail channels, new media channels, and new business declinations for the brand and emerging markets will be discussed in the course....

VK

Jan 31, 2020

It's a great course for those who'd like to understand the the way fashion industry is organized; what's the key factors in marketing of fashion and luxury brands; what's important in communication.

PM

Mar 02, 2017

What a great resource for both Fashion and Business Students around the world. I am a student in London using this resource to further my knowledge and Iove it. I will continue using and supporting.

526 - 550 of 565 Reviews for Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies

Mar 30, 2017

great!

By zyna s

Oct 09, 2016

good

By Pool G

Jan 10, 2016

****

By Luiza C

Oct 18, 2015

The course content of this course is not much and thus one can finish it rather very quickly. However one of the lecturer's had such a heavy accent I had to use subtitles just to understand the content. I am not in anyway in the fashion industry nor aspiring to be so this was just like a "tester" for me. I was however surprised that its not all about modelling and the sorts but incorporates some business aspect about the fashion industry.

By Olena B

Nov 20, 2015

Course is interesting, but sometimes its so hard to perceive the information with such accent :( I`m not lazy to read the subtitles, no.. but they also, from time to time work improperly and its not feasible at all to conceive the information . Plus, its absolutely inconvenient when you provide one huge assignment for several weeks at once! Why couldn`t you make it a few smaller to every week?

(( I think I`ll disenroll

By Gabriel T R

Jan 28, 2018

The contents are very good and the topics, information and examples are modern and contemporary. My only complain would be the structure of the modules and the tests. This course contains a lot of information and quizes tend to be merged, thus you end up taking a test of about 15-20 questions and need to be looking back constantly to be sure of your answer. Also, multiple answer questions tend to be capacious.

By Mage I

Mar 07, 2018

I like the content but I found it very basic for me. I learned a lot about Italian fashion and retail. which I appreciated a lot. I would suggest this course to beginners and to people who have a little knowledge of fashion. I would have appreciated it the course would have a few scientific articles as references to back up their facts. Thank you!

By Beatriz R d A M

Jun 05, 2017

While the reputation of Bocconi and the content of the course are good, professor/s command of the English language along with all the misspellings in the transcripts are unacceptable. Being bilingual (Spanish/English) makes it a little bit easier to guess what they are saying, specially when they translate the grammar from Italian. Thanks.

By ramon a

Nov 03, 2015

Hay temas confusos. P.e. los modelos de Digital Competition. A veces el contenido es poco claro y reiterativo. Los cursos de Coursera de escuelas de negocio de EEUU tienen contenidos mejor estructurados y mas concisos. Hay preguntas relativas a marcas / compañías que son imposibles de contestar si no conoces a dichas marcas.

By Jelena D

Dec 27, 2015

The content of the course is very interesting, and I plan to go go through with it. A huge downside is that it is very difficult to follow the course because of the professors' strong accent and, at times, incorrect pronunciation. It is distracting. Also, it would be good to have weekly assignments, to stay on track.

By Xiangyi L

Mar 11, 2020

I really wanna finish but two problems, one thing is the accent is really very distracting that makes me couldn't focus on the content of courses ( which I do believe is good..) Another thing is exam is really hard I hope it could be like small quizzes after each chapter or video which will be also helpful too

By MAYKON D S E S

Dec 05, 2016

This course has a very nice content. The difficult thing is to follow the classes with a very difficult language spoken by the teacher. Her English is not so good, although she has a good know-how about the subject but the classes are completely boring and apathetic. What a shame!

By Lin Y

Jul 14, 2018

While this course is very interesting, its contents are fairly fundamental and the tests are easy to pass. I suggest the content creators to further enrich the course with more in-depth knowledge and complexity. Thank you!