Back to Managing as a Coach

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing as a Coach by University of California, Davis

Do you (or do you want to) manage employees? Have you ever wondered how to get better performance out of those you manage? Are you unsure if you are communicating effectively with your employees? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then this course – and its associated specialization – is for you! Leadership and management responsibilities have changed dramatically, particularly in the last decade. In order to be an effective manager in increasingly fast-paced and complex organizational environments, coaching has become essential. In this course, you will learn what coaching is and learn how to differentiate between it and all of the other myriad roles managers are expected to perform – managing, mentoring, leading, and training. You’ll learn about the importance of strong leadership and learn to describe your current point of view as a leader, and evaluate when to adjust your thinking in order to be more effective in managing and leading in a rapidly evolving workplace. And finally, you’ll be introduced to the Thought Model, a coaching technique you can use to develop better thinkers and better performers. So if you’re ready to learn all about how to be a more effective and valued manager using coaching techniques, join us as we explore more successful managing through coaching!...

JW
Aug 26, 2020

This was a great course to help reinforce the need to approach issues with the mindset of a coach. It will enable me to have much more productive conversations with people as we work through problems.

ZM
Mar 3, 2021

I really enjoyed the lectures! the lecturer is fun and interactive. I'll be proceeding with the next course shortly! for those who wanted to learn a proper way to manage, this course is right for you!

126 - 150 of 368 Reviews for Managing as a Coach

By Anna R

Mar 13, 2016

Very interesting course, it made me look at some situations from different point of view

By Kalpesh S K

Jan 20, 2022

Its Really great course dor Managers, who wanr to change habits, attitude and practice.

By Gary G

Nov 16, 2020

This course helped me reflect on my methods as a coach and reinforced things further.

By Laura F

Dec 8, 2019

Wish I had this available to me when I first started out as a manager 15 years ago!

By Yohan H

Jan 15, 2019

A very good course; easy to understand and very applicable to my situation at work.

By Paulo H S L

Jun 7, 2019

Very good course, helps me a lot to start understand how to coach and help people.

By Kevin B B

Dec 26, 2020

I gained a lot which is helpful in the real world. I actually love this course :D

By Opas S

Aug 24, 2020

Thank you very much for the great course. This course broadening my manager skill

By Matthew B

Oct 6, 2019

A great fundamentals course on coaching basics and what it means to be a Manager.

By FOTSO P

Dec 30, 2021

i am proud to have done this training because it will help me improve in my job.

By Boney M

Feb 28, 2016

Very useful insights, didactically well done and nice instructor of the course.

By Robert A

Aug 1, 2018

I definitely learned useful skills that will help me in my leadership journey.

By Robin S

Apr 19, 2018

I really liked this course. It has a good balance between theory and practice.

By Palash K P

Sep 14, 2020

I think this course will definitely add some value in my professional career.

By Mizanur R

Dec 17, 2017

A great introductory course for people who are interested in human resources.

By Mark A C

Jun 6, 2017

Watched the videos over and over so I didn't miss anything. Very interesting.

By Nicholle H

Feb 12, 2016

Great class - learning so much - well done and well thought out. Thank you!!

By Papiya R

May 25, 2019

Excellent course content with very clear explanation of the logics and steps

By Jeff C

Dec 23, 2019

It sucks your held hostage in each course until someone grades your work!

By Sara M

Aug 18, 2019

The Thought Model works like a charm! Loved the training. Thanks so much

By greg p

Aug 16, 2019

Love the Thought Model Kate. Very practical and useful stuff. Thank you!

By Amal L C

Jan 20, 2020

Great Content and many practical exercises and easily applied learning.

By Rob B

Oct 19, 2017

Couse content is highly relevant and immediately applicable on the job.

By Paulo N

Apr 6, 2021

Very clear and practical course, that enables you to think as a Coach.

By Ella W

Dec 31, 2018

My first Coursera Course. Learn More about how to manage like a coach.