Back to Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University

Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools....

KP
Feb 14, 2021

Timely reminder of concepts I know but am lax on applying. Supportive content that further equips me for emotional success in myself and my students. Provides tools for reflection and application.

MB
Mar 10, 2021

The tools, language and resources shared in this course were very helpful in improving my well being and learning how to become a person that can help colleagues and most importantly our students.

26 - 50 of 345 Reviews for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

By Janine G

Jan 6, 2021

Multimodal learning format was very engaging with stimulating activities to help connect with the material and promote professional growth and introspection.

By Brenda M

Jan 15, 2021

I read the book Permission to Feel, but the course helped solidify the key points and takeaways from the book by videos and short readings and articles.

By James B

Dec 17, 2020

Excellent course, really interesting concepts, great tools, templates and frameworks which you can practically apply. Very glad I took the course.

By Susanne M

Jan 2, 2021

Excellent course. It gave me food for thought and I paused during some important, heated moments and made different choices.

By Amber C [ H

Jan 4, 2021

Great course that is well organized with daily exercises, ideas, and tools that every person can use. Thank you!

By Kristina

Jan 18, 2021

This course is fantastic. It learns how to deal with your and others emotions. To help yourself and others.

By Linda A M

Dec 11, 2020

My principal encouraged all faculty to register for the course. I completed it yesterday!

By Bernadette N

Dec 30, 2020

Really good course and it is well put together!

Thanks a lot for the free course Yale!

By José R G B

Oct 1, 2021

V​ery helpful tools for managing and recognizing emotions.

By Varshini N

Aug 25, 2021

i liked the course very much but atleast it should provide course completion certificate.

By Kathleen W

Jan 6, 2021

I was misled into thinking that this course was eligible for a free certificate. The course itself has valuable information but at the same time I felt like much of the quizzes etc. were designed as a research experiment where my input data was being gathered/used to benefit YALE Center for Emotional Intelligence and I still did not get a certificate. I am disappointed after working 10 plus hours on the course resulting in no certificate.

By Virginia K

May 25, 2021

This course didn't teach me very much other than a few new terms to ID important concepts. I also didn't connect with a lot of the questions as they were intended for school teachers specifically. I tried to relate my experience as an infantry officer so it was okay but the interaction with "my students" doesn't quite translate to what this course is trying to

By Elliott P

Dec 30, 2020

I gone thru course three times because there was no proof I completed it. that is why I said navigation thru course should be easier.

By Beatrice D L

Feb 24, 2021

Easily the best course I have come across, wonderfully presented by Marc Brackett and Yale. The course is incredibly insightful, providing useful evidence-based strategies that is applicable both in one's personal life and in the professional setting. Course presentation and delivery is well-executed, with appropriate lengths of the videos - so that learner's focus and attention aren't lost. Shout out to Marc Brackett, who does a great job in presenting the content.

The content is engaging and informative, profound, life-changing and yet - easy to understand, clear and succinct. Valuable resources and strategies are provided throughout, finishing off with weekly reflections that further consolidates the knowledge learnt and provides a great starting point to apply the skills/strategies taught.

I highly recommend this course. In completing this, I left with a better understanding of managing emotions and new strategies/skills to help manage my emotions and of those of my students. Though the topic area may seem well-trodden, anyone who completes the course will have their expectations exceeded and will be beyond satisifed. I guarntee that everyone will have learnt something new, or gain a new/different perspective. It is a highly practical and relevant course, purposefully designed and aimed to equip learners with skills to manage emotions that anyone can benefit from.

Great work from Marc and the Yale team, thoroughly enjoyed the course.

By Keiko S

Jan 25, 2021

I am very happy to complete this course. I am a Japanese and a school counselor and a clinical psychologist. At elementary schools, junior high schools and high schools, I give lessons of Anger Management (emotional education) to the children, students, teachers and parents. I have been giving lessons of Anger Management for more than 10 years. The elementary school and junior high schools using the text which we made are gradually increasing in Japan. I have been interested in your work before. This time, I wanted to take this course very much. The contents in the each section are the same when I give a lesson. I could say OK to what I have been doing. But I am thinking there are so many things that I want to learn from Yale Center Emotional Intelligence. I would like to keep studying from now on. To tell the truth, it took much time to read and listen to this course' content, looking up the words in the electronic dictionary. Because all English! That's why it took time to complete this course. But I did it! What I learned in this course is very helpful for my work. Thank you very much for all of you. In the future, I would like to visit you at Yale center Emotional Intelligence in the future.

