Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

2451 - 2463 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Jozia K

Mar 12, 2021

if you teach your children everything about the cousre and we listen ,do hardwork but then you did not provide their results is unfair,,,i'm not getting my certificate even everything completed.

By Quazi T S

Jun 13, 2020

Dear Concern,

I have completed the course a few days before. But didn’t receive the certificate yet. Please issue my certificate as soon as possible. Thanks!

By Michelle G

Jun 1, 2020

I never got my certificate. I completed all 4 weeks with the quizzes and nothing. It still shows that the course is in progress.

By SOORAJ P B

Jul 29, 2020

i completed the course long back but i have not received certificates and it is showing reset guidelines which is not accessible

By manoj c

Aug 29, 2020

Though I have completed the course, I haven't received my certificate. Even the reset my deadlines is not working.

By Deepthy B

Jun 25, 2020

It is very helpful to reduce anxiety and fear about our new disease covid19

Mar 16, 2021

It was showing free course why I am not getting free course certificate.

By ABHRADEEP C

good course but no certificate on completion

By Amitaben D

Finished the course days in progress

By Jeevitha.V

Jul 9, 2020

This coures if very usefull

By AMALU M J