Back to Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University

Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools....

LW
Dec 3, 2021

I'm not a teacher, but you don't need to become one to enroll. It has thought me so much as a student. Emotional Intelligence is an important life skill, and this course is an amazing starter kit.

KP
Feb 14, 2021

Timely reminder of concepts I know but am lax on applying. Supportive content that further equips me for emotional success in myself and my students. Provides tools for reflection and application.

51 - 75 of 346 Reviews for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

By Trish P

Nov 4, 2021

W​hat an incredible introduction to SEL and the RULER framework for students. I work with kindergarten children and this course has helped me reframe my interactions with these little people to teach them valuable life skills that will last their whole life. Thank you so much for sharing this to the world!

By Nancy W

Aug 5, 2021

Great opportunity for learning whether you are a teacher or not, I took the course as a HR professional. It applies the same way for employees as it does in many cases for students. I do wish I would have paid for the certificate though. I did not know you could not do it after the class was over!

By Bells M

Sep 2, 2021

I'm sure you will enjoy and learn many new things here that are so important to your career! And after finishing this course you will realize that you are not the same person as when the course started. This course will change you forever! #YaleCourse #SEL #AmazingCourse

By Alana B

Apr 29, 2021

Very much enjoyed this course. It's well-laid out, science/data-based and delivered in a well-balanced variety of learning modes (text/video/graphics/articles) I recommend this course to all educators, parents and anyone working with students in an educational setting.

By Lucille H

Mar 12, 2021

Absolutely loved this course! Highly recommend it to all who are dealing with others and really want to find more about even themselves! In my opinion giving yourself and others to PERMISSION TO FEEL- is one of the best support we can give each other as fellow humans!

By Miriam P D

Jan 31, 2021

Driving teams within current context demands new skills, in this sense Yale University provided two great tools as Mood Meter and RULER to support ourselves and those for who we care about to master the ability to make emotions work for you, instead of against you.

By Vilai O

Feb 24, 2021

This has been very helpful course for me personally because it provides some very excellent tips to manage my own emotional health being during Covid19 pandemic and provides insight and effective strategies of how to help students who are under emotional distress.

By janna m

Feb 1, 2021

Every educator should take this course right now! Stress and burnout have never been greater and this course provides tools we can use right now to support our students and ourselves in growing through these difficult times. Thank you for offering this for free!!!

By Deborah M d

May 9, 2021

I am really impressed with Yale's Center for Emotional Intelligence and what they are doing to help students understand their own emotions and those of fellow students. I really appreciated the exploration to understand my own emotions and responses as well.

By Jonathan B

Feb 13, 2021

An excellent, free offering for educators wanting to expand their own social and emotional health (as well as that of their students). Pair this with Dr. Brackett's book, Permission to Feel, as well as the Mood Meter app for additional learning and practice.

By Kelly K

Mar 1, 2021

I highly recommend this course to all educators and parents. The art of recognizing, understanding, labeling, expressing and regulating are key terms to put into action for all members in the community. Thank you for these wonderful moments of learning.

By Katrina H

Mar 10, 2021

I love how it brings to the forefront about emotional intelligence. I am loving learning about SEL and improving my own knowledge about emotional intelligence and ways to be recognize and regulate our feelings. Huge take away is all emotions are okay.

By Mary A C B A

Oct 12, 2021

Another helpful and informative course from Yale and Coursera. You have helped a lot of individuals who are incapable to learn and understand the field of Psychology. All sections provided were beneficial. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!

By Nadine B

Mar 7, 2021

This course was amazing in its breadth and depth and has caused a shift in my perception. The insight into behavior and communication which I have gained through this course is having an effect in my profession as a teacher and in my personal life.

By Ana R d S C

Aug 29, 2021

This course provided me with pratical tools and strategies to turn my class a better place for understading, caring and learning. But also, to help me how to better help my students to get to know themselves, their emotions and how to manage it.

By Victoria B

Jun 29, 2021

Absolutely brilliant, made me think about so many different ways of approaching issues. I would really recommend this course. I will use it in schools, and in my day to day practice. I found it really valuable and inspiring. thank you

By Wendy T

Feb 11, 2021

This SEL course is well worth the time you spend. You will be sure to come away with many tools adaptable to your classroom. Sharing some of the additional suggested reading with your colleagues will be beneficial to your best practice.

By Carrie W - S F

Mar 27, 2021

This course will help me with both my classroom and family relationships. I have an action plan to start on Monday with my students after learning many strategies for a happy and healthy classroom. Let the Emotion Revolution begin.

By Jamie E

Mar 11, 2021

I am so glad that I took the time to take this course. I learned so much valuable information that will help me be a better person. It will help me with students, coworkers, and in my personal life as well.

Thank you so much!

By Hector G

May 27, 2021

I​ enjoyed this Emotional Intelligence course and have learned how to manage my own stressful everyday stressors. And, how to help others cope with theirs as well. I highly recommend considering taking this class or course.

By Marco A S A A

Mar 5, 2021

I have already had some training in RULER and emotional intelligence but in this course, I found some concepts that I hadn't seen before. It is just to pay close attention. I even shared with colleges during the course.

By Eri M

Jul 6, 2021

A well-thought out class on emotional intelligence and social-emotional learning. Even if this is just for personal use, it offers a variety of ways to become more aware of your emotion needs, and that of others.

By Ozgur E

Mar 26, 2021

a very well structured course that gives practical highlights for social emotional learning and managing emotions. Mood Meter is a great application to use. I start to use pausing and coregulation more than before

By Judy R

Feb 3, 2021

VERY informational and needed in these times. It made me reflect on many things that I do not always take the time to complete. Very helpful with tips and ideas to help more students, families, and colleagues.

By Asma R

Feb 26, 2021

I learned a couple of value added lessons from this course. Emotional judge vs emotional scientist and how to prepare to approach someone with emotional distress without judging and good follow up questions.