By Ying L

Jan 4, 2022

the course is marvellus and i have learnt the sikk to face with different stressful and uncertain times, which is very heipful .

t​he emotion quadrants,, yelow, red, ble and green impress me most.and the couse also teah me to use the different emotion type to collaborate with others and how to let other's life more effective, such as if we are in the yellow quadrants, we are more suitable to take part in a mindstorm...

A​nd 5 steps in how to deal with stressful moments...

h​owever, because of the tech problem i can not watch the vedio, but thamks to the passage below, i can gain the most part of the content. however, some files i can not open, so i have no idea about the key point.

it is truly that n​othing is perfect, i am so appreciated taht can catch the amaing knowlege about the emotion management. thanks to all of the backup workers.

m​ay all of you have a nice day~

By ronnie

Jan 27, 2021

Whether you're a teacher, student, or simply a person trying to live a more emotionally aware life, this course has something for you. I took a lot away from this course, and it helped me internally reflect and make plans to change and help myself. It was easy to follow along with the flow of assignments, the work required is very simple, and the quizzes aid as reflections into your personal life and application of the skills you learn in the course. Would definitely recommend it!

By Kelley B

Feb 24, 2021

Great course! I loved the diversified way the lessons are presented for all learners.The stress free completion and working at my own pace made this an enjoyable course! In addition, I feel my learning cemented by the ability to go back and submit work for a regrade as it helped me to look at errors and try again by resubmitting after looking at the portions that I was unsure of. Very enjoyable and I would take another course!

By Nancy I

Mar 23, 2021

This was an excellent, easy to follow course that talked about the most basic of things but really gave me suggestions and tools for each step of the process. I love how it focused on us and our emotions as staff members first, and then turned to the kids, which is just what we need to do when someone is triggered-check our own emotions first, and then attend to the issue so you can role model healthy regulation.

By Armando J

Feb 19, 2021

This was an exceptional course and the structure allowed me to return to the information and apply it to my day-to-day. I appreciate the attention and detail invested into making this course thorough and seamless. I shared what I learned with my team and have encouraged them to leverage this resource. I am hoping to incorporate this into our educator training and will make sure to become a RULER school.

By Renee J

Oct 17, 2021

What a great way to start this school year. Stress in high with students and teachers. Because of this course, I believe I am strong emotionally and in a position to help others. Next year, we are going to teach RULER to our students. Dr. Brackett is amazing. I read Permission to Feel and while I cried and lost a lot of sleep while I read it, I learned so much about myself. Thank you.

By Francisca L G S

Mar 21, 2021

I thank Dr. Marc Brackett and his team for carrying out this course, as teachers, we are always oriented to serve and attend to the needs of our students and parents in the same way, and the question is who takes care of my emotions? I appreciate all the strategies and resources provided to deal with a dystopian situation and power just like the eagles soaring above the circumstances.

By Maria S B

Apr 14, 2021

Important class to take. I learned new tools to manage stressful moment in my life. The course is designed and organized in such a way that it is user friendly.

It addresses your needs to become familiar with Emotional Intelligence and SEL strategies. This course made it possible for me to understand the difference between being an Emotional Scientist v. Emotional judge.

By Ma. J V

Aug 17, 2021

it is a very fulfilling , practical and achievable course that can be applied in any situation. It can be a self-help or an empowering one.

Course delivery and the structure ofthe lessons are easy . The links to the learning materials are awesome. I enjoyed reading through them with ease and no stress at all.

I enjoyed doing the course. It's fun.

By Karen P L

Mar 15, 2021

The course is very good. Each section is informative, resources are useful and it approaches SEL in a way that fits with our increasing understanding of the importance of relationships and felt-safety in regulation of emotions. Thank you for the opportunity to do this in a format and at a pace that fits a busy life.