Back to Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University

Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools....

LW
Dec 3, 2021

I'm not a teacher, but you don't need to become one to enroll. It has thought me so much as a student. Emotional Intelligence is an important life skill, and this course is an amazing starter kit.

KP
Feb 14, 2021

Timely reminder of concepts I know but am lax on applying. Supportive content that further equips me for emotional success in myself and my students. Provides tools for reflection and application.

76 - 100 of 342 Reviews for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

By noodleq c

Dec 25, 2021

This course is a great introduction to SEL. It is especially important now, more than ever. I hope to regulate myself better and also to implement it in my classroom to help my students returning to school.

By Pamela M

Feb 16, 2021

This was a wonderful course, filled with helpful information. I would recommend this class to anyone interested in learning better communication skills, emotional regulation, and identification of feelings.

By Carolina V S

Feb 8, 2021

This is an amazing course! It really makes you think and re-evaluate the way you see emotions and behaviors. I love what I can do with my son and loved ones. My students really deserved my understanding!

By James K

Dec 2, 2021

This was the most awesome course of the times! Yale University was so prompt in equipping teachers, managers and students for the likely stress COVID 19 was bound to plunge them into. Bravo!

By Brad C

Jan 25, 2021

This course offers sophisticated research to support the interventions that are taught. It is compatible with other work I have done on well being and it will enhance my work going forward.

By Sarina I

Aug 13, 2021

Very helpful course for anyone struggling to be hopeful or manage their emotions during this pandemic. Although this course was designed for educators, it's helpful even if you aren't one.

By Dr. K P

Mar 8, 2021

Very thought provoking and informative. I was able to gain a lot of insight and new strategies for managing my own emotions and stress in order to be more supportive of those I work with.

By 3 C T C C M

Feb 14, 2021

Loved this course. The flexibility of the coursera website was awesome and held me accountable. I learned a lot and enjoyed the videos and reflection questions. I love the Yale Center!

By Iris T

Aug 26, 2021

The course is practical with good tools for everyday life too. It is very uesful for parents to learn too as part of the participatory and emotionally connected partners with schools.

By Maribel M

Mar 21, 2021

What a wonderful, insightful and necessary course! I have learned so much and I am on my way to becoming an emotion scientist. I appreciate all the tools and the readings. Thank you.

By Carla-Ann F

Feb 14, 2021

This course gives a great overview of how to manage your own emotions before attempting to support others. It also gives great strategies to meet student clients where they are at!

By Barb K

Feb 28, 2021

EXTRAORDINARY ... This course is in a league of its own ... Though I have been through RULER training, my knowledge "roots" run deeper, and comfort talking about it is clearer!

By Ivonne L F

Jan 6, 2021

Este curso me proporcionó herramientas muy útiles para aplicar tanto en lo personal como en la comunidad escolar, lograr un ambiente psicológicamente seguro es prioridad.

By Chia C L

Apr 8, 2021

Thanks for such a great course! I have completed in advance but i do find it very useful to revisit whenever i need and when I use some tools i learnt for the students.

By Maria G

Mar 27, 2021

Synthetic, but every chapter leaves you with the desire to learn more, the curiosity to dig deeper, not the feeling that you did not get enough. Very recommended!

By Laurent V

Feb 17, 2021

This course is so useful ! So happy right now. I learned a lot about me. I feel more confident and peaceful with my family, my friends, my staff and my students.

By Sarah B

Jun 26, 2021

Great for anyone working with people or anyone who have others in their lives and struggle to connect or understand them. Perfect for ECE's and teachers

By Paolo F

Feb 19, 2021

Great content. Nice resources. Was able to complete at my own pace. I liked how there was action steps that promoted implementation of material learned!

By Joel G

Mar 8, 2021

Accessible, relevant and with original treatment of ideas that are crucially important as the world prepares for post-COVID education innovation.

By Christina L M (

Apr 6, 2021

So happy that I had the opportunity to take this course. I am really gaining knowledge from it that I can use in my classroom. Thanks again.

By SANGARE J

Mar 24, 2021

Excellent, well-designed, informative course, valuable knowledge and learning, which can apply in his daily life. I would recommend to all.

By Susan V

Jul 22, 2021

A fantastic structure to guide ourselves and others through difficult situations, irrespective of age, gender or cultural differences!

By Karen G

Feb 8, 2021

Amazing! Strategize our emotional education and become better teachers, students, family memebers and friends. Highly recommended

By Rohan S M

Sep 13, 2021

I am reading for a PhD in educational psychology with focus on teachers' emotion regulation and this course has been excellent.

By DYAMS S

Jan 15, 2022

I strongly recommend this course for we need reminders of the daily uncertain and stress that don't bring out the best of us.