Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

2251 - 2275 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Anureet K

Jul 4, 2020

Great course got mind relaxation and educate that how to reduce anxiety in crisis and social isolation

By Monisha P

Aug 9, 2020

It's an very informative course.i learnt many different thing's.thanks for your well explanation..

By Sathishkumar r R M

Jun 15, 2020

This course is very helpful for me...I gain knowledge to control mental health during covid 19

By RAMLATH K

Jun 4, 2020

This course is very good. it's helped a lot to enhance my personal as well as my personal skills

By ABHISHEK N

Jul 20, 2020

Very nice i really feel motivated now, clearly understood. Thank you Coursera for such a course

By Sarah R

Sep 23, 2020

I liked the instructor. Short course which was nice. Valuable information and insight gained.

By Dhanraj P

Jul 25, 2020

Good and Healthy tips provided in this crisis,I recommend every group of Learners to enroll.

By TARASHA S

Jul 4, 2020

it was a very informative course which gave an insight about how to manage our mental health

By Durvesh J

Aug 23, 2020

It was really a helpful course on how to deal with various mental issues. Thank You so much

By Nasser A A

Jul 6, 2020

The course was excellent. I really enjoyed listening to a psychologist after so many years!

By madhurima c

Jun 15, 2020

It is comparatively an easy course. But I didn't get the certificate after completion.

By ABISHEK A

Jun 11, 2020

At this panic situation it really helpful to come out from this. Thank you professor.

By Dallas S

Apr 21, 2020

Helpful and happy to have attended. I learned a lot about how to deal with the virus.

By Arpit g

Jul 23, 2020

It was a wonderful course and from this I have come to know how. To handle our mind

By Criz

May 4, 2021

I have diagnosticated generalized anxiety, i think this could work at covid times

By Myriam B

Sep 6, 2020

A very interesting subject , and well explained courses.Thanks Mr STEVE JOORDENS.

By Damla G

Nov 23, 2020

Thank you for the support! We still hope this will pass and we will be stronger.

By Chris H

Oct 17, 2020

Pragmatic and usable. Happy to have text to augment the videos. Very useful.

By Ojasvi G

Aug 27, 2020

Loved Prof. Joorden's way of talking and explaining things. Helped me a lot.

By chin w a

Oct 26, 2020

interesting short course on being & staying in control during the pandemic.

By Manan M

Sep 13, 2020

Loved doing the course. Was very insightful and really reflects on me now!

By Jer A C

Dec 30, 2020

It's nice especially when you want how to learn to control your mind. 😊

By SREEHARI P

Aug 21, 2020

ITS REALLY A VERY VALUABLE COURSE AT THIS CURRENT SCENARIO. THANK YOU.

By VLADIMER J N

Jul 22, 2020

VERY HELPFUL AND RELEVANT. TOPICS ARE BRIEF AND CONCISE. WELL-EXPLAINED

By Catherine B

Aug 17, 2020

Quick and easy to comprehend, I found it very helpful for Covid time